Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:23 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:23 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel opens Bryan's box 7 and reveals £250

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Paul with box 19 contains the £100

Noel reveals that Bryan has also won a week for 2 in Cyprus :D

Bryan says that the winnings will pay for a trip to South Africa to visit his wife's grandmother for her birthday.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

So my lucky number failed me this time...maybe it's time I got myself a new lucky number

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

Excellent result for a first class board reader

And so we head into Sunday with the players 4-1 up and another Halloween week proving a bogey week for the Banker

Enjoy the money, Brian

Have a happy and safe Halloween, chaps, if anyone is heading out on Sunday :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

Yes, enjoyed that game very much from the front row - you may have noticed there was a lot of smoke because Noel had fluffed his 'instrument' playing at the beginning, we could barely see Noel, and I was right by the smoke machine, which was a bit choking!

Anyway, what a comeback, it was so tense in the studio from an early stage. That 3-box decision took him a fair while, he was tempted, but being a good reader of the board, made the sensible deal (blue/75k would've been about 30k I think), and a perfect finale!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:44 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week
International Forums Moderator

Clever play by the banker at 5-box, not boosting the offers relative to the mean as he's done previously this week with Treat. Here's the stats:

8-box offer: £4,000 (39.19% of mean)
5-box offer: £9,500 (62.42%)
4-box offer: £11,750 (62.37%)
3-box offer: £17,000 (67.55%)

No gain at all at 4-box relative to the mean, and even the 3-box offer was a low increase. Would have expected £26,000 at 2-box if it were a blue, maybe higher if the banker was concerned.

Perhaps Bryan mentioning that he had no debts was an incentive for the banker to lower his generosity, as it's easier on the conscience should things go wrong. Conversely, if Bryan had been in debt, and considered taking the 5-box offer, the banker would have almost certainly intervened and said the next offer would have been higher than £11,750.

Bryan played well, and (in my opinion) left the game at the correct time, when it became clear the banker wasn't going to be generous with his offers. His advice to players in previous games, and ability to read the board well, made him a memorable character on the wings. Plus, winning £17,000 will act as a nice cushion for what he wants, and the holiday of course helps too!

Well done, and enjoy the money, Bryan. :)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:15 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

Well it looked for a long time that Bryan was headed for an unavoidable trainwreck, really pleased he managed to turn it around - into a Banker Spanking no less :smt023 . Good gameplay from a player who knew how to read the board and weigh up the odds. And somehow a victory that comes agains the odds is that little bit more satisfying...

What's going on with Millie & the £75k that's the third time in four days.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:03 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

I noticed that as well, think she's turning into a black widow

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

It's a shame that the first half of the game prevented us from a classic Banker/board reader clash but a great result. I often find the easiest 1-box games in terms of decision making are 1-box games as it's a straight decision of how far you are willing to risk missing the red (and my philosophy has always been to go as far as 3-box unless one of the offers before was a insta-deal)

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:01 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

Simon F wrote:
It's a shame that the first half of the game prevented us from a classic Banker/board reader clash but a great result.

Indeed, although in these themed games and trying to get the players to 5-box, early offers might not have been great anyway. Difficult to tell really. I was kind of surprised to hear Bryan had been picked today because I thought they might save him for longer and for a regular game because he was so outspoken, plus with that thing he'd had on all week he might not have been able to see the boxes! :laughing

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

This is one of my favourite special weeks ever, that's the fourth really good one in 5 games (only Fadi's was a bit of a letdown). How he managed to get a £17k OPW out of that was amazing. Well done Bryan!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:10 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Bryan - Trick or Treat Week

James1978 wrote:
This is one of my favourite special weeks ever, that's the fourth really good one in 5 games (only Fadi's was a bit of a letdown). How he managed to get a £17k OPW out of that was amazing. Well done Bryan!

Indeed, it was doubly satisfying to get such a sizeable win after that awful start, was really tense as I said. Fadi's game was still very enjoyable despite the low win, he was a really interesting character.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]