Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Kim

Warnings: 0
Great games, yes you can argue that £20k was a cheep deal but it's still a lot of money to turn down on what is basically a flip of a coin. Given the luck she was having I think Mel showed more than enough bravery in going as far as she did, - have people forgotten Danielle's game already?

According to the website today's newbie Natalie is Cabin Crew, bit of a coincidence her arriving in Mel's game.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Kim
Administrator & Global Moderator

Am I the only one who slightly missed the point with the story about Tom/Thomas?

From what I could see, Kim had been advised that someone called Tom would play a big part in her game. But it's not a very rare name, so chances are there would've been a Tom on the wings during her game. I'd have been more surprised if she'd been given a name like Norris, and there had been a Norris on the wings.

(Although having said that, there have only ever been about 8 Toms on DoND.)

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Kim

Oh who cares about the possible swap at the end? At the end of the day, a box worth pocket change was brought to the table and was sold for life-enhancing money, which also happened to be the highest offer of the game. And she'd have also been completely screwed if any other box apart from Tom's had contained the £100k. Surely all that is a good thing? ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Kim

Indeed. Not the best deal we've seen on a final pair like that, but that we were spared another toe-curling hypo-swap is worth celebrating in itself! Plus the fact it was an outright win too. Enjoy the money Kim.

paulyc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Kim

I'm glad Kim didn't agree to the hypo swap at the end. The way I see those is that she would have lost either way. If it was the table, she would have been kicking herself for not going on, and if she brought it to the table Noel would have made a big deal about it. At least if she says she wouldnt have swapped, there's a chance, as it worked out in her game, that she would have had the low amount all along.

It may be that she would have swapped but she may not have been sure about it.

yabbaguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm    Author: yabbaguy    Post subject: Re: 16/03 Kim

Quote:
With less than five minutes left when she was offered £20k, it was obvious that she would deal.

How to enjoy Deal more: Put the clock away. That way, although not in this case with the obvious intent from Kim, it could go either way.

The 45-minute format beats the hour out of the water. What a treat to revert to the simple, fast-paced game that still shows the contestant in a positive light. I mean, I didn't realize it then, but the "We'll tell you why else Kim was on Deal" bit didn't actually allude to anything in the ep, but all in all, good editing.

£20,000 was pretty easily the one to depart it, IMO. And yeah, we had Betty who thought £19,500 was rubbish with the £100k and £10 and ended up getting the gigundo red, but here, the Banker got it right. The offer almost invariably reduces the expected value of the result, so the Banker does genuinely want the contestant to sell. But that's why he goes as low as he can. The US Banker, in reality a lazy production team behind the scenes, did a rubbish job of really realizing how low they could go.

Dale got £26,000 because the Banker knew he was risk prone. And the Banker got it wrong then.

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]