Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:02 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
No Deal wrote:
nik wrote:
:oops: ...... :lol:

That's about right! :P Nice one!

Love the signature, Nik! :-D :-D :-D

Your hangover gone yet?! :P

Long gone matey. I hardly remember righting any of that on Saturday....but it was all true. :lol:

Anna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:49 pm    Author: Anna    Post subject:

Hello it's Anna here.

Thank you for all your kind words - you guys really are very sweet.

I am very pleased with the amount I won. As I said on the show I can't complain about £43k, even if I did have the top prize in my box.

I have been reading the forum for a while (as many other contestants do I'm sure) but haven't wanted to open myself up to direct contact (I've noticed some people can be quite harsh on some other forums). Everyone on this forum is very nice though so I am happy to post here in response to your loveliness.

Lots of love, Anna. X

No Deal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:56 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Anna wrote:
Hello it's Anna here.

I am very pleased with the amount I won. As I said on the show I can't complain about £43k, even if I did have the top prize in my box.

I have been reading the forum for a while (as many other contestants do I'm sure) but haven't wanted to open myself up to direct contact (I've noticed some people can be quite harsh on some other forums). Everyone on this forum is very nice though so I am happy to post here in response to your loveliness.

Lots of love, Anna. X

Hello Anna! :D :D :D

It's wonderful to see you on here! Welcome aboard! You've got some fans on here, I can tell you! :-D

Let me be the first on here to congratulate you on your win on the show; you did brilliantly and you were an excellent contestant! DoND's not the same without you!

How are you settling back into life now you're off the show?

:D

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:01 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Hey Anna! :-)

Well done for winning a large amount of money, it should come in handy. Great show as well, I was on the edge of my seat all the way through.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:15 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Anna wrote:
Hello it's Anna here.

Lots of love, Anna. X

Hi Anna

It's great that you've popped in to say hi, as you can see you are a very popular contestant with our members and it's great that you've joined us. We have unfortunately like some other sites had our share of some unsavoury guests in the past, but we've soon dealt with them in the only way they deserve. :wink:

Yours was a fantastic game and a great result, shame that you didn't get the £250,000, but it was a difficult board to continue with as knocking out the £250,000 would have dropped the following bankers offer enormously. I think most people agreed on your decision to deal, very well done :D

Once again great to hear from you and hope you stick around as I'm sure there are many here who would love to hear about your experiance on the show.

swasnut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:22 pm    Author: swasnut    Post subject:

Anna wrote:
Hello it's Anna here.

hi Anna, you're a legend!
I pretty much agree with everything that has been said cos I'm a nice guy like that. They nicked my opinions anyway. I'm just too slow at posting.
all the best,
Adam.

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Hi Anna,

I was gutted that your show was the first one I've missed in ages. But congratulations on your win - no-one can blame you for taking the £43,000, its a huge amount of money. Hope you enjoy it!

Well done again, you were a great contestant - what was it like standing next to Russell? - he was also one of my favourite players, he seemed like a real character.

Thats the great thing about the programme -you get to know all the players as they are all on for a while before their own show - it certainly makes it more personal which is great (but its more painful when the Banker wins!).

All the best, Maltus x

greggraham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:52 am    Author: greggraham    Post subject:

was it just me or did you feel from the beggining that the 250k would be there.

1) they KEPT saying "its the 100th show"
2) it was a saturday.

it seemed obvious to me but there we go!

Anna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 pm    Author: Anna    Post subject:

Hi guys,

Thank you for your kind words of congratulations - they are very much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. It is very reassuring to hear that other people would have dealed at £43,000.

In response to your questions I have settled back into real life all too quickly! Back to finishing my PhD. :( I know that a lot of the other contestants get recognised but I haven't been recognised at all, other than by a few students I have taught.

I enjoyed standing next to Russell. They edit the shows a lot but when The Banker makes the player an offer the contestants often discuss it under their breath. Russell would sometimes come out with no deal when it was obviously the completely wrong decision so when he was picked to play the last thing I said to him was "don't do anything stupid Russell". When he got in the seat I think he knew exactly what he was doing but he wasn't going to let The Banker know that!

To be honest it didn't even cross my mind that I might have the £250,000 in my box until we got down to the last two boxes. I had never had the big one before so although chance has no memory I thought and said I bet I've got it and I did. Some people view the game as being about having a big value in your box, but I always viewed the game as being about just not finding the big values. I am very happy with my decision though. It was too risky to go on. In my view in order to win big the game is also about showing courage up to a point and then getting out of there. And that's what I did.

My friend Aaron (Bushy) starts on screen tomorrow. Hello Aaron! He arrived a few days after I filmed my show. Any earlier and we would have been there at the same time. My friend's mam also used to teach Germaine. DoND is full of coincidences - like £250,000 being in my box on the 100th show. I wouldn't read anything into that. A game of numbers based on luck with so many episodes is always going to show up things like that.

Lots of love, Anna. XX

No Deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Hello again, Anna! :D

I'm glad to hear you've settled back into life ok and that everything's going well. I imagine not being recognised is quite a blessing? I'd hate it- though I am rather shy like that! :oops:

I thought standing next to Russell would be good! He seemed quite a character and loads of fun! :-D

Yes- Bushy starts on the show tomorrow; I'm looking forward to that too!

Once again, it's nice to see you on the forums, Anna!

All the best,

Steve.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:57 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

No Deal wrote:
All the best,

Steve.

Ooh I didn't you were a Steve too :-)

Oh, and hi Anna, this post makes me look really ignorant :oops:

No Deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:03 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
Ooh I didn't you were a Steve too

It's the first time I've revealed it on here; I REALLY should get round to introducing myself properly! :-D The 'Introduce Yourself' section wasn't around when I first joined all that time ago!

Hmmmmmmm- if I'm not careful I'll be lapsing into one of those 'eeee, it wor grand when I worra lad' rambles!

:-D

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:00 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Cool Anna's back. I've been away for the past couple of days, and it's nice to return to this thread once more. :-D

Welcome back Anna, good luck with your PhD. My brother did/got one from Swansea uni, and it's a hell of a lot of work.

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]