Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:47 pm Last visit was: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:47 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Warnings: 0
Thanks, O Shiny One! :D Appreciated by us all!

Yeah the game was going fairly well up to the £100,000 going...when that went, the stability of the board disappeared big time but a drop in the offer was a bit stingy to be frank...still, it didn't drop by much and I can understand why she took it. £36,000 sounded fair for the 5-box board too

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

The bank is certainly saving a lot of money in recent days.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

I think the flowers were more about saying thankyou to Olivia for playing along with the running gag than anything else, and i've a feeling that's not unprecedented either. My memories not as strong as some people's here but i'm pretty sure she's not the first Banker's Moll to get a thankyou bouquet

Anyway a good fun game (loved the bit with the photo album) with a not entirely stupid deal that was sadly discredited by the proveout - imagine if Olivia had hit the big two in the first proveout round instead of the second, that would have been brilliant

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Interesting game, but I do have to say I've missed a lot of the banter this week, it all seems a tad rushed now, the hour format seems to work generally quite well, you can clearly get to know the contestants a lot better.

Having said that, I did enjoy seeing Olivia play, she was a great positive influence at the recording of Danielle's (frankly horrendous) game, and a bubbly personality that played along with the banker's joke to the full. I'm glad she won a decent sum, even if it was a tad cautious (see Deal-Eye! :P ).

The flowers were a nice gesture at the end - I was trying to remember who else received some, I think the original 'Black Widow' Stevie might've done, and she went away with exactly 10% of Olivia's winnings, I think...

Anyway, decent game today.

Profile E-mail  

paulyc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:09 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

I'm not sure the banker would have offered 36k at five box given the fact he has lowered his offers these days. Seems a bit inflated to me, especially as Olivia seemed to be quite a cautious player.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:45 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Very similar board to Frank's yesterday at 8-box with the £250k, £75k and £10k the 3 highest boxes.

£36k seemed a little high for that 5-box. Probably would have been £26k in live play more likely.

thundercat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:27 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Or £26,500 to secure a banker win?

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

thundercat wrote:

Her highest offer before that was £15k not £13k, so £30,001 for the banker win.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

thundercat wrote:
The bank is certainly saving a lot of money in recent days.

Yeah and Michael's £1,000 deal started it all :(

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:48 am    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Simon F wrote:
thundercat wrote:

Not necessarily? She accepted £13,000, guaranteeing her a TPW at best - if the banker hypothetically offered £26,001 the banker would have scored a technical banker win as she accepted £13,000, right?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia
International Forums Moderator

Yes, that's right.

At least going too soon was better than going too late, but seeing as she wouldn't have gone too late, and seeing as she took a lower offer at 8 than 11-box with boards of equal strength...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:25 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

thundercat wrote:
Simon F wrote:
thundercat wrote:

Not necessarily? She accepted £13,000, guaranteeing her a TPW at best - if the banker hypothetically offered £26,001 the banker would have scored a technical banker win as she accepted £13,000, right?

Oh yes, another slight brain fart by me.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]