Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 02/12 Adam
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Guest commentary from me and Big-Davey for this one, as our regular commentators are in the wrong place due to snow.

Adam's game today.

Noel enthusiastically greets both wings and the Pilgrims, and says that after yesterday's game we are in fine spirits, as she came with a new system, and that she proved that you can negotiate with the Banker... he encourages today's player to do just that...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:13 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 2/12
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'm currently in my uni library, waiting to catch a train later this evening (weather permitting!). I have internet here - but no TV!

Thanks again for stepping in, KP. :D

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:15 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Had the £250k yesterday. Hopefully second Banker Spanking in a row.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 2/12 Adam

Adam has box 11. Noel jokes that his box has had a baby after he stood between two pregnant women on the wings! It's a miniature box provided by his child, with 'Good luck Daddy!' in amusingly childish WordArt... there's also a paper flower she made at nursery school...

His girlfriend, Jennifer, is in the audience, apparently looking terrified; it'll be interesting to see how she influences the game.

He's a part-time window-cleaner, but also a part-time student - he was wondering about where his life was going, and is now studying towards eventually gaining a degree. He has two and a half years left, and confirms upon Noel asking that he does have debt associated with his studies.

Here we go...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

This game would be really ironic to today's commentary if it goes the way of what the stats people would do :P

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Round 1

6 - £5,000 - Phyli

9 - £500 - Ashley

13 - £5 - John

12 - £1 - Detrix

5 - £1,000 - Danielle

Banter about surnames after yesterday, and jokes the players next to Adam weren't pregnant when they arrived!

Banker time

Banker's offer:

£11,000

Adam calls it cracking, but adds "we're not here to go at the first offer"

Adam says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Round 2

20 - Toyin - £75,000

Banter about Alexandra's outfit, with an Essex joke!

3 - Alexandra - 50p

Break now.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam
Administrator & Global Moderator

I stole the box numbers from the DigitalSpy thread and popped them in the commentary. ;)

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Cheers. Things should be fixed now. We're back under way now with Act II.

Noel will mention Adam's 'big dreams' after this box confirms if they've been shattered...

14 - £100 - AJ

Banker time

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

First hit of the game

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

He wants to go on a driving tour of the US with the family once he graduates. His car is apparently useless. His girlfriend has apparently been involved in several car crashes.

The Banker says if he takes the second offer he'll be able to get a new car!

Banker's offer:

£13,000

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

I'm suddenly reminded with Dot. Adam again follows the script in saying he'll play on with the big numbers

Adam says

NO DEAL

Round 3

18 - Jan - £15,000

7 - Daniel - £10

2 - Jamie - £50

Banker time

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Banker's offer:

£20,000

Noel calls it clever. Debate on the wings along the lines of "both the offer and the board are great". Noel is pleased with Adam pointing out that it's twenty grand in the bank...

Adam says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Round 4

4 - Nat - £100,000

Noel points out how differently Adam and the Banker will have reacted to that!

17 - Darren - 10p

Noel says we are 'right on the edge' after taking out the second-highest and second-lowest, and calls a break after Adam calls box 8... Noel points out the look on Adam's face, and how much the offer meant to him...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

This Bluetooth keyboard isn't all it's cracked up to me, I sense!

Into Act III, with a board that looks possibly better than it is.

Noel says this is crucial and 'does not want this slipping the Banker's way'

8 - Annie - £250

Banker time

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Noel says that was a good round. The Banker is quiet at this point. Adam is rubbing his hands. Nervousness on both sides.

Banker's offer:

£26,000

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:43 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Very tight now

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Such a strong board still, just needs to find that 1p. Hopefully old faithful won't work. Worth at least another round.

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:47 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Chance of disaster is still only 1.7%. With two blues remaining its surely a ND

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:47 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

And with 13 minutes left at 8 box he is clearly thinking about dealing

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]