Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
We're back

Round 5 - proveout

Noel says Marilyn has either made a big mistake or a very wise decision.

7 - Claire - £250,000

Noel says he's so pleased for Marilyn, but she now needs to find the £75,000.

17 - newbie Derrick - £3,000

19 - Jenna - £1,000

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

The banker says he thought he'd got Marilyn but he's not so sure now.

Banker's offer would've been:

£5,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

£5k is consistant with the offer pattern she had and probably worth the gamble now too.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Round 6 - proveout

Noel says Marilyn can still beat the banker.

8 - Mia - £500

"OH NO!", says Noel.

18 - Tony - 1p

10 - Sobia - £1

Banker time with £10,000 and £75,000 remaining...

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Banker's offer would've been:

£35,000

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Should have been a lot more brave going to two box and it would have paid off big time.

Oh dear... oh dear.......Big blow for the start of the new year.

Last edited by Mark on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Marilyn has £75,000 in her box 16

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Box 9 with Rina contains the £10,000

Marilyn asks if we can start again! She says she feels lucky to have the £11,500.

cfd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

So absolutely no change then apart from being more drawn out and some different graphics. Bit of a shame.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn
International Forums Moderator

Well at least we've proven someone can Deal with eight on the board still. Though note the very low offers, and the pre-proveout spiel being very much out of the post-11-box-Deal textbook...

Hard to tell if there's a real eight-box Deal stigma, because Marilyn may well have gone at 11-box with better offers. Too early to assert the existence of a permanent 5-box ADP either way.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

cfd wrote:
So absolutely no change then apart from being more drawn out and some different graphics. Bit of a shame.

What did you expect? No need to change the gameplay after 1,500 shows.

The banker read her very quickly and got her out for a fairly low amount today. Would have been interesting to see what a £75k/blue finish would have been (possible a BG).

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Mark Olver now gets a mention in the credits (as Studio Host) for the first time since the show began in 2005. I bet he would be saying "it's about time!".

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

The Banker recognised Marilyn was very cautious early on - so he had no reason to give her good offers as he knew he could offer well below what he normally would and she would consider them. It'll be interesting to see if the offers remain low for someone less cautious than Marilyn.

collydolly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:49 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

cfd wrote:
Seems the same as always. Just some updated graphics. Only difference appears to be it's a bit more drawn out. Hoping for some gameplay changes, but, apart from maybe 1 box at a time at the end, I doubt we'll be seeing any.

Don't miss tomorrow :ponder:

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:59 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

I like the Board changes and the title/music changes. But I don't like the fact that the stickers in the boxes haven't changed to match the board colours just like they did last year. I don't like Noel's longer hairstyle either.

collydolly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:00 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

travis P wrote:
Mark Olver now gets a mention in the credits (as Studio Host) for the first time since the show began in 2005. I bet he would be saying "it's about time!".

Great to see Mark get a mention after all this time :D

There was another change they recorded but they must have decided not to go ahead with it :ponder:

One thing I don't think they will mind me telling you about was when Noel came on to the set he was saying his "whizzy" earpiece was hissing and asking the sound people if they could help :ponder:

While this was going on Mark said to us to hiss when Noel said "that's better" when we did Noel thought it was very funny :D

The show now is more like the one we see recorded with a lot less cut out :D

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:25 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Only Northern_guy noticed Noels new hairdo? His perm was almost as good as Marilyns :smt047

The first offer was a joke - considering we've seen much higher with that sort of board, but the second one should have been edging 10k as the joke was wearing a bit thin. As KP said, she may have gone out at this stage if it had been more realistic. She didn't say anything to be pessimistic, but in reality, as an older player its not like she needed a 'life changing sum' especially if she just wanted a trip to oz.

Her third offer of 6k was was about right considering she had just knocked out the 100k and the banker still had three of his power five in play. This is the turning point in her game and I think she just about broke even in terms of damage limitation with the £750 and 10p.

I think the offer should have edged up slightly to 8k, so the offer of 11.5k is certainly dealable. I think she might go as she had a target of what she wanted to acheive. Now she's dealt, we still have about 10 mins realtime of gameplay. Lets see how this pans out:) Maybe a bankers gamble later on? :unsure

She reveals the 250k and her decision is apparently vindicated. But after the rest of the proveout it ends up with the 10k vs 75k. I thought the 35k offer was about right and she would have dealt im sure.

With this new version of the show we are getting a lot more opinions from the wings and family members. We obviously didn't have this level of interaction in the old shows. Would be interesting to see how many extra minutes of the show there actually are when you deduct the ad breaks. Perhaps someone can stopwatch one of the old shows :) I'm guessing about 8 mins.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

norwichdonder wrote:
Would be interesting to see how many extra minutes of the show there actually are when you deduct the ad breaks. Perhaps someone can stopwatch one of the old shows :) I'm guessing about 8 mins.

4OD shows today's episode as lasting 48 minutes (exc. adverts), whereas the old 45-minutes are down as 36 minutes (exc. adverts). So there's actually 12 minutes extra in the final edit!

maggieq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

:balls mmmm.lots of thoughts here today.l thought Marilyns game was fairly uneventful.seemed to drag on somewhat.
l enjoyed the new format,liked the extra chat with everyone.
l noticed Noels hair straight away plus the sun tans everyone had lol!l hope we get something extra ie bankers gamble or some kind of twist to add on.l think some folk will switch channels due to the add breaks.we shall see!
:box: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:05 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 02/01 Marilyn

Apart from the graphical overhaul and an extended show there wasn't too much different than usual today (which is fine). The show did seem to get dragged out a bit though, especially the offer which Marilyn eventually dealt.

However i'm a fan of all the banter and extra stuff that goes on and so i'll be happy to see more of that in the future.

The new title sequence is very different from the old one (not sure if I like the new one more or not) and the new board & on-screen graphics are nice. Though, as mentioned, it would have been nice to see new box inserts to match the new look of the graphics.

It will be interesting to see what other little changes and tweaks they've made in the upcoming weeks.

Here's a few of the new on-screen graphics. Which i've put in a spoiler box so as not to make the post too big.

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]