Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Georgina says that's not what she came for. Stu asks how she felt when she no dealt the last offer of £5,000 and Georgina says she didn't really think about it. Noel says 10p won't help her theatre company. The banker phones back and says it was difficult watching Georgina being so frightened during the last round, and she'll have to frighten again herself if she no deals.

Ron asks if Georgina would normally gamble £5,000 and she says she wouldn't, and Shaun says the final offer will be more than £5,000 if she has an all-blue round. Karl says the odds are stacked against Georgina, and she says she's never done any gambling before. Patricia talks about Dale's game and how his gamble paid off.

Noel asks the question and Georgina starts to say "no deal" when the banker phones. He says he's a bad man but will offer some genuine advice, which is to not blow it and take £5,000!

Georgina says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Round 6 - proveout

Noel says he thinks Georgina did the right thing.

14 - newbie Big Al - £10

12 - Patricia - £50

"OH NO... oh my word!!!" shrieks Noel.

8 - Karl - 50p

Banker time with 10p and £75,000 remaining...

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Oh dear... if only the banker didn't ring up again!!! Should have kept to the no deal.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Noel says the cynics must realise this is a tricky game to get right. The banker says again that he's such a bad man! Noel says he has to play on with honesty now. He's tempted to say the offer would've been £20,000 but it wouldn't be true.

Banker's offer would've been:

£5,000

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Phew, good job he stuck.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Georgina has 10p in her box 10

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Box 5 with Dylan contains the £75,000

Noel says that was like going through an emotional tumble-dryer! Georgina says what improvements she can make to her company with the money.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

£5,000?! There is NO WAY the offer would've been that low. The Banker just did that to avoid the guilt trip.
I heard her say "No Deal" as Noel asked the question and the Banker just had to RUIN it by ringing back. :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:59 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

h2005 wrote:
Noel says the cynics must realise this is a tricky game to get right. The banker says again that he's such a bad man! Noel says he has to play on with honesty now. He's tempted to say the offer would've been £20,000 but it wouldn't be true.

Banker's offer would've been:

£5,000

As ridiculous as the normally inflated proveout offers. If she'd knocked back the five box offer she must have been offered 15k or so.

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:03 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

BankerSpanker wrote:
£5,000?! There is NO WAY the offer would've been that low. The Banker just did that to avoid the guilt trip.
I heard her say "No Deal" as Noel asked the question and the Banker just had to RUIN it by ringing back. :evil:

Spot on.

If she'd been brave enough to go on,having been so tearful and fearful,then the least the banker would've offered is 20K.

As you say,he didn't think it would be right to give the real offer because it was his call that stopped her completing the phrase "No Deal"

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

And yet no offer of the banker's gamble. The cynic could say that the banker knew there was no way she'd taken 75k home and all the attempts of getting her to deal at 5 box when she still had it in play were to stop her from going home with nowt. Then, feeling guilty about throwing her off saying no deal, he went for the prove out stick at a seriously low amount (though he has played some people like that in live play recently).

Anyway, thats just the cynic not me. Personally I thought George was a lovely contestant and glad she got something from the game. Whether or not the banker would have gone up or not at 2 box is neither here or there.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

And we get an average game to end the month, February's gotta be better than this

Phil 09

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

A rather strange game I thought.

I think at two-box, the Banker had a rare feeling of a guilty conscience. He did say that the offer would have been £20,000, or was that just hypothetical speak? Hence why he stuck at £5,000.

The Banker himself did not help the situation when Georgina distincly said 'No Deal' a fraction of a second before the phone rang. I thought in that situation, her answer would have stuck.

Been a strange few days on Deal. Although we already know which is game of the month by a long shot, (Dale) some others leave a lot to be desired.

Phil.

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Odd proveout offer. That said, I would never offer that player £20,000 myself. I'd have offered £10,000. I think £5,000 is too much of an insta no deal whereas £10,000 will cause certain people to stop and think.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:48 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

What the heck is going on? Noel's suddenly not only stopped the guilt trips but is almost willing contestants to deal. The banker is avoiding the guilt trip it should have been today (maybe not £20k but £15k at least)

Well at least no-one can accuse the show of being predictable these days.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

Yes, strange times indeed in the Dream Factory, a rare deflated proveout offer perhaps brought upon by conscience. I think the players are attaching too much emotional significance to the amounts at the moment instead of placing it in the context of the game. However, today's decision was much more justifiable than yesterdays.

Currently in Bristol and I'm seeing a few live games tomorrow! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina
International Forums Moderator

Have Endemol suddenly realised that encouraging players to go on will cost them money they can't afford right now, that Dale's game risked a Wakeyist spiral if Noel reacted effusively enough, and hence started pulling his strings the other way?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Three lefts do.

Was today's hypothetical offer a parody of past inflated offers? The mooted One Rock would have been realistic, and just about enough to take me out; as the Banker, I'd have opted for £15k or so.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

I find it hard to believe that the banker would've gone as low as £5,000 at 2-box. He normally rewards bravery, even when the player's cautious (and sometimes especially when the player's cautious) so I think £15k would've been nearer the mark. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

31st January 2011 stands out for me as being the 4th anniversary of Bunney's game - a manic love-him-or-hate-him player who had a great board and dealt at £110,000. Quite a contrast to today's game.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:12 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

h2005 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that the banker would've gone as low as £5,000 at 2-box. He normally rewards bravery, even when the player's cautious (and sometimes especially when the player's cautious) so I think £15k would've been nearer the mark. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

31st January 2011 stands out for me as being the 4th anniversary of Bunney's game - a manic love-him-or-hate-him player who had a great board and dealt at £110,000. Quite a contrast to today's game.

Wow hard to believe it's four years since Bunney's game! I think today's show was controversial because of George no dealing although it isn't the first time that the banker allows a contestant to change their mind. £15,000 could well have been the offer at two box, if not then I think there was more chance of "old faithful" 26K than sticking at £5,000, and as paulyc said if he was going to stick at 5K then why not have the banker's gamble?

A Power 5 and 4 blues 5 box seems to create proceeding one box at a time to get an offer which would inevitably have climbed significantly with each box, but the banker didn't use it.

All in all the banker disappointed today. :(

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Georgina

A tough game, George was a wonderful bubbly contestant and she was clearly there for chunky money, but the board did not go in her favour.

I think the £5k deal at five box was the right way to go for George, just a shame she couldn't find that last red in proveout.

We've had the curse of the hottie of course but could George have been the victim of another curse that seems to plague the dream factory, the curse of the altruistic player. She's not the first player to come along with dreams of getting enough money to invest in a charity project, only to find luck was not on their side

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]