Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel says that configuration screams out that Chris is very likely to go away as a very wealthy man. The banker talks to Chris, and Chris asks how far he can twist his arm. :lol: Chris says the offer is close to the figure he wants, and he says he's forgotten what it was! The banker phones back and confirms what the offer is...

Banker's offer:

£28,750

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

Chris says the gambler in him wants to go on, and Darren says there's a very high chance that Chris has a red in his box. Chris's brother says he's tugging on his reigns now for him to deal, as that's life-changing money.

Chris says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

Round 6 (proveout)

2 - Christopher - £75,000

13 - Kiran - £100

20 - Debs - £35,000

Banker time with £5,000 and £100,000 remaining

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

The banker says he's feeling rather proud of himself, as he made a committed gambler with a strong board say DEAL!

Banker's offer would've been:

£44,000

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

Chris has £100,000 in his box 14.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

Box 4 with Alex contains the £5,000

Chris says he's feeling mixed emotions.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

Was worth going on with just one blue left and 4 reds. Just been brave for one more round and at long long last, after months and months of waiting, we would have finally had another £100k winner.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris
International Forums Moderator

Ah, history. The first Banker's Gamble was for Phyllis, £10k on 1p/£50k, and the first swap... was it Irene's, the one everyone forgets before Nick's? Or was there one in 2005?

Anyway, how you can have seven teenage children is beyond me, both biologically and psychologically, so let's move on, and enjoy a just about above-average opening round. And a generous opening offer, and the fact it isn't a round number might be setting a theme.

He's a golfer? Probably at least reasonably well-off; might well be able to afford to take more risks. He certainly will after that all-blue. Sixteen grand isn't quite enough to be worthy of serious thought, but nor is it low enough to be summarily dismissed.

There goes the jackpot, thus absolutely ensuring we go to the ADP; £35k, £75k, and £100k are the key values, and they're backed up by an uninterrupted £1k-£10k block, which could be crucial. Fairly close to average by whichever metric you choose, and there's the obligatory £NO_DEAL offer.

Two oranges and a blue in round 4, and the momentum swings; mean is above the starting value, and it's a three-box game. £11,500 isn't enough; £14,000 might be; £17,000 probably just about is. No complaints at either decision here, though...

...and goodness me, it goes in his favour! Not only are there the top three, but he still has the £5k, which serves two purposes; it guarantees a four-figure offer even if the 10% disaster chance pops up, but more pertinently, there's a 30% chance that it'll be the kicker on a Power 5 finish, and that could bump up those offers by potentially close to £10k relative to leaving a blue. I'd want £35k here, and the Banker may well offer that, seeing as he said something along the lines of really wanting to play the producers' game... not quite, it's another non-round offer, I'd play on, he doesn't. I might well have offered advice that made him play on, were I on the wings; wouldn't that have been the ultimate irony?

£5k/£100k finish. Banker's Gamble, or a hypothetical joke? The latter. To be honest, I think he should have gone at eight-box if he was going to take that one at five-box, the offer didn't improve as much as the board. And £100k in the box; he leaves with regrets and £28,750, which is much better than regrets and £100.

Oh, and Mark, two more rounds. One of them involving a stupid risk, if the offer's anything like the one he'd really have got. It was worth playing on at five-box, yes, but two-box? That's another matter.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

It was so worth play all the way to 2-box

Chalk this one down to Endemol for selecting another cautious player who has saved them loads more money! :roll:

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

£17k at 8-box was a decision where neither answer would be that wrong, £28,750 was also but certainly under the EV of the 2-box offer (which was about £33k ish)

I'd have given more credibility to £35k-£40k at 2-box. Even Gaz didn't get £44k with a £10k backup.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:58 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/10 Chris

There was certainly plenty of incentive for Chris to play on there but I can also understand that £28k is a lot of money to turn down. Would have loved him to have had that disastrous final round that would have led to a banker spanking

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]