Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

jamesfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

Warnings: 0
Well I missed the game yesterday, because I was working, but something told me that it was dales game, even though there were no televisions about, and I had £100,000 in my head, and him telling everyone how it was going to change his life, and what he is going to do with the money. Congratulations Dale, you truly deserve it, you are an amazing young man.

paulyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:53 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

O right, no not a term I heard when I was on the show but have noticed it popping up now and again. Agree with you KP. Can work both ways as in how often in life is someone going to give you free money? Making the most of the oportunity isnt always soldiering on to the end.

I also agree with Dan. There isnt much comfort had from the no deal / blue finish, but a deal too early with a bigger amount in the box, at least there is a bit of a consolation with winning something that will enhance your life.

lcc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:24 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

O.m.G what a nail biter :o .. i was so glad he won i filled up with tears :cry: i dread to think if he had had the blue well done dale you deserve it :smt023 :smt023 GO FOR IT will be sticking in everyone,s mind now :smt023 .......... enjoy your money and your challenge up mount everest ..... :smt023 :box: ........................................you should get engraved go for it on the back of your shiny new wheelchair......... :-D

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

Well, I watched it in full on Youtube, nail-biting is all I can say!

Simon F wrote:
Game of the month??..... will need a non-contrived mega game to top it for game of the season.

Only a jackpot winner (or a six figure deal of £100k plus) would beat Dale for game of the Season

bb67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

I know it sounds a bit cliche but this was genuinely one of the best games we have ever had!

I was looking forward to Dale's game as he was a cool character and had a good attitude towards the game, he has seen so many folk walk away from the big money and he did the right thing. Well done Dale you deserve the win!

beaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:34 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

Well played Dale, exactly the way to play the game, no wimping out at the last minute, superb stuff

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

norwichdonder wrote:
Simon F wrote:
One more thing, if you look back at the first break where Dale wheels over to the board and points to the £250k on the board , his hand seems to be pointing more at the £100k.

Funny you said that as I thought the same thing and wondered if it would be picked up by the banker. You must be an avid fan if you didn't mind paying for hotel + train. I presume they don't allow you out during the game and effectively keep you prisoned until after filming in such situations. I have visions of half the pilgrims suddenly disappearing from the show in order to catch their trains.

Nope. No chance of leaving the studio during filming and to be fair, they do say that filming times are approximate and I'd only left 30 minutes to make the 15 minute walk to the train station to get my last train (on the plus side, I did manage to get the night before's stay free from Premier Inn because the TV's weren't working).

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:33 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

There's an interview with Dale in his local paper.

Dale wrote:
“It was really hard to keep it a secret but I was sworn to secrecy and it’s such a great show, I didn’t want to spoil that big moment. It’s just mind-blowing when you see that amount of money in your bank account. I just had to keep my feet on the ground and invest it because it’s such a springboard into adulthood, I didn’t want to throw it away.”

“I would have kicked myself if I hadn’t gone for it and I was always telling the other contestants to go for it so I would have felt a hypocrite. My granddad said I would win big and he died in December before he got to see the show.”

Full story - http://www.prestwichandwhitefieldguide. ... h_jackpot/

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

mike wrote:
There's an interview with Dale in his local paper.

Dale wrote:
“It was really hard to keep it a secret but I was sworn to secrecy and it’s such a great show, I didn’t want to spoil that big moment. It’s just mind-blowing when you see that amount of money in your bank account. I just had to keep my feet on the ground and invest it because it’s such a springboard into adulthood, I didn’t want to throw it away.”

“I would have kicked myself if I hadn’t gone for it and I was always telling the other contestants to go for it so I would have felt a hypocrite. My granddad said I would win big and he died in December before he got to see the show.”

Full story - http://www.prestwichandwhitefieldguide. ... h_jackpot/

:) thanks for posting the link Mike.fab game.lovely chap Dale

Lewismail

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 pm    Author: Lewismail    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

The BEST game EVER - I still have it on Sky+. Dale truly deserved to win big. I hope he gets to sumit Mt Everest someday. Good luck to you Dale.

LadyLuck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 am    Author: LadyLuck    Post subject: Re: 26/01 Dale

I can't add much to what has already been said, except that my very favourite moment of this game was the little smile on Dale's face just before he said the final 'No Deal'. He was a brilliant contestant and was true to himself, playing the game exactly as he had always advised from the wings. I was so glad he got the boxes to go with his 'go for it' attitude!

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]