Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Damian's fiancee tells his she is behind him all the way and to do what he wants. Glenn thinks it is a good offer, but he is going to have to go all the way if he wants to get near the figure they talked about at the bar the other evening.

Damian says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

Round 6

22 - 50p Claire

21 - £20,000 Glenn

14 - £15,000 Olympia

Banker time with £5 and £500 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

It's all over says Noel, that is really cruel.

Banker's offer:

£199
+ an atlas

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

Damian says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

Noel opens Damian's box 9 and reveals £5

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

Box 6 with Adam contains the £500

Damian says he has loved every minute of being on the show.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

I wouldn't have needed the Atlas, I'm too smart for that :P

What a horrid game by 5-box...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

What an entertaining system - shame it didn't work out.

And well done to the graphics department for that high-tech visual aid they whipped up during the break. :smt023

Result notwithstanding that was quite an enjoyable game.

And i knew as soon as Damien mentioned his system that Aimee was going to get some stick :-D

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian
International Forums Moderator

Round 3 was Noel's Scouse Party, wasn't it? :D

The system ensured an unavoidable trainwreck still had entertainment value, but ultimately I couldn't help but be reminded that in mixed martial arts, a 'north/south' position typically leads to an attempted choke, and Damian certainly got choked here.

Why couldn't this Damian have swapped games with the reckless nutter from an Easter week past? This one would've got a decent result from the other one's game, I'm sure!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

A fun game banter-wise which glossed over a trainwreck where the first offer was the peak. I'm amazed none of the production crew nipped out to the car park and dug out an AA roap map though.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian
International Forums Moderator

Is this the first Deal for a comedy prize or cash+prize offer on an all-blue finish? I know we've had a few rejected, like one player who got an offer of fish and chips for 2 on his all-blue finish...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:44 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

KP wrote:
Is this the first Deal for a comedy prize or cash+prize offer on an all-blue finish? I know we've had a few rejected, like one player who got an offer of fish and chips for 2 on his all-blue finish...

I think Nathan (Feb 07) dealt £500 + dinner for two (or something like that), but he did have 1k left so that doesn't count, Kirsty (May 07) didn't get to keep a plaque previously offering saying, "I must not make a fool of myself on National Television", when in the event she did in collapsing from £26,062 (same backwards as forwards... :ponder: ) to just £100.

Anyway, I digress. That was one of the more inspired systems over the years and a great way to involve everyone in the game. I suspect the graphic was done post-production as we only saw it in close up. It was a shame the offers pretty much the way of the system, from north to south, but he definitely put a unique stamp on his game, right down to the £199 deal!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:05 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Damian

To be honest< I thought that was one of the best systems I'd ever seen, and it stopped him from dithering over certain numbers if they mean anything of significance, or whether to leave or play them at a crucial moment and all that sort of thing, but sadly the boxes just worked against him. There was no opportunity to take a non-comedy deal either, unless someone nervous could have took the £3k at 5-box I suppose.

Even reversing the system (going South to North) wouldn't have been much good either becuase it was the middle stages that caused all the destruction (he'd have hit the £250k just before 8-box, left an isolated £75k which he'd have hit between 5-box and 2-box) - so unless the banker was going to be generous, and he wasn't going this way, then it would have been a trainwreck with that too.

Shame becuase I liked him, and taking a deal like that means he took it in good humour too. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]