Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jules101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:12 pm    Author: Jules101    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

Warnings: 0
Thing is though yes the power 5 came to the table may times but i also had one of them for at least 4 games (i think lol) out of my prev 5 before my game a fix, i don't think so, or if it was i want to know why they didn't chose me when i had a big one in my box and i could have come away with a fortune (though knowing me i would have took out the other 4 in the first round :oops: ).

As for the 100k blunder it didn't happen in studio, im pretty sure i would have noticed ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie
Administrator & Global Moderator

mike wrote:
Yeah that was the error, but apparently that error has lead people to believe the show is fixed. Well at least that's what The Sun are reporting. :roll:

What a stupid thing for The Sun to report - it must've been a slow news day for them. There have been a couple of occasions before when a graphic has slid off the board a bit too soon or something, but they didn't gain the attention of a national "newspaper". That whole article is stupid because the last few lines conclude that it's not a fix... which contradicts what it says in the first few lines. :eyes:

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:09 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

h2005 wrote:
What a stupid thing for The Sun to report.

It's far from the first time they've reported stupid stuff that's related to DOND in some way - only last month they weren't too kind to Jen...

Do they hold a grudge against the show or something, just as the D***y M**l seem to have held a grudge against Countdown ever since Carol left?

Jules101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 am    Author: Jules101    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

RMF1254 wrote:
It's far from the first time they've reported stupid stuff that's related to DOND in some way - only last month they weren't too kind to Jen.

And had to remove the page and apologise to her.

If the sun calls this news then shame on them.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

Well they state that DoND fans are claiming it's fixed (where and who exactly is claiming that :ponder: ), implying that lots of people have stated that, but then go on to say that an "eagle-eyed" viewer spotted the error. So the chances are hardly anyone noticed it anyway and if they did i'm sure most people would understand that it was just an editing error. But obviously this person contacted The Sun with this non-story, yet they still went ahead and published it anyway. Despite being given an explanation to the error.

I didn't actually see the said error, but read about it on the Banker's Twitter as someone asked him about it.

Twitter wrote:
@OfficialBanker Why was it that in yesterdays show the £100,000 graphics disappeared off screen as soon as Julie mentioned Jim's name.......but before Jim opened his box revealing the £100,000.

The Banker replied -

Graphics go on in the edit so just a post production cock up. They spelled my name incorrectly in the credits once too! B x

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:00 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

According to the graphics on the FA Cup Draw on Sunday on ITV, Arsenal will be replaying against Leeds UNTIED - that must also be a sign that the whole draw is fixed - if you use the Sun's logic.

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

I noticed when it went off the screen early but anybody knows that the on-screen graphics we see are done after the episode is filmed and is in post production. If the scum newspaper got their facts right, they would get on better. For anyone who is wondering why i call them that, 4 words: JUSTICE FOR THE 96!

JS Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:09 am    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

I agree that this was probably just a post production c*ck up.
But regarding the idea that the show is "fixed", are there not quite a few of us that think the Banker/production team know what is in all of the boxes and sometimes use this information to "Steer" a show to a good climax? I do.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

JS Boy wrote:
But regarding the idea that the show is "fixed", are there not quite a few of us that think the Banker/production team know what is in all of the boxes and sometimes use this information to "Steer" a show to a good climax? I do.

After 1,500+ episodes, don't you think if it someone other than the Independent Adjudicator knew what was in the boxes, it would have been leaked out to the tabloids by now.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

Simon F wrote:
JS Boy wrote:

After 1,500+ episodes, don't you think if it someone other than the Independent Adjudicator knew what was in the boxes, it would have been leaked out to the tabloids by now.

Not really as it need only be known to 2 or 3 people

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie
International Forums Moderator

The most likely time for any leak will have been after the LTL was scrapped: that'd have surely triggered more thorough checking of the show in general, and certainly interest in TV "fairness" was the highest in many years at that point. Didn't happen then, so very unlikely to happen now...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 07/01 Julie

KP wrote:
The most likely time for any leak will have been after the LTL was scrapped: that'd have surely triggered more thorough checking of the show in general, and certainly interest in TV "fairness" was the highest in many years at that point. Didn't happen then, so very unlikely to happen now...

I don't agree that it would have triggered more thorough checking as these enquiries tend to just focus on what they were set out to do. Technically by knowing what is in the boxes they aren't actually "fixing" the games as I think it is still random how the money is allocated, they are just, on occasions, trying to prod the contestant to a good "tv viewing" result. In the same way, the system for selecting the contestant to play gives an outward appearance of being random but is quite clearly not, even though the contestant does not necassarily know it will be them.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]