Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:57 pm Last visit was: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Janet
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6 - Proveout round

18 - £100,000 Rachel

13 - £3,000 Lisa

17 - £1,000 Howie

Banker time with 50p and £250 remaining

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Janet

Imagine how you would have felt if you was still playing says Noel.

Banker's offer would've been:

£45

Profile E-mail  

kestral

Noel opens Janet's box 15 and reveals 50p

Profile E-mail  

kestral

Allan with box 11 contains the £250

Profile E-mail  

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Janet

cfd wrote:
If she's struggling this much on £4,500 (and has actually dealt it!!!) then it shows she clearly should have taken the £15,000 on the second offer. I wouldn't have done myself, but clearly this is a lot of money to her.

Not necessarilly true. The thought of a 1 box game actually scares some people, and those people would be perfectly willing to accept an offer if there is only 1 amount higher, even if the offer is low.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Janet

A game that went from looking really strong to being very volatile. Not much more I can remember from the actual recording apart from the fact that because Janet was on her own, she took quite a long time at 8-box and my personal feeling at the time was that having taken so long to decide, I thought she should have dealt at 8-box (even though it was probably a couple of thousand short of what I would have wanted to deal) and that although she had no outside influence to make her no-deal, my personal feeling was that she was 100% happy with her decision.

The low deal at 5-box probably showed she wasn't happy to go away with nothing and thankfully, the proveout went her way.

(It's very odd seeing yourself so many times on one show - might not want to sit on the front row again after seeing myself on TV ) :D

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Janet
International Forums Moderator

Glad you said there was no outside influence, because I was convinced on the recap that there was. Just a big call that went against her.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Janet

Janet's game showed a lot of promise but i don't think she ever recovered from that hit in the 3rd round. Always a shame to see someone take the lowest offer (well second lowest technically) but at least she got out before it was too late. With hindsight she pushed her luck one round too many, but going on was by no means a bad call given the board

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]