Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
You watched and posted up the whole show in just 8 minutes... is this the new cut-down version of DoND!! :-D ;)

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:53 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

It would appear so!

Similar situation at 5-box to Carol a few weeks back - offer not that bad when compared to the mean (or worst case scenario finish), but the chance of a similar or much higher offer at 2-box would make it a worthwhile gamble for many.

Deal was perhaps cautious but probably the right decision for Lee.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

5-box decision was arguable either way with 90% chance of at least £15k (or £16k as it turned out) and 40% chance of a minimum of £5k but also a decent amount to deal (and with only 30% chance of a considerable increase).

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

The exact opposite to yesterday, but with £50 on the table 2-games running!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

killersbee wrote:
The exact opposite to yesterday, but with £50 on the table 2-games running!

2 games running? Make that 4 games running (which Mister Al pointed out on Twitter) and yet nothing mentioned of it.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

Thank heavens this site is "back"! :D :D :D ;)

Why did the Banker say Lee was 14? Did he read the age part of Lee's profile incorrectly? :lol: ;)

And if I'm right in thinking, is it a 1 in 234256 chance that any one amount will come to the table four games running?

Not all that surprised, though, that Noel appears to be turning a blind eye on this... ;) ;)

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:35 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

RMF1254 wrote:
Thank heavens this site is "back"! :D :D :D ;)

Why did the Banker say Lee was 14? Did he read the age part of Lee's profile incorrectly? :lol: ;)

And if I'm right in thinking, is it a 1 in 234256 chance that any one amount will come to the table four games running?

Not all that surprised, though, that Noel appears to be turning a blind eye on this... ;) ;)

The odds are right. I think because £50 is such a non-descript amount, it's not been picked up on. Had it been the 1p or one of the power 5, it would have been noticed. Also the fact that only Danielle was in play at 2-box means the whole "it can't be here because it was here yesterday" fallacy hasn't come into play and even with Danielle it wasn't noticed because of the all blue finish and the envelope fiasco.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:15 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

This game (and tomorrow's) marked an usual hiatus for me in my visit as I missed the afternoon games - and I completely forgot almost everything I might have been told about this game, which was great! :D

£26k is usually a testing offer, but given the strength of this board, it is understandable that a lot of people on here (myself included) felt it was worth going on, with only really 2 finishes that harm you as such; £50/£5k and £50/£50k, the latter drop offering a decent get-out for the gamble of course.

Rest assured, Deal-Eye will be back tomorrow to analyse the boards of the last few days... :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

Simon F wrote:
The odds are right. I think because £50 is such a non-descript amount, it's not been picked up on. Had it been the 1p or one of the power 5, it would have been noticed. Also the fact that only Danielle was in play at 2-box means the whole "it can't be here because it was here yesterday" fallacy hasn't come into play and even with Danielle it wasn't noticed because of the all blue finish and the envelope fiasco.

I know that if I was in the wings, I'd point it out... ;)

Not sure whether or not it would make the final edit, though. ;)

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:08 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

£26,000 can be argued either way.

I think i'd take it. Especially in their situation where the most important day of their lives is what they need the money for. £26,000 is plenty for that. Why risk it?

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

The following image contains scenes that some people may find offensive!

NOEL'S KNOB

Noel Edmonds - "In getting the tissues, I pulled my knob off."

I never thought i'd be talking about Noel Edmonds' knob on here. :shock:

And I know they say size isn't everything, but...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/03 Lee

The £26,000 was arguable either way, and personally i'd rather see a player take the amont that was right for them than play on unneccessarily and crash. As it turned out Lee's decision proved to be well the right one in all regards, so no fear of regrets on his part.

A good game, a lovely couple and yes, the £50 coming to the table yet again

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]