Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 pm Last visit was: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
We're back

Round 5 - proveout

Noel says Dolly is taking delight in the fact that she fooled everyone then! Noel says he thinks Dolly should've gone on, and lots of the audience agree with him. The banker phones and says Dolly's done the right thing and might be proved right as this is the classic board that looks deceptively strong.

17 - Tiffany - £20,000

Noel says that's good for Dolly.

10 - Stu - £75,000

Noel admits he might be wrong and tells Dolly to find the 1p!

12 - Darrel - £750

Banker time

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Banker's offer would've been:

£11,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Round 6 - proveout

Noel says Dolly's done the right thing but she could still have won £100,000!

4 - Sophie - £3,000

That doesn't prove anything, says Noel.

5 - Kitty - 1p

19 - Dom - £100,000

Banker time with £5 and £10,000 remaining....

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Good deal imo. Can make a case for going on but there's a decent chance of it going wrong.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Noel says he's been proved totally wrong. The banker says Stu's not the worst board reader in the room. :P

Banker's offer would've been:

£3,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

Dolly has £5 in her box 18.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Box 21 with Patricia contains the £10,000

Noel admits he'd have got it wrong and says Dolly fooled him completely.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

An OPW from a cautious deal, good game overall :)

chrisjoyce87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm    Author: chrisjoyce87    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Well done Dolly enjoy the money , hope this gets the week going! Did anyone see the promo before DOND Started?

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Nope...I was still out at College

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:40 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

I wouldn't say it was a cautious deal as such. 3 blue/no 250k means the chance of significantly increased offers is low whereas the chances of crashes is very much on. Would be interested to see if StatsMan wants to do that graphic he had for yesterdays game :)

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Course he will - he's a dedicated DealFreak! :D

Brilliant game today...the £15,000 first time was far more dealable than the second, but given the outcome of the rest of the game, well...let's just say I'd have won £5 in truth :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Phil 09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Phew! Some sense of normality restored at last.

Well done, Dolly, lovely young lady and dealt just at the right time, even though I thought that she may have made something of a deal faux pas when she did.

But the prove-out worked. I was beginning to show concern regarding if we would see a banker spanking this month. Just hope now that her confidence throughout her game will now rub off on future players.

Phil.

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

I didn't expect a stick at £15,000 after the £50,000 going. :o
It was a good offer at 11-box but it was very dealable at 8-box.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

JS Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Was anyone else intrigued as to why noel talked about the banker offering Dolly a "life-line" when he stuck at 15k?
I have my own theories, but I just wondered what other folks' take on it might be

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Phil 09 wrote:
Phew! Some sense of normality restored at last.

Well done, Dolly, lovely young lady and dealt just at the right time, even though I thought that she may have made something of a deal faux pas when she did.

But the prove-out worked. I was beginning to show concern regarding if we would see a banker spanking this month. Just hope now that her confidence throughout her game will now rub off on future players.

Phil.

Ron did produce a banker spanking on Sunday, albeit for a smaller sum.

No doubt had the proveout not gone in her favour so much then certain other people would be accusing her of being over-influenced by yesterday's game, but the deal was by no means that bad as you'd probably have to keep the top 3 amounts in for the next offer to be that much more.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

I was actually really surprised Dolly's surname wasn't Parton (I'm thinking she could have been, say, Emma Parton) - since Bing was called so simply becuase her surname was Crosby! :)

Good game anyway, watched it on 4OD. That's actually the biggest win since Dale!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:02 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Perfect antidote to yesterday's game. For me, it was a straightforward deal at 8-box with the round after following what might be expected statistically (1 red, 1 medium amount and 1 of the top 2). There's a huge difference between a 3-box game at 11-box and a 2-box game at 8-box.

Plus Noel was made to eat statisitical humble pie too.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

Absolutely knockout game*. Dolly was delightful to watch and the deal was perfectly timed. After Adam's over-confidence yesterday it was great to see a contestant who knew exactly when to call it a day - Short of confetti there's nothing more satisfying in this show than seeing the proveout go in the contestant's favour.

*Knockout, geddit. :laughing

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 08/02 Dolly

cfd wrote:
I wouldn't say it was a cautious deal as such. 3 blue/no 250k means the chance of significantly increased offers is low whereas the chances of crashes is very much on. Would be interested to see if StatsMan wants to do that graphic he had for yesterdays game :)
Big-Davey wrote:
Course he will - he's a dedicated DealFreak!

Well, I'm not sure I like being described as a DealFreak - but I suppose you're right! :D I like imparting various theories onto the game, but I have yet to be called a 'nerd' in the audience, at least in shows that have been broadcast so far... :|

Anyway, these are the kinds of games I love, where the banker is making a genuine attempt to buy the box from as early as the halfway stage, and today was an interesting battle. Ok, it's visual graphic time for the 8-box verdict:

Extremely close to the benchmark then, very marginally in favour of No Deal but... well. The estimate for 11-box was even closer at £15,100! Remember, as a theory this is the lowest amount the player should accept for the board mathematically, so in that sense the banker did a good job against a dangerous player, even though he got spanked!

Good play all round, I'd say!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]