Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:18 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Warnings: 0
Liking the theme, the producers have probably had "Knights of the pound table" on their minds for a while but it's not the sort of idea that easily fits into one of the themed weeks such as Easter, Halloween, Christmas or Banker's Birthday, so Love Week was perhaps the nearest!

Considering the board Phoenix had midway through the game, it wasn't going to be easy to get a five-figure offer, and I don't blame him for taking the one he did. Naturally some people will say he should have gone on but the fact is, 3 of the boxes were significantly lower than the offer and if the £75k went, he could well have been given a forcing offer at 2-box, even with the £15k. Definitely a better deal than some we've seen recently too!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:25 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Almost a good start to love-week, but we need a complete win to get the ball rolling for this theme

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:29 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Anyone know what the deal with the orange was? :ponder:

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

Orange... :ponder: Do you mean the fruit or the colour in this instance?

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

A decent game to start Love Week but I always feel that if you are going to use the love shield before 5-box and the no deal then basically you are wasting the opportunity that it gives.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Just watched this on 4OD - love the set!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:08 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Ok, firstly a look at Deal-Eye:

So, strongly recommending a Deal at 5-box, notwithstanding that he only had to open one box from the previous offer to get there, so it was probably better than it might have been. I would've done the same as Phoenix in playing the shield at that point (and indeed taking the £11k). Pretty decent start to the week, even though it was only a draw, the theme is a bit weird (and Noel's costume is a bit, er, disturbing... :lol: ), but good fun and a 5-figure win rescued from a precarious board.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Simon F wrote:
A decent game to start Love Week but I always feel that if you are going to use the love shield before 5-box and the no deal then basically you are wasting the opportunity that it gives.

I know what you're saying, but I'd argue that having 2 offers in a row like that ended up giving Phoenix the momentum and made the 5-box offer higher than it would've been if he'd just arrived at that board from 8-box. But... we'll never know! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:24 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

h2005 wrote:
Orange... :ponder: Do you mean the fruit or the colour in this instance?

I mean this -

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Bit surprised when Phoenix got called up today, I was convinced it would be either Charlotte or Vicki so the Banker could have one of his Valentine flirts.

Anyway an interesting concept for love week "Knights of the Pound Table" has a nice ring to it and the costumes are up to the show's usual high standards (plus it's always a bonus when you can actually still see the faces of the contetants). I like the fact they added Sir/Lady/ Friar to the names on the board as well, though was it my imagination or has some poor sod been given the title 'Mad'?????

Shield of destiny is a nice varation on the love themed twist of previous specials and arguably preferable to the 5 box specific twists that feature in most themed weeks, hope someone wins that holiday though

Good gameplay, it looked like the game was getting away from Phoenix for a while there but he held his nerve and managed to get the offer up into 4 figures, Think the 5 box deal was a good call though i could have understood it if he had pressed on. Just a shame he didn't find the £75k in proveout.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
I like the fact they added Sir/Lady/ Friar to the names on the board as well, though was it my imagination or has some poor sod been given the title 'Mad'?????

Checked it on 4OD and it was Maid Charlotte.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

Michael DeVere wrote:
Anyone know what the deal with the orange was? :ponder:

According to Phoenix's Facebook page...

"its an orange, its a bit they cut out, i gave it to noel as a gift.lol for valintines"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/02 Phoenix - Love Week Specials

Simon F wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
I like the fact they added Sir/Lady/ Friar to the names on the board as well, though was it my imagination or has some poor sod been given the title 'Mad'?????

Checked it on 4OD and it was Maid Charlotte.

That actually makes more sense :oops:

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]