Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:01 pm Last visit was: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:01 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 5 with Steve contains the £500

Gina says she is over the moon with £26,000 and she can do a lot with that.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

No chance of a proveout lie and I doubt she would have no dealt £18k so she should have no regrets even if this is the £50k............ and it is.

Another game with big money coming to the table with no backup.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina
International Forums Moderator

Hard to spin that one negatively, and I hope Noel doesn't try tomorrow...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

Banker gets the victory at the last minute to end the week

sorlag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 pm    Author: sorlag    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

Never in a million years would the banker's offer have been £18k at the end there. In real play he'd have offered £12k (maybe 14k). 'bankers offer would have been' often seems very suspicious.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

sorlag wrote:
Never in a million years would the banker's offer have been £18k at the end there. In real play he'd have offered £12k. 'bankers offer would have been' often seems very suspicious.

I don't think £18k is that unbelieveable to be honest. Having dealt at £26k, it doesn't really matter today what it was.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

No complaints about that - she took the highest offer of the game after taking a justifiable risk to get there, and even if there was more in the box, it would have needed a big Wakeyist to have got it. (As I think many who thought of going on at 5-box would have dealt at 2-box).

As most Sunday games usually totally suck, that's the best one there's been for yonks. Though Bryan seems to think the banker will play the "Anji" trick again, even when the 1p isn't on the board (god I hope he isn't right......)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:28 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

sorlag wrote:
Never in a million years would the banker's offer have been £18k at the end there. In real play he'd have offered £12k (maybe 14k). 'bankers offer would have been' often seems very suspicious.

To be fair i suspect if Gina had dealt at 8 box then the £26k offer would have no doubt been denounced as a lie. Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt on this occassion.

Thought that was a great game, more than once i thought we were headed for another Sunday trainwreck and to get £26k out of that was impressive indeed.
Yes she had more in her box but as others have noted there was no backup. I'm just glad she managed to take out the £250k in provout.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 17/10 Gina

Didn't see this game but sounds like she took a fair deal for the board and probably only the wakeyists and glory-hunters would claim a £50k win. Nice one Gina.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]