Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£19,003.30

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

Angela has £50,000 in her box 20.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

Box 17 with Debs contains the £100

Angela says she's gutted, and Noel says she left at totally the wrong moment, but he reminds her she's still got £15,003.30.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

Second player in a row who had their chance but blew it... ah well, not a banker spanking but still a good sum.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

What is going on here, I know 2008 had a lot of easily scared players but this is getting ridiculous! :?

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

Just watching on 4od now. Noel is being such a bloody idiot. Has he ever been a single parent who works in a chip shop (well there was no husband/other half ever mentioned was there)? Course not. Idiot. I don't think the amount people earn in chip shops is comparable to what he earns somehow! :)

I didn't mind caution at all in this case, I just really didn't want her to win a blue becuase I really liked her, she was so sweet and bubbly, but I knew she'd take it badly if she did win nowt.

But I'm pleased we now have an apparent stats boff in Bryan! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

But as of late, no blue is coming to the table, so why aren't they making the most of it?

I'm pretty sure the gamblers among the pilgrims would've loved to win those huge amounts coming to the table

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

Angela's game means she will be the last player that I have seen on the wings in person (next one should be in around 6 weeks time).

Nice motif with the £3.30 being the price of meatballs at Angela's fish and chip shop but the offers were horrible. The £2,500 increase for the all blue round before 11-box was an insult.

James - I know Noel doesn't always come across as being sympathetic to the contestants financial plight in the edit but you shouldn't assume that's how he is when the filming takes place. You really should be putting more of the blame on the editorial decisions rather than Noel.

£30k at 5-box was probably not as much of a proveout lie as I as expecting, although old faithful + £3.30 would have probably been the real offer.
3rd day in a row that a BG would have been a viable offer at 2-box and the 3rd day in a row that a large red is on the row backed up by a relatively low amount (counting yesterday's £5k in that bracket).

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela
International Forums Moderator

Noel really shouldn't give the editors anything to feed off like that though. He might well be telling both sides of the tale, but he must know by now how the show's edited, and either he starts removing these easily edited references, or he is complicit in the malediting practice.

In my opinion, anyway.

He had half a point on this one - I'd have gone on unflinchingly, and the awful 11-box offer made it nakedly obvious that the producers were thoroughly expecting a pre-ADP deal given the chance, thus causing them to ensure no such chance was given - but that's not the point.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:50 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

James1978 wrote:
Just watching on 4od now. Noel is being such a bloody idiot. Has he ever been a single parent who works in a chip shop (well there was no husband/other half ever mentioned was there)? Course not. Idiot. I don't think the amount people earn in chip shops is comparable to what he earns somehow! :)

I don't recall her mentioning a partner and there was no picture of one but Noel did say something about her wanting money 'for a wedding'.

Anyway you have to hand it to the Banker he's doing something right - that's the second game in a row where he's sweet talked the player into quitting a very strong board. Which does begger the question- if the offers are being kept deliberately low (even i thought the 11 box offer was 'stingy') to discourage dealing why is the Banker trying to encourage dealing?

Angela was a real handful of a contestant, funny, bubbly, not unattractive ;-) she had real presence in the chair . Would have loved to see her get the better of the Banker but he knew exactly how to play her.

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

When I was on the show I was quite suprised at how unwakeyist Noel actually was, having seen how he comes across to early dealers, but it always seemed to get edited out. I think he is very astute at knowing what will make the edit and what wont and I think he has to put on a bit of a persona for the show, when he is not necessarily that unsympathetic. It may also be possible he says both pro gambling and anti gambling comments, so the editors can have their pick depending on what the way the game pans out.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela
International Forums Moderator

If he's that astute, why doesn't he complain at being tarnished by association? Is he that desperate to keep this job, when he'd undoubtedly get another offer to work elsewhere (certainly from Sky, with whom he has done two shows, one a risk-reward game show where there is ample potential for the type of spin we see on DoND, and yet there never is any)?

It's beyond me.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

1p£250,000.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:57 pm    Author: 1p£250,000.    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Angela

Haha i'm happy they put tape over Darren's mouth! The one chance where we dont have to see his silly big smile and all his yellow teeth! ;)

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]