Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6

Mary now, and Noel gives a dramatic build up to the box opening, and Mary puts on a pair of silly glasses. :smt046

9 - Mary - 10p

14 - Bill - £1,000

17 - Bonita - £10

Banker time with £5,000 and £100,000 remaining

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Well hopefully someone will remind her what she had for the last two games.

With a guaranteed £5k, worth a gamble.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

The banker implies Maryanne has earned this offer.

Banker's offer:

£29,000

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Maryanne says she's feeling lucky today and she really wants to go for it.

Maryanne says

DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Oh gosh...suddenly were onto something big...oh, she takes it

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Maryanne says she really wanted to go for it. Noel says he has a feeling she should've gone for it.

Maryanne has £5,000 in her box 4

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

And it's an OPW, good way to start the week :)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Box 8 with John contains the £100,000

Noel says that's a banker spanking.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:56 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

I'm impressed actually - she seemed the type who might deal early, the offers weren't quite up to scratch.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne
International Forums Moderator

A normal week before the madness resumes. And it's Maryanne to play, so I'll dig out Regina Spektor while writing this recap. (Regina has referred to a character called Mary Ann in several of her songs. I recommend her, if you can deal with truly surreal lyrics. And some very limited swearing.)

How many times do players actually have a Power 5 before their game? Yet another today.

That's a decent start: three of the five lowest reds, with two blues. Promising. Offer reflects it, not exceptional but really quite good. All-blue! Will the offer reflect that? No. And not only that, but the banker "says it'd be embarrassing for Maryanne if she let a big amount slip through her fingers". The fight is on! (Music switches to "Two Tribes" in the KP StatCentre.)

The first Power 5 amount goes, but even that is £35,000, and she's only gone and followed it with the penny! Super board, and anything below twenty grand is the sign of a banker who is more concerned with getting the game to the ADP than of the contestant taking him for a big payout. OK, even I expected nineteen grand there. He really isn't expecting her to take any risks, is he?

OK, she's got a house in mind, she can chase the top prizes given the chance. She might not get it now, it's a two-box game all of a sudden. With that said, said two boxes are the six-figure amounts, and I'd still want about half as much again as she turned down last time. He could have thrown up a surprise increase and actually validated the preceding stinginess tactically there, but no, he goes down, with Noel's Goading Courage Speech #694 still ringing in Maryanne's ears.

And it sounds ever more hollow now. A hilarious twist follows; it starts as a sensible "make sure you make your own decision" spin, then gets nasty with the decreasing offer twist. Not that it matters, she turns down the original offer anyway. That twist was almost goading her into making a snap decision, and most of the time, the initial impulse is "I want to play on". There was a very good case for taking that, and I think anyone who could even give the first four the time of day should have gone there.

But she doesn't, and goodness it works out! The £5k kicker here is really interesting; how different is this from a blue/£100k or £10k/£100k finish? £29k would be an easy No Deal for most on the latter, and an easy Deal for most on the former. And now I'm thinking whether I'd be reassured enough with £5k to take on this one. Just. Only just. £3k/£100k, and £29k is enough. Absolutely no argument with the Deal; the heart said to take the chance, but the head won out.

"Noel says he has a feeling she should've gone for it." £5,000 in the box. Music changes to Cee-Lo Green.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

I realy enjoyed that, like the Banker i was expecting Maryanne to crumble and take the £6k at 5 box but she surprised both of us and what a brilliant time to get the perfect round :D

Don't blame her at all for taking that final offer, she earned it. And it was an OPW, i don't think many can complain about that.

DOND Addict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:17 pm    Author: DOND Addict    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Is Eastenders' Roxy trying to make up some of her lost millions on Deal or No Deal? lol

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Have to admit I did enjoy that game today and very good start to the new week

At one point I thought MaryAnne would going to no deal the £29,000 and how much was that a kick in the jacobs for the Banker as he confidently predicted she was going to crumble :D

Well done MaryAnne and enjoy the £29,000

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Thought she deserved a better offer at two box given that the banker said she had earned it. 5k was a nice fall back and I've seen him offer nearly as much for a blue and 75k although sometimes thats post deal, but not always. Anyway, good job she wasnt tempted and the counter argument is that the banker could have bought the 100k for just 29k.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Best game in a good while, that one, well played!! (Though personayll I'd have gone for the £100k with a meaningful sum as back-up, how silly! :) )

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

KP wrote:
He really isn't expecting her to take any risks, is he?

I couldn't believe it when he went up by just £3,750 after that all-blue round, and by only £1,750 three boxes later.

Good thing it ultimately backfired on him, like Ferrari's decision to pit Alonso...

Well done on spanking him Maryanne, and enjoy that £29k.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Great start to the week. Thought the 2-box offer could have been the other side of £30k but £29k will do nicely.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

Enjoyable game to start off the week, I too thought she was going to deal earlier than she did, and in the event it was a borderline decision, but it's a gamble I would've just taken on, very much of KP's viewpoint there. But no arguments with the deal, £29k is very decent! :D

In other news, look out for a "STAT OF THE DAY" section i'm thinking of trialling soon, where I relate the day's game to a stat from the show's archive in a hopefully interesting way...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Maryanne

I shudder when I think of the absolute slating she'd have got from certain people if the £100k had been in her box...

Overall though, another satisfyingly feelgood game. Enjoy the money Maryanne.

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]