Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:23 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:23 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
Just noticed that the Hall Of Fame page on this website needs both Alex and Christopher's pictures adding now.

As well £75k winners Lynne, Doug, Justin and Cheryl.

moorhen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:55 am    Author: moorhen    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

h2005 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS.....

The pigeon that was in the studio is now sitting down to watch himself on TV... but he's on the wrong channel and can't find the remote!!!! :( :-D

That's hilarious h2005. A good game but for me the star of the show was the pigeon! :lol: :lol:

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

Oh yes, that was a funny moment! Definatly should be in he best bits of Season 6

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

KP wrote:
What I find hilarious is that on the day firefighters have announced strike action in London for, of all days, November 5... we get this episode airing, where someone goes to the end and wins big, and it's definitely not a firefighter. Meanwhile, the last two firefighters in the chair have had two of the greatest self-inflicted trainwrecks on DoND since the recession. :P

One was Rob, who was the other? The last firefighter I remember was Jim last month and he took a sensible deal!

Anyway, that was great, and really glad a 6-figure win has come through reasonable no-deals where either decision is valid, rather than a stupidly generous banker's gamble when it's left with the 1p, or a SWAP-only offer (or a really crap offer after the banker's seen in the box)!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BoxClever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:35 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

Sensational game. (I feel like Noel saying this, but…) It was great to finally match a player with the courage to go for the big money with a box which, luckily enough, had some big money inside.

Good job Chris swerved Box 3 when he thought about opening it earlier – I’m not sure if even he would have had the courage to go for the £100,000 between that and a blue (which is what he’d have been left with if he opened Box 3 earlier… in doing so, he’d have taken the £50,000 safety net out of the game).

Phil 09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

Amazing game, and just what was needed. I can't even recall the last six figure win when opening the final box.

Killers Bee mentioned the Alex game (£88,000 deal) which I would have also placed as the game of Season six to date and 2010 overall, Ramesh coming a close second. (£77,000 deal)

But Noel did say on Sunday that it will be a sensational week. So far, he has been proven right. :D

Phil.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week
International Forums Moderator

James1978 wrote:
KP wrote:
What I find hilarious is that on the day firefighters have announced strike action in London for, of all days, November 5... we get this episode airing, where someone goes to the end and wins big, and it's definitely not a firefighter. Meanwhile, the last two firefighters in the chair have had two of the greatest self-inflicted trainwrecks on DoND since the recession. :P

One was Rob, who was the other? The last firefighter I remember was Jim last month and he took a sensible deal!

Anyway, that was great, and really glad a 6-figure win has come through reasonable no-deals where either decision is valid, rather than a stupidly generous banker's gamble when it's left with the 1p, or a SWAP-only offer (or a really crap offer after the banker's seen in the box)!!

Got mixed up with the serving soldier who had no intention of taking any offers... and with Gaz, but forgot until I read the recap he was a naively optimistic student (I'm amazed we don't have more reckless young male players, actually!). Got confused because his board was just like Rob's!

Absolutely seconded that it was great to see a £100k win attained through something other than a deux ex machina, or for that matter reckless play! In fact, I think that the only other six-figure wins I can say that about are Bunney's (he stayed just about the right side of reckless for me) and the first Gaz!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

75KLynne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm    Author: 75KLynne    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

I was so pleased for Christopher. That was a great game from the pigeon at the start right up to the fantastic finish.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:15 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

:-D that's the sort of game I've been missing for months. My mum was adamant that I watch this one, and mentioned the pigeon too. SHe said it was a good game, I just never realised it'd be that good.

I don't think Chris would've gone that far had he not gotten the offer after each box...it does make things a bit easier. But that was a cracker, absolutely brilliant.

I'm surprised they left the pigeon to run loose through the game :shock:

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:56 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week

KP wrote:
Got mixed up with the serving soldier who had no intention of taking any offers... and with Gaz, but forgot until I read the recap he was a naively optimistic student (I'm amazed we don't have more reckless young male players, actually!). Got confused because his board was just like Rob's!

Absolutely seconded that it was great to see a £100k win attained through something other than a deux ex machina, or for that matter reckless play! In fact, I think that the only other six-figure wins I can say that about are Bunney's (he stayed just about the right side of reckless for me) and the first Gaz!!

I'd have said Betty's £100k wasn't reckless or forced actually. Or Maria's to be honest!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/10 Christopher - Trick or Treat Week
International Forums Moderator

Forgot how similar Maria's was to Gaz!! Betty, yes, good point too!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]