Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Jenna says that is an amazing amount of money. Noel says that Jenna has been rewarded for her bravey, but now she faces the classic DoND situtation

Jenna says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Round 6 - Proveout round

11 - £50 Tony

Noel asks Jenna not to give us a nightmare now and leave the dream finish!

22 - £1 Dale

We are now 1 box away from the perfect end says Noel

19 - £20,000 Karl

Banker time with £100,000 and £250,000 remaining

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

OH DEAR...

Should have been A LOT MORE BRAVE... and at long long long last we would have had the top two live in play at two box.

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

Should have been a lot, lot more brave. OH DEAR...

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Noel says a lot of people dream of this finish in their mind, and Jenna could have achieved this. The Banker is cheering and laughing down the phone.

Banker's offer would've been:

£161,000

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Jenna says she had never seen that finish before and she always wanted it in her game.

Noel opens Jenna's box 3 and reveals £250,000

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

IJ with box 9 contains the £100,000

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Another player who had their chance but blew it BIG BIG BIG time... OH DEAR...

Just saying no deal at five box then she probably would have gone on and won it.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna
Administrator & Global Moderator

I wonder why Noel didn't use those little boxes at the end. They could've said that she'd win the £250,000 after all, if she opened all the boxes within a set time limit (such as 36 minutes) or something.

Monkeynut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm    Author: Monkeynut    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Another lesson (if needed) that it is essential to turn down a high offer to win the biggie. Nothing wrong with people grabbing the first decent offer. But it's difficulty to have sympathy when they have £250,000 in their box.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:03 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Will we ever have the top two still in live play at two box? Very much doubt it unless the players are more brave. Just a shame she didn't find that £100k and left the £1 at the end, then probably a Bankers Gamble.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

I just had to register on here and say how disgusted I was at the offer of £24,000! :smt011 It was about 32% of the average and I'd NEVER deal at anything that's less than 60%. She should've been offered at least £50,000.

Fan of classic rock and metal

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:28 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

It's amazing how many times they deal after Noel has pretended it's one offer only to go up and up until he gets to the real offer. They seem to get fooled into thinking the eventual offer is really good because it's more than what Noel first said but £24,000 was not a good offer for that board.

She had the two biggies and a good back-up. About half the average is usually the guide to a decent offer at that stage,well that average was just over £37,000,so anything between 35-40K would've been worth thinking about and even then you'd have to seriously consider going on because it was such a brilliant board.

She seemed to be a nice girl but she was very silly to deal pretty quickly at an offer that was lower than expected(By me at least). I thought somebody in the wings would've pointed out to her that she was in a great position and should go on.

I would say that was the worst deal I've ever seen for a very long time. :smt011

travis P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

BankerSpanker wrote:
She should've been offered at least £50,000.

Isn't the whole point of The Banker is to get the contestants out of the chair as cheap as possible? He had her today where somebody else could've dealt for a few thousand more. The Banker deserves credit to what he did today.

On another note, I have just read the comments on Facebook and one of the banned members on here called her a "yellow *beep*". Shame the webmasters at the offical Facebook page hasn't got the bottle to remove that person like H and Kes have previously done on this forum.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

travis P wrote:
On another note, I have just read the comments on Facebook and one of the banned members on here called her a "yellow *beep*". Shame the webmasters at the offical Facebook page hasn't got the bottle to remove that person like H and Kes have previously done on this forum.

I can't bring myself to read the Facebook threads for games like this one. I agree that Jenna did a poor deal for the board she had (and not just because of the proveout), but name-calling like that is just completely uncalled for.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

HAHAHA!! Sorry I just had to laugh and I don't care :laughing :laughing I watched this a little late, but OMG this has to in the hall of fame as the worst Deal accepted just before the most amazing round. The final two being the biggest values

Absolute kudos to the banker for such a great play and I wish I could get his laugh as a ringtone. I think that was a classic cackle. Also that little fake offer act by Noel was pretty sharp and as Fergus noted. It may have been the tipping point to get her out and I'm surprised they didn't push it to the guvnor to seal the deal. I think they may have done if she had 'ummed' a bit.

Oh Im still spinning and that ending has put me in a great mood tonight. Sorry I hope you lot don't hate me :oops:

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

I really don't get how some people can take being cautious as being disgusting/disgraceful or whatever stupid descriptions some people come up with. Yes, she was cautious admittedly. Yes, she could just have likely ended up with an all-blue finish as the one that did happen. Doesn't mean she's a bad person if she doesn't want to risk £24k for the chance of win £250k or £100k or next to nothing!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

£24,000 with the two biggies still on the board? That is disgraceful!

And here I thought I was gonna be proven wrong about my prediction date...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna
International Forums Moderator

Brick wrote:
travis P wrote:

I can't bring myself to read the Facebook threads for games like this one. I agree that Jenna did a poor deal for the board she had (and not just because of the proveout), but name-calling like that is just completely uncalled for.

Agreed on all counts. You don't need to be a mathematician to know that offer was less than the board was worth, and you don't need to have much of a heart to know you cannot condone name-calling like that.

In the end, you've just got to praise the Banker, who knew there was little point in making a moderately decent offer for the board when she'd probably only gone on to this point at all because of Noel all but telling her how bad the offer was, so all he needed to do was put it above The Rock and it was job done.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Not much I can add to what has been said. The offer was awful and it's odd that after Noel had worked out (or had it fed to him in his earpiece) the average at 8-box, he didn't point out how relatively bad the offer was at 5-box and then pulled the fake offer trick. There's one thing being a unbiased host but to swing from encouraging a no-deal to perhaps psychologically encouraging a deal is almost as bad.

Also, after what the banker implied on Twitter last night about yesterday's twist being a one-off, seeing the small boxes still in the pound table doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'd be tempted if I were a player to take a leaf out of someone's book and had a nosy inside all the doors from now on.

travis P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:48 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 19/01 Jenna

Simon F wrote:
Also, after what the banker implied on Twitter last night about yesterday's twist being a one-off, seeing the small boxes still in the pound table doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'd be tempted if I were a player to take a leaf out of someone's book and had a nosy inside all the doors from now on.

I see all the six boxes were re-sealed... I suspect you'll find those, a box of tissues and thats it.

The Banker had the cheek to say Double or Nothing was his idea but it wasn't. Some Aussie Banker called Walter P Smyth invented that twist five years ago.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]