Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:41 pm Last visit was: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:34 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Warnings: 0
...I just caught the end of this. Unbelievable we're still only on two pages here!!

Simply one of the greatest DOND moments I've seen in years. It belonged right in 2007, the last year where I watched regularly. Alex's bravery will no doubt see her being hailed as a hero by certain watchers :D

I'll be shocked if we get another win as big as this in the whole rest of the season! It's actually got me considering watching regularly again...

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:48 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Well there you have it, the biggest win in a long time and am I right in thinking that's the most anyone's sold a blue for since Jennifer? Rodney was in second place for a long time.

Alex was a hard player to read and at times barely seemed in control of herself, but she certainly gave Noel and the Banker the jitters, which is fun to watch if nothing else.

The 8-box offer was worth turning down because as long as you take a blue the next offer shouldn't be completely undealable. 5-box was a closer call, as even losing either red could put the ball in the Banker's court offer-wise, so a good argument either way really.

As for 2-box, well, you'd need to be prepared for either outcome, Alex perhaps wasn't (compared to Corinne anyway!) so don't blame her at all for taking it.

What effect will this have on the others? Difficult to say really, remember the reason Marshall's game didn't produce the turnaround people were hoping for was because the next 2 players weren't lucky with the boxes and had few real decisions to make. But remember, whatever happens the next few games, this one will still be on the players' minds by the end of the week.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Billy wrote:
I'll be shocked if we get another win as big as this in the whole rest of the season!

We're probably all thinking this, but I really hope we do, we've got another 8-odd months to go of this season and we have to ask ourselves: do we really want certain people banging on about crowning Alex the season's biggest winner for that long?!

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

h2005 wrote:
Box 10 with Debs contains the £250,000

Noel says Alex wasn't destined to be #3 of the £250,000 club, she was destined to be #33 of the 1p club!

Alex talks about the difference the money will make to her future. :D

Thought that was what Noel said.....destined to be 33rd member of the 1p club...but didnt we get the 33rd member last week...Anji :? :?

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Wow.....what a game that was....and the biggest win for 18 months...... :D :D :D

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Wow. Awesome game. Bizarre that she should mention Corinne and then get her finish and the £88k was an obvious offer and an easy deal.

I can't forgive Noel for not knowing how many 1p winners there have been though.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Oni-91 wrote:
I don't mean to wee on any fires here, but by reading this something has struck me (note that I didn't watch it because I was out at Uni): isn't there supposed to be a hypothetical swap on a 2 box with 1p and/or 250k, even post-dealing?

That said, £88,000 is a brilliant win, whatever way you slice it.

To be fair there was a lot going on towards the end, it's possible (probable even) that the hypo-swap was offered but declined and subsequently cut out.

Absolutely loved that game, Alex has been a favourite of mine on the wings for a while so i was really pleased to see her get such a fantastic board. I really got caught up in the atmosphere of that game and i found her enthusiasm quite infectious, I was cheering and punching the air at the end

A well deserved victory for a very brave contestant.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

Fantastic game, nearly as great as the weekend I've just had celebrating my brother's wedding - but not quite, of course! :D I'd just come down from such a high, and along comes Deal to brighten up the day again! :D

Key decision of that game being the £29,000 at 5-box - a good offer or not? Well, with 3 blues it's a bit precarious, but my calculator reckons slightly northwards of £30k, and I think the old millionaire-esque 'milestone' of £32,000 would've made for an extremely difficult decision. Not that she wasn't brave to turn down £29k, though.

I did wonder slightly whether the banker might've pull the swap stunt again, but he probably thought it would be ludicrous to create a jackpot winner in that manner, and he'd have sent the forum into meltdown! For a moment, I thought she may have turned down the 88k, but thankfully she came to her senses, and secured a record-breaking selling (in percentage terms on the box value) and the biggest win of season 6 so far!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

The other great thing too was I totally expected the £250k to be in her box - it was after all the Corinne references that I thought it would be typical DOND irony if of the two contestants who get the same active-play finish and the same offer, Corinne would no-deal and have the 1p, and Alex would deal and have the £250k. Thankfully it wasn't. :)

Also I was very pleased to hear that Noel had made sure Corinne was Ok after losing the £88k, and she was already thinking about other ways to get the Bentley. I knew she took it well on-screen but you never know what happens aftter the cameras stop rolling. I hope he does that for too-early dealers too! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:51 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

There was an article on the DOND website about Corinne when her game was repeated over the summer.

http://blog.dealornodeal.co.uk/?p=604

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

I stopped watching Deal or No Deal at the end of 2007, and since then I've only ever really watched the show on the rare occasion - I'll always have a soft spot for Deal no matter what. So for someone who hardly ever watches the show anymore, this was a fantastic game to return to!

I watched a game a couple of weeks ago (can't remember the contestant's name) and out of all the contestants Alex stood out the most to me. There was something about her that made her very likeable so was pleased when her name got called out yesterday, and sure enough she seemed like a very nice girl. I really warmed to her in her game and wanted her to do well and she did! Sold a 1p box for £88,000! The biggest banker spanking ever! Thank goodness she dealt at £88,000 because it would have been *beep* if she went away with 1p. What a fantastic game! Weldone Alex! :D

For the first time in years I'm actually thinking about watching Deal or No Deal on a regular basis again! Even if it is just temporary! :)

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

I watched this one yesterday and what good fun it was.

I'd usually be calling the banker out on a £88k proveout lie on this finish but... well he offered it for some reason. I'd be offering £50,000 max on that finish.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex
International Forums Moderator

Hah!

I think that says it all.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/10 Alex

cfd wrote:
I watched this one yesterday and what good fun it was.

I'd usually be calling the banker out on a £88k proveout lie on this finish but... well he offered it for some reason. I'd be offering £50,000 max on that finish.

I know Corinne got £88k because she wanted a straight 8 Bentley but given the mention of Corinne's game, the coincidence of the same finish and the fact that Alex had received good offers throughout the game as the banker respected her, £88k wasn't a mad offer.

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]