Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:31 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

Warnings: 0
Statistics for 4 box continuation to 2 box.

33% chance of significantly higher offer
33% chance of stick or marginally lower offer
33% chance of significantly lower offer

I'd have turned down £21,000 with a 3 box offer in mind, however in the proveout no such offer was made. Adding the 3 box proveout offer wouldn't have made any difference to the proveout so we still have a satisfying technical draw, and at least the player asked for the offer this time

This isn't necessarily a good thing though :? Surely everyone is going to ask for a 4 box offer after turning down the 5 box offer? I can't see why anyone would actually want to open 3 boxes from the round of 5 to the round of 2.. they may as well just implement a permanent rule for it now. The sixth round will never be the same anymore :(

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:07 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

I think if people keep asking for the 4-box offer with no reason, the banker isn't going to give it.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

Very similar to Friday for sure!

As for the 4-box saga currently unfolding, it's certainly going to be used far more if it keeps ending up going against the player technically.

Let's hope it doesn't end up being used TOO much.

So one more normal week before Santa vs Scrooge...let's see what happens!!!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

This week's Santa vs. Scrooge must be better than last year, just look at the year before, big wins were happening non-stop

I want to see huge momentum going into that week

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:39 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

Big-Davey wrote:
Very similar to Friday for sure!

As for the 4-box saga currently unfolding, it's certainly going to be used far more if it keeps ending up going against the player technically.

Let's hope it doesn't end up being used TOO much.

So one more normal week before Santa vs Scrooge...let's see what happens!!!

Isn't Santa v Scrooge starting on Xmas Day this year?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

Ah, the lovely Annie - I've been looking forward to this game. :D

Think a bit like Claire Annie ended up shooting herself in the foot, so desperate was she for the 4 box offer she offered something in return which she ultimately couldn't part with and talked herself into a deal over that. Personally i suspect that, based on past form, the Banker would have ultimately 'returned' the photo to her at the end of the game anyway so she worked herself up over nothing. Of course that's easy to say from an outside perspective.

Personally I have no problem with the Banker throwing in the occassional random offer outside the set points in the game, - be it at the players request or off his own back - it adds to the unpredictability of the show, but i do agree that like the Banker's Gamble and the swap it shouldn't be overused

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Annie

I got the dates mixed up Greeny - indeed it is starting a week later this year...and yes beginning on the Saturday (Christmas Day!)...in that case two more weeks to go!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]