Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm Last visit was: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Stevo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:59 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

Warnings: 0
Somewhat of a recovery at the end there...she seemed happy enough wth £9,999.

Was hopeful of a big game especially with that start, but well done for bringing it back !!!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:26 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

That was one of the cruelest games i can remember. It was all going so well those first two or three rounds it looked like Kirsty could do no wrong, but once it started to go wrong it just collapsed. That was heartbreaking.

Kirsty is such a beautiful, bubbly young woman I really wanted her to do well, Still at least she got a decent sum and a holiday out of it. And she didn't seem that devastated.

By the way, quick question about the year two montage - when the hell did they do naked Deal or No Deal ?????????

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:46 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

That was the production team during Di's game in March 2007, because she was a nudist or something.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

Yay, VENTRESS in the montage!!!!! :D :D :D

Didn't really concentrate on the game after that, what happened? ;-)

Only joking, what a gorgeous and lovely girl to boot, unlike Elli who I thought was a bit of a chav!

That game went from wonderful to terrible, and ended up middling, how odd. If the bonus box contains a biggie then you're really struggling, thank god she recovered!

And my "most gorgeous" 22 linme-up is now going to be updated!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty
International Forums Moderator

A truly curious game, that; all the damage concentrated in the middle rounds. And it really was all the damage, the entire Power 5 went between 12- and 6-box! Amusing that the other one in that six-box streak was the 1p, too!

Still, that's why it's better to take out blues than low reds early doors most of the time - so that you have something to fall back upon should you crash!! Brilliant final offer too, creating a decision out of an entirely anti-climactic finish.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:26 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

Now this is a game I would definitely call "truly amazing", unlike yesterday's...

Starting with seven blues on the trot, but ultimately never getting above £20k - and going on to take out the £250k, £75k and then the £100k in the "VIP" box...

:shock: :evil: :( :shock: :evil: :( :shock: :evil: :(

There may have been one or two games that were slightly similar to this one, but I certainly can't recall one that was very similar.

Kirsty seemed to take it all pretty well, though - and the end result was still a decent one. TBH, I wasn't too surprised when the Banker offered the holiday along with the £9,999, given the outcome of the twist...

Profile E-mail  

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:33 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

And I got to admit, I can't quite believe how much Laura has changed since her moment of glory - although that was nearly four years ago now... :shock: :shock:

Profile E-mail  

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

Well done to Kirsty on her £9,999, shame it wasn't any more considering how strong a start it was, but still not bad :-)

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

Sounds a fascinating game. Shame I can't watch 4OD in Spain where I am for the weekend.

With the holiday being part of the 2-box offer, I think this will have to be classed an TPW though (although you are probably looking at £2K max for the holiday if it's a 5 star resort)

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:01 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

RMF1254 wrote:
And I got to admit, I can't quite believe how much Laura has changed since her moment of glory - although that was nearly four years ago now... :shock: :shock:

yes indeed but isn't that what happens naturally to a lady after having kids unless your a hollywood celeb. 40d @4m36.

Noel on the other hand doesn't looked to have aged a day since show 1!

Profile E-mail  

Phil 09

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:41 am    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

I don't think Noel has aged much since the days when he used to be the host of Telly Addicts. :shock:

But as for the 5th Birthday Week games. I think they have been pretty good so far. Aimee, John, Elli and Kirstie have all gone away with pretty reasonable amounts, even though John could have had £50,000 had he gone that extra mile. I hope whoever plays later on today (Mary I would think) will continue on in the same vein.

Just one thing though...

Noel, your jacket is a bit... Bright! 8) I'm just worried that our 37" rear projection TV will burn out before this Birthday Week is done with. :-D

Phil.

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

We seem to have had a lot of games this year that start really well, build up hopes then suddenly go rapidly downhill. Still, better a modest win like today's than a blue one.

Kirsty did well to strike the balance between admitting she had a worrying board and not visibly taking it badly.

As others have said, it was an interesting final offer and probably a relief to the producers that she took it - we were on course to no holidays being won at all this week, doubt Icelolly would have been too pleased about that!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:12 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

Just caught up with this game...

I have to say Kirsty is one of the most stunning contestants to have step foot in the dream factory for sure. Loved her accent as well.

Now that's what I call a rollercoaster of a game! Fabulous start taking 7 blues out in a row, crappy middle taking out the three biggest amounts one after the other, then a great recovery at the end with a guaranteed £5,000 at 2-box! Dealing £9,999 plus a holiday, and then only having £5,000 in your box anyway, great result!

Spooky how box 6 came to the table as well, the same box Laura had - surprised no one mentioned it, unless it was edited out.

Oh and loved the year 2 montage! Reminded me of games I had long forgotten about!

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Tall Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 pm    Author: Tall Paul    Post subject: Re: 25/11 Kirsty

"The Banker" wrote:
Just caught up with this game...

I have to say Kirsty is one of the most stunning contestants to have step foot in the dream factory for sure. Loved her accent as well.

Now that's what I call a rollercoaster of a game! Fabulous start taking 7 blues out in a row, crappy middle taking out the three biggest amounts one after the other, then a great recovery at the end with a guaranteed £5,000 at 2-box! Dealing £9,999 plus a holiday, and then only having £5,000 in your box anyway, great result!

Spooky how box 6 came to the table as well, the same box Laura had - surprised no one mentioned it, unless it was edited out.

Oh and loved the year 2 montage! Reminded me of games I had long forgotten about!

She is a total beauty inside and out. Deserved to win totally. :-D

Profile E-mail  
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]