Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:04 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

Warnings: 0
Put it this way. If she had left any of the other 6 boxes from 8-box till last along with the £35k apart from the QM, then it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad. There's no chance she would have turned down £44k anyway.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

Like I said before, £44,000 would've got her out of the chair...

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

I don't know what's come over me lately but I loathe these "pathetic early dealers" posts with a passion. I don't like it when the criticism's the other way too though (such as Corinne). It's just that's a lot rarer!! :)

Even Glenn's deal which I was disappointed with myself I could sort of undersatnd as I'd be totally gutted if I went away with £1,000 having turned down £44,000, even if that happening was very unlikely it was still possible!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:32 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

KP wrote:
A very difficult board to read, and no complaints at £22k being taken. I'd have got to £44k I think, but not so sure I'm risking a Power 5 amount at five-box. The decision was more than amply punished by the proveout, even for those who thought it wrong.

Yes, it was indeed a tricky 8-box decision - at the time I was thinking I may have accepted the 'governor' (£26,000) there. A quick look at the calculator gives around £20k as the 'threshold' or benchmark figure, anything significantly below that could have grounds for being described as a bad decision, which of course excludes the one Danielle made at £22k. Interestingly, it gives an estimate of £34k at 5-box - I think £35k would have been perfectly pitched there. Having said that, £44k is believable at least. Pretty cruel proveout, that decision was all about the utility drop to the oranges and if you could deal with that.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

Unlucky.

I liked Danielle on the wings, though i do think she came across as nervous and edgy tonight. Still a sensible, prudent deal that backfired in the proveout - as has been noted if she had only managed to hit the £250k in proveout then it would have been a considerably less bitter pill to swallow

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:20 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

James1978 wrote:
I don't know what's come over me lately but I loathe these "pathetic early dealers" posts with a passion. I don't like it when the criticism's the other way too though (such as Corinne). It's just that's a lot rarer!! :)

Even Glenn's deal which I was disappointed with myself I could sort of undersatnd as I'd be totally gutted if I went away with £1,000 having turned down £44,000, even if that happening was very unlikely it was still possible!

Totally agree. Can't stand these glory hunters who shoot people down for making sensible deals then just so happen to have a larger amount in the box. It's not as if they knew it was in there! Some deals may be more cautious than others, but most do have at least some sound thinking behind them.

Blue wins may be the most painful games to watch but undersold reds tend to make the most painful commentaries!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:46 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/12 Danielle

Well, not everyone on here is going to be cautionists, we do have gamblers and the occasional stats-person judging the game.

And of course, a game like this is what blue winners would've loved to have had...

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]