Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:21 am Last visit was: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:21 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:57 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Day Show Commentary

Warnings: 0
Big-Davey wrote:
He was asked the question again, not the swap...when he said No Deal, the swap was agreed with the question being put to him again :)

Okay you are right. Maybe the drink is going to my head. It was just a very confusing way of playing it out.

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:01 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Day Show Commentary

norwichdonder wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:
He was asked the question again, not the swap...when he said No Deal, the swap was agreed with the question being put to him again :)

Okay you are right. Maybe the drink is going to my head. It was just a very confusing way of playing it out.

As I said, it rarely happens even more rare than Banker's Gamble being offered. About an handful of time has has offered the same question on more than one occasion.

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Christmas Day Show Commentary

Congratulations Ant on winning £75k, and credit to the banker for realising that two hypo-swaps on consecutive days would be more than a little rubbish.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Well, that game had more twists than a Curly Wurly!

But an OPW it is, nonetheless :D

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Best Christmas game I've seen!

Enjoy £75K, Ant!

Jules101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:25 pm    Author: Jules101    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

When we recorded this game i told everyone it would be the one not to miss, they edited a lot yes but still left us with a bloody great show. Well done Ant xxxxx

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

A cynical person watching for the first time today may have thought the banker knew the £75k was in box 7 and wanted a feel good ending for today's show. Of course, we know that isn't true and although a £75k win is great, it was a bit too contrived for my liking. Just offer the swap before he dealt initially and I would have been a lot happier.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials
International Forums Moderator

Definitely too contrived for my liking. I still wouldn't be 100% sure Simon's conspiracy theory is wrong, and that's what happens when you squander goodwill with the odd fishy game every now and then, Sequencegate, the LTL, hundreds of games with leading statements from the host...

...and we're all meant to go "hey, it was a great win"? Forgive me for staying out of this. Though the 2-box offer was well-judged (Thanh got 20k on the same finish and I thought that was marginal).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:33 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Was asleep after my Xmas dinner through this, of all things, thought I'd come on here to get a taste of what went on before watching on $OD, and yes it did look a little bit suspicious, but who's to say he'd definitely have kept Box 7 to the end, before he said he was going to quite late on? If he'd eliminated it he'd have had an all-blue last pair then a big win couldn;t possibly have been "engineered"!!

It did have the feeling of Don's game in June 2008 where some people thought that was a fix, but if he'd saved any other box on the wings from 5-box, he'd have ended up with a £10k/blue final pair, so engineering a £20k+ win out of that would have been quite difficult. :)

So yeah, not really sure, but thank god someone's won something large for once!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:15 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks to Big-Davey and unclekevo for stepping in and doing the commentary today. :D

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

One thing you can say about Christmas Day shows is they tend not to be average games. We've had a low selling of a £50k box, Wrighty's OPW, the 2008 £50k Christmas Stars OPW, the 2 1p wins and now this.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Wow... Ok, so I knew he would win 75k, but I didn't think he'd swap and the other box would be just £750! However, I didn't think it was the greatest of offers, and too much was made of the swap business which made it look a bit suspicious, but overall that was a Christmas Cracker! :D

Hope everyone's had a great day, I've had a lot of fun!

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:25 am    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Overnight ratings

15:50 - Deal or No Deal: Scrooge or Santa: 1.3m ( 7.6%)
08:45 - The Muppers Christmas Special: 1.3m (13.5%)
10:30 - The Simpsons: 1.0m ( 8.9%)

Deal or No Deal was third in their timeslot yesterday, beating BBC Two and Channel Five.

This time last year (including recordings)
15:10 - Deal or No Deal: Scrooge or Santa 1.41m

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

That's still pretty impressive!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:57 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Yeah, thanks to Davey for continuing on when my internet disconnected itself for a few seconds.

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:45 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/12 Ant - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Thought that was a great game, I don;t care if it felt a little contrived in places, Ant followed his heart and got a tasty sum. What better way of celebrating Christmas Day?

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]