Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'm gone here for sure.

£14,000 at eight-box would have been just short of the mark, despite the lack of orange fallback; £12,000 is very generous with three blues remaining, but this is where the earlier generosity might just lure her into a gamble she'd otherwise be averse to...

...or not. She's gone. Good play all round; hope this collapses from here.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Round 6 - Proveout round

22 - £250 Alex

11 - £500 Therese

15 - £35,000 Paul

Banker time with £750 and £50,000 remaining

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

The banker-producer has two choices; a wildly inflated lie, or a Banker's Gamble.

I'd take on the latter if offered.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

I sniff a Banker's Gamble. Hopefully.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

What a climax says Noel. Lisa asks if she can write a figure in Noel's book as she dreamt about a figure she thought she would go with. The Banker gives Noel another figure to write in the book, and then Noel compares them. Lisa wrote £35,000 in the book.

Banker's offer:

Banker's Gamble

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel left the apostrophe out of "Banker's Gamble" when he wrote it in the book. I'm shocked!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Forget psychology, forget spiritualism, forget anything else that people tell you, it comes down to this: is £50,000 twice as good as £12,000?

For me, it is. For many, it isn't.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Lisa's husband tells her he isn't going to say anything, but Lisa tells him to join her. Her husband says he really wants her to have her trip to Africa, and this really leaving her with a coin flip.

Lisa says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Noel opens Lisa's box 17 and reveals £50,000

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Box 18 with Barry contains the £750

Monkeynut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: Monkeynut    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Well and truly a "Contestant Spanking". She went at lowest offer!

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Not sure why she wrote 35k down. No way the banker would have offered that much for 750 and 50k finish in live play.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

The banker gave her a massive lifeline. She said she wanted £35k, should have gone for it if she really wanted that much.

If she hadn't of said that then probably no Banker's Gamble. Should have had that in mind, but probably didn't.

Last edited by Mark on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Monkeynut wrote:
Well and truly a "Contestant Spanking". She went at lowest offer!

And yet it was so close to the highest offer it wouldn't have hurt one bit but for the £50,000 in the box!

Is that the highest sum won in an OPL ever? It has to be, doesn't it?

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Seeing her target amount like that makes you wonder if these contestants are trying to bluff their way to the big money, only to then forget about it and just deal whatever he/she is good, regardless of the board

There just seems to be no end of these huge amounts thrown away, is it me or are we recently seeing the contestants let The Banker walk all over them?

We had this kind of period before (2008 era), and it wasn't good at all back then

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

paulyc wrote:
Not sure why she wrote 35k down. No way the banker would have offered that much for 750 and 50k finish in live play.

I could be wrong, but wasn't 35k her target, rather than what she thought the offer would be.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:57 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

12k probably seemed like a ridiculously generous offer after yesterday...

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

greeny wrote:
paulyc wrote:

I could be wrong, but wasn't 35k her target, rather than what she thought the offer would be.

Yeah it was was, but since she had already dealt at 12k it was an exercise in futility, unless she was under the impression that had she gone on that's what the offer would have been.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:57 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

greeny wrote:
paulyc wrote:

Neither, wasn't it? I got the impression that it was merely a figure that she dreamt would be significant in some way, even though it wasn't at all.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 24/09 Lisa

Lose the £75k and a £1k drop but only a £2k above the last offer going means a measly £2k increase. Is it me or was the initial offer just too ridiculously high?? After that opener the game couldn't really go anywhere and it was almost a Deal-able first offer which proved to almost be the best offer of the game. In fact the live play only saw a difference of £6k in the offers. In some ways the BG saved another ludicrous proveout offer. Yet again Noel spouted verbal diahorrea. What has happened during the show's break?

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]