Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

Warnings: 0
Least Dale's game is still being mentioned :)

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:26 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

killersbee wrote:
Least Dale's game is still being mentioned :)

Quite. Lets hope Noels selective memory doesn't forget that game in a while. I think this game rated the second best this year, after Dales.
He had just the right amount of guts, energy without coming across as (to borrow a word from Noel) - 'cocky'.
A 75k/100k finish would have had a tinge of irony to a deal at 35k, so I think 20k was a very fair escape value if he wasn't prepared to risk going home with a quid.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan
International Forums Moderator

His selective memory won't let go of Dale. He won a huge amount through aggressive gambling :D

Good play all round, the £35k was worth a shot for surprise value, but seeing as he'd turned down £15k and £22.5k earlier (both of which I would have taken) he was right to go on to then secure the two-box bailout.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:06 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

Awesome game today (barring his madcap and illogical system hitting the 1/3 chance of being right). Personally, I'd have probably taken £15k at 8-box but the banker saying that the offers would be good if he went on, meant that it was a calculated gamble that I can't argue with.

Even though the chances of the 2-box offer being lower than £35k were 2/3, with a guaranteed £20k (given that Dale's mention meant £26k was bound to be offered for the £100k/£1 finish), it was worth the gamble.

Excellent play all round.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

Yes, it was a brilliant game, and as you say you can't really knock any of his decision-making, as there were high prospects that the generosity would continue. I would've taken £15k at 8-box with no regrets (apparently the 'threshold' mark on the calculator reckons £13k - I may add a section for this next week, actually...).

This is pretty much exactly how I would want to play the game to extract big offers, although as I've said, I'd get off the ride a lot :D earlier! Having said that, Dylan pushed his luck to reasonable levels today, and avoid the ignominy of a place in the top 5 crashes!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

Certainly a memorable game, with some brave no deals.

The three box offer was a sly move by the Banker and would have definately got me out of the chair (assuming that is i hadn't already walked at 5 box) but going on was far from reckless as well so respect to Dylan for sticking to his guns - and despite his threats the Banker did ultimately give him a decent bailout

Northernmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 pm    Author: Northernmonkey    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

Thanks for the comments guys.

The system was just simple statistics....and it had worked in previous games eg Darrels....when I worked that either me or him had the £50k.

But.....as it's just statistics....and so not definite...I had to take the risk and see if I could get that finish 75k - 100k!

Wish he'd have offered the swap....cos I would have taken it! :(

Ah well.

Thanks for the comments anyway! :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/02 Dylan

Dylan

It's actually not a unique system. There was a contestant called Thanh back in January 2007 who had a system based on clusters of colours of boxes (she also ended up with a £75k/blue finish - albeit the blue was £750 - but no dealt £20k and took away the blue)

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]