Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:49 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 11/03 Fran

Warnings: 0
StatsMan wrote:
I was sitting 2 to the right of the relative, and I can't tell you how much I wanted to stand up and shout, "but it's less than a quarter of the average!", but I just about restrained myself.

I was waiting for someone in the wings to tell her what a poor offer 10K was for the board or was it just edited out? The proveout offer of 21K was ridiculously low too, it would at least have been "old faithful" , maybe more!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/03 Fran

Well it's hard to accentuate the positive on that one. £10k was a very conservative offer for the board and it was definately worth going at least one more round (though i'm not sure i would have gone past 5 box having lost the £75k back up).

I will say this though, personally i would rather see a player deal when they felt the time was right and miss out on a Powerfive win, than feel pressured to play on and crash to a blue

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:44 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 11/03 Fran

The offers are low, yes. But the players don't realise this because generations of them are used to £10,000 being a decent offer when it clearly isn't! Hell, if any of these players were placed into the wings at late 2005 early 2006 they would be gone at the 1st offer. Just goes to show how bad the show has become over time, despite the banker offering measly, monotonus figures on decent boards. The host bigging up the poor figures REALLY doesn't help. We've gone from a wakeyist bias to a very cautious bias. While it would be ideal to see an indifferent host, I prefer the wakeyest noel in his lesser extremes, really.

As for the deal, well, it was a farcical decision. At the 5 box offer of £10,000, she had a 60% chance of an increased offer - 40% of a massive increase and of course a 40% chance of a decrease. In that, there was only a 20% chance of significantly less than £10,000.

So, how long before the banker starts offering even less just to get players to continue on strong boards?

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]