Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 pm Last visit was: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:13 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Alex says that this is Howie's game all over again although with different numbers, and he won so Anji can do the same.

Anji says

NO DEAL

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Come on, let the £20,000 remain...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Round 6

13 - £250 Alex

10 - 50p Gina

21 - £1 Angela

Banker time with 1p and £20,000 remaining

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Thank god the £600 pathetic offer was justified as bad!

But the 1p...oh dear...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Noel says he was hoping we wouldn't be still looking at the 1p says Noel and he tells Anji to remember her first thought when he gives her the Banker's offer.

Banker's offer:

SWAP

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

This has middle finger potential if she can pull this off!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

The Banker confirms why he is the most evil person on TV by not making a money offer! Anji's daughter says that she is right about most things so go with her thoughts.

Anji says

SWAP

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Noel swaps Anji's box 20 for box 7

Anji now has box 7

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Noel opens Anji's new box 7 and reveals 1p :(

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Box 20 with Lilly contains the £20,000

Noel says there was a big gasp when she said SWAP and asks why she swapped, and Anji replies it just came to her to swap.

Anji becomes the 33rd member of the 1p club.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

And that is just setting an all time low...she never had a chance to get out of that game at all! Disgusting!

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:25 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Big-Davey wrote:
And that is just setting an all time low...she never had a chance to get out of that game at all! Disgusting!

but you'll be back watching it tomorrow ;)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

I've been asleep and just woke up, and seen this has happened. What an absolute bloody disgrace.

Give her some money you stupid tight-arses!! Why should PJ get £15k after they did the same thing but not her?????

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Indeed! :lol:

Thing about me, I let it bother me for about 10 minutes after then I'm often back on here posting summaries! :lol:

Here's the summary today then:

A few people I'm talking to are laughing about it; calling it the easiest £20,000 win in the show's history, and no sympathy is due for Anji coz she swapped.

I'm just at a loss for words...it felt like either way she wasn't going to pull it off, and was praying she would! Bah, oh well...

Last edited by Big-Davey on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

James1978 wrote:
I've been asleep and just woke up, and seen this has happened. What an absolute bloody disgrace.

Give her some money you stupid tight-arses!! Why should PJ get £15k after they did the same thing but not her?????

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Glad to see this isn't affecting just me! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

MarkHouseUK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: MarkHouseUK    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Is that offer of the swap at 2-box even legal?. I mean I know he offers it at other times in previous rounds but to force her to go on at 2-box without a financial offer?.

It's just not right. I can see a lot of complaints about this.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji
International Forums Moderator

Well, we all know the producers encourage risks being taken on this show, and they practiced what they preached there - that final swap offer was a sizable risk to their reputation on what should have been a moderately typical all-or-peanuts finish, crying out for a reprise of the £6k offered earlier...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:33 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Don't be surprised if there will be more final two offers becoming swap only offers over the coming months. This is one of the ways they need to cut the show's budget. A simple 50/50 gamble to ensure nothing is won. Another way is selecting people who are not risk takers and happy to take what he or she is offered with.

Last edited by travis P on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

Good point...even though it's not a nice one :|

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:36 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Anji

MarkHouseUK wrote:
Is that offer of the swap at 2-box even legal?. I mean I know he offers it at other times in previous rounds but to force her to go on at 2-box without a financial offer?.

It's just not right. I can see a lot of complaints about this.

It's actually a borrowed idea from France and Italy. Their versions (for which we based their DoND's from) uses the swap offer instead of money nearly all the time. Especially at the final two boxes. As I mentioned last week, if this happened in 2006 there would be a massive uproar (as it did with PJ but I wouldn't have cared less as I've seen it in Europe) but now it doesn't matter anymore as they have ripped the rule book numerous times.

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]