Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

Warnings: 0
I wondered why they kept her for a sunday and the way she played that game told me! To be honest, I think they wanted her to go on and it backfired big time. After all, as someone else posted, thousands may have turned over when she dealt, so they dont really want 3rd offer deals. Heck, a first offer deal would be more interesting than that, as the game could swing backwards and forwards between player and banker.

The banker gave a long winded appraisal of her character via Noel, and I think she started to believe it herself. Either that, or she thought she was in the same category as claire and she was never going to win the respect of the banker, which seemed to be the case in her game.

Personally, I think Tomas was just trying to offer his friend support, rather than reveal his true opinion of the board. Though the banker may have marked his cards now as a cautious player.

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:16 am    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

Unbelievable deal that but the show is getting more ridiculous by the day with it's stingy offers for certain players. I've not missed many episodes since the show started in 2005 but I'm on the verge of dumping it for good!

dougal18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

There has to be a sea change after this game.

The pilgrims must start cheering when players who make clearly bad decisions miss out on more money.

Noel and The Banker should put the contestants on a Guilt Trip regardless of their circumstances.

A total ban on previous games being mentioned should be introduced. (The Banker mentioned Andy but not Dale for some odd reason).

The contestants should have probability lessons. (Maybe the stats people on here can do a post with the odds of various things happening. It can only help the players).

Tomas just made a ridiculous tactical error.

selv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:00 am    Author: selv    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

BankerSpanker wrote:
I can't believe Tomas said he'd have dealt at £8,000. :smt011

Obviously, hypothetically if Tomas takes out the top 5 blues in his first round £8,000 is all that the banker will offer him or will he offer with honesty :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

Very interesting game and at least she wasn't given too hard a time by Noel for that early deal. Even though I was dumbstruck by the deal we have to remember it was real money to her and everyone has their own price.

Given the amount Dale took away a few days earlier I doubt the production team were too worried about next few successive players going home with small amounts to bring down the average payout down again.

One thing that strikes me in the long proveouts is that it can go either way unless they preselect the boxes before the deal. For example if we rewind to Tonys game you remember Charlotte had the £250k which was the first box in proveout he wanted to open. It was only by Noels insistence that he play fair and honest that he left her box to the end, vastly increasing the proveout offers.

Jules101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am    Author: Jules101    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

Sherilyn is a beautiful lady who never once said she was a gambler.
During one of the games when a player asked for advice she said deal, Noel commented as it was a good
board at the time, Sherilyn told him the offer was a lot of money (as in real life it is).This was all edited out.
I am pleased for her she did come away with the money that was right for her, its just a pity she was such an open and honest person and the banker being the banker took full advantage (as is his job).
It was about time she had something good happen for her and the money has helped improve her life.

As for Tomas, mmmm a very interseting man with a backround of getting people to believe what he wants them to believe, im looking forward to his game very much. :smt023

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 am    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

I could sort of endorse the deal if it she was expecting the bailiffs at the door or was one of those players who'd never holidayed outside Barry island but to pay for a blooming kitchen!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

Why do players say they are there for their children then say they are gonna buy bras and knickers :smt011

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:02 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn
Administrator & Global Moderator

bb67 wrote:
Well that was quite a cool experience, my first commentary in the can. Hope that was ok for you guys. Thanks. :smt023

Thanks for doing it, you did a great job. :smt023

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

Well Sherilyn was always going to be an early dealer but that was surprising. Even without the benefit of hindsight it was definately worth her going one more round, but deal she did even though it was short of her target.

I'm not going to judge anyone for playing with their heart rather than their head, at the end of the day every player should do what feels right for them, not what the players on the wings, the pilgrims or the viewers would have them do. It clearly took a lot for Sherilyn to deal when she did with everyone in the room egging her on and regardless of the proveout offers she did make a profit on her box.

And even Noel seemed sympathetic to her decision for once..

bb67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 30/01 Sherilyn

h2005 wrote:
bb67 wrote:
Well that was quite a cool experience, my first commentary in the can. Hope that was ok for you guys. Thanks. :smt023

Thanks for doing it, you did a great job. :smt023

No probs mate. :smt023

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]