Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

andsaunders

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:02 pm    Author: andsaunders    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

Warnings: 0
Great system! Injected a lot of fun into the game! Is this the first time a player told the banker what was in the book while the game was still being played? I am pleased Claire got her £20 grand although I do agree with the banker! She does not need any cosmetic surgery! I wish Claire all the best in the future especially with her health!

God bless!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

A good OPW but if I have to be critical, tactically she could have got more. Not much point losing the advantage of giving the banker your target (although £20k is a very common one), if you are going to open 1-box at a time and then no deal the first 2.

It proved it when the banker managed to reduce a potential old faithful offer if she'd have found the 10p or 50p by £6k because she took out £10 instead, which statistically is absurd.

maggieq

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

:snow2: loved Claires game.so glad she got what she wanted out of the game.hope she has continued good health.enjoy the dosh babe you are amazing.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

Noel loves a system he can actively participate in doesn't he? That was a bit like the 'road map' system a player (sorry i'm hopeless with names) introduced a few weeks back, Claire explained her system and Noel seemed to take over picking the boxes :lol:

It was an entertaining game though the Banker pulled a fast one at 8 box, it seemed obvious to me that he wasn't going to offer Claire her target until 5 box (if then) , he just wanted to see if he could get her out cheeper, what's the betting if those fisrt 2 boxes had been blue her 6 box offer would have been just shy of £20k?

Great to see an OPW anyway.

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

Simon F wrote:
A good OPW but if I have to be critical, tactically she could have got more. Not much point losing the advantage of giving the banker your target (although £20k is a very common one), if you are going to open 1-box at a time and then no deal the first 2.

It proved it when the banker managed to reduce a potential old faithful offer if she'd have found the 10p or 50p by £6k because she took out £10 instead, which statistically is absurd.

I agree - I would have tried blagging the £26k offer from the banker, seeing as it makes no difference to me whatsoever if I win 50p or £1. The banker is labelling the tiny psychological differences between two as £6,000! It's a shame she revealed her target as I think 26k would have been the standard for any other player with that 5 box situation.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

That's why though; it's a cardinal sin to reveal your personal target...every time he finds out, he gets VERY stingy with offers...but at the end of the day he's simply trying to buy the box for as little as possible remember

But yes, I also agree; this was a great game and a much needed OPW!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:58 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

Big-Davey wrote:
but at the end of the day he's simply trying to buy the box for as little as possible remember

That's what they'd like us to think, while I'm starting to agree that the banker knows whats in the boxes, I do definately think that he fabricates offers not to benefit his own personal profit, but to create good/bad games based on giving contestants easier/harder decisions.

There are probably hundreds of games that support this theory, one being lauras.. why on earth would the banker offer Laura £45,000 when she could possibly have £250,000 in her box? Coincidentally why would he offer Colleen £88,000 on a worse final 2? Colleen had the 1p on the table and Laura had the £250,000... The 'banker' (part of the production obviously) wanted Colleen to deal and avoid the 1p, wheras he wanted Laura to gamble and win £250,000, all for the sake of better TV, NOT profit!

Tall Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 pm    Author: Tall Paul    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

thundercat wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:
but at the end of the day he's simply trying to buy the box for as little as possible remember

There are probably hundreds of games that support this theory, one being lauras.. why on earth would the banker offer Laura £45,000 when she could possibly have £250,000 in her box? Coincidentally why would he offer Colleen £88,000 on a worse final 2? Colleen had the 1p on the table and Laura had the £250,000... The 'banker' (part of the production obviously) wanted Colleen to deal and avoid the 1p, wheras he wanted Laura to gamble and win £250,000, all for the sake of better TV, NOT profit!

Corrine, you have made a spelling mistake mate. :-D

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:53 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

Whatever, you knew who I meant so i'm sure others will haha

Tall Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:42 pm    Author: Tall Paul    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Claire

thundercat wrote:
Whatever, you knew who I meant so i'm sure others will haha

Yup mate, surely it will be the case :!:

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]