Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:24 pm Last visit was: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:24 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Haroon talks about the experience he's had on the show, and says he didn't dream of reaching this far, and he says this is tricky. The banker phones back and Haroon speaks to him. Haroon says he was complimentary.

Haroon says

NO DEAL

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Round 6

3 - Zowie - £20,000

5 - Irene - £10,000

Dale now, and he says he doesn't want to open the box!

17 - Dale - £10

Banker time with £5 and £100,000 remaining

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

The banker says he's failed to buy the box so far. He says he once offered £13,000 on a board like this.

Banker's offer:

£26,400

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Just got to be brave and go for it. Hopefully it's the right choice he makes.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Noel says that's 'the Governor'. Julie says his purpose could be to deal here, and Jim asks how much of a difference the money would make to his life. Dale gives some advice and eventually says he should go on. Noel asks the others, and it's a mixture of no deals and deals. Matty says whatever Haroon does, his parents will still be proud of him, and he should do what he feels right.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Haroon talks about how the number 7 is important in Islam, and that's the number that's remaining. David says £75,000 was won on Christmas Day by swapping for box 7.

Haroon says

DEAL

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Noel says Haroon looks pretty miserable, considering! The banker rings back...

Banker's offer would've been:

SWAP

Haroon says

NO SWAP

Haroon has £100,000 in his box 19

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Box 7 with David contains the £5

Noel says Haroon's father must be very pleased with his winnings, and Haroon says he'll just be happy he got a place on the show!

Profile E-mail  

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Yet again... another player who should have been more brave. Last two players just going to the end then we would have had 3 power five wins in a row.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Well, you thought going to 2-box would've been enough...

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

First game I've watched in a long time. A lot of things have changed. Graphics look nice, and Noel's hair is slightly longer (but not much.)

I don't begrudge the deal. Whenever you're down to 2-box and it's 50-50, it's hard to begrudge any deal so long as it isn't insultingly low. Haroon played a good game, was just unlucky at the end.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

And it's another Banker Victory, I know 2011 has just started but already I can see a desperate struggle for OPW's in the future

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

killersbee wrote:
That's twice Julie has had it now, no doubt she'll be left to the end in the next game

And no doubt, if she does get left to the end, she'll have a low blue.

I think this has been the best game so far this year. Don't seem to know why though.....

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon
International Forums Moderator

£1,400 more than the offer Les turned down with the next blue up, and caused forum shock in the process. And now the first thing people see after this Deal is that he was too cautious? Can I speak for the other 90% of the forum in saying that they do not speak for us?

If anything I thought he pushed it a bit far in the first place on that board, but with the two five-figure backups, and the fact he even had to think about whether or not to take the two-box offer, it was reasonable to go on at five-box. Doubt I'd have done, though.

Three notably different games to start this new era, the only corollary being they all saw Power 5 amounts on the table, which I hope and expect is coincidence...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

For all those superstituous folk, his luck ran out when he refused to honour the 1p kiss ritual and I think the recipient was a bit miffed at that. I know I would have been. :laughing Maybe some of the other regulars off here too :smt023

Played it about right and I think he was brave to soldier on through the teen offers. It was a big gamble to go for the 100k or lose and walk away with nothing. Still as I've said before thats better odds than winning 100k off a scratchcard (billion to one I think!)

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

KP wrote:
£1,400 more than the offer Les turned down with the next blue up, and caused forum shock in the process. And now the first thing people see after this Deal is that he was too cautious? Can I speak for the other 90% of the forum in saying that they do not speak for us?

Are 90% of the forum members sane though? :-D

You didn't see anyone complaining about Maryanne's game when she dealt for less than £3k more, with a decent £5,000 as back up - oh that's why, the £100k wasn't in her box!! :)

Didn't catch this one at all, but can't complain about the gameplay. Over £26k is excellent on that finish considering the blue was a banker's power 5. Just shame he couldn't have left a meaningful back-up!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Mark wrote:
Yet again... another player who should have been more brave. Last two players just going to the end then we would have had 3 power five wins in a row.

It's just as likely that the last 3 players would have gone to the end and had £10k and 2 blues in their box.

Can't blame him for dealing on that 2-box configuaration but I do wish Noel would stop going on about a male £250k winner with 8-10 boxes left because invariably the £250k goes within a couple of boxes of his speech. Also, stop with all this coincidence rubbish - so what if a player has £250k in their box 2 days running. I bet there's times where a player has had a low blue 2 days running that go unnoticed - the fact that the amount is the biggest amount in the game shouldn't make any difference.

Today's show (although with a few tough decisions) seemed to flow nicely with the expanded time slot.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

l really enjoyed Haroon's game.l thought he sailed very close to the wind,it could have gone either way.enjoy the dosh Haroon,you deserve it.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:37 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

norwichdonder wrote:
It was a big gamble to go for the 100k or lose and walk away with nothing.

But you're guaranteed to go home with more than "nothing", unless The Banker pulls out his "All or nothing" Gamble, 5 years on and I don't get why some viewers still can't understand that :|

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Haroon

Yeah, but what'll £5 get ya? A magazine and a packet of crisps maybe? £26,400 is a seriously nice chunk of money.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]