Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Please use this thread to discuss the shows which are being shown during the 2010 summer break. This thread contains links to the original live show commentaries of the shows which are being repeated, as well as discussion of the repeated shows

The repeats run on weekdays at 4:10pm on Channel 4, from Monday 26th July until Friday 20th August, with the "Noel's Hall of Fame" repeats starting on Monday 26th July. A new Season of DoND will kick off at 4:10pm on Channel 4 on Monday 23rd August.

The list below shows which games have been repeated when, with links to the original commentaries for the shows.

Date repeated --- Show --- Originally broadcast

26/07/10 Freddie - 22/12/09 - Santa Vs Scrooge Specials - Read the original commentary HERE
27/07/10 Kerry - 02/07/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
28/07/10 Claude - 17/10/08 Read the original commentary HERE
29/07/10 Peter - 17/04/08 - Read the original commentary HERE
30/07/10 Calum - 24/07/09 - Read the original commentary HERE

02/08/10 Slim - 04/07/08 - Read the original commentary HERE
03/08/10 Andrew - 01/12/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
04/08/10 John - 14/06/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
05/08/10 William - 25/07/08 - Read the original commentary HERE
06/08/10 Simon - 16/07/09 - Read the original commentary HERE

09/08/10 Big Ron - 04/04/08 - Read the original commentary HERE
10/08/10 Dirk - 31/03/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
11/08/10 Mel - 30/04/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
12/08/10 Owain - 05/11/09 - Bonfire Night Special - Read the original commentary HERE
13/08/10 Laura - 19/10/09 - Read the original commentary HERE

16/08/10 David - 28/10/09 - Trick or Treat Halloween special - Read the original commentary HERE
17/08/10 Geraint - 21/11/08 - Read the original commentary HERE
18/08/10 Pat - 10/07/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
19/08/10 David - "Our very own h2005" - 23/03/09 - Read the original commentary HERE
20/08/10 Corinne - 07/12/09 - Read the original commentary HERE

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:14 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I see we have Freddie from this past christmas is the first Hall of Fame show.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:18 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Freddie and his carrots XD

Any little hints as to the rest of this week?

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:21 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Freddie's orignal show was broadcast on 22/12/09 and the original show commentary can be found HERE

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:49 pm    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Always nice to see the lovely Abbie again! :-D

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Agreed! :D

What a month last December was for the show. The 3 1p wins was a bit of a shame but we did also have 5 wins of over £30k! Won't be the last we see from this particular month in the Hall of Fame.

It's good that Freddie's game was shown again, it probably got forgotten about amid all the shows from that month but it was a good reminder of what a character he was. The comments from the wings were pretty much all edited out so all his one-liners could be left in!

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:30 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

great to see the old fella again, the day b4 i gave him his tripoleum!!! (trampoline) reckon there'l be at least 5 shows from the group i was in, after my amazing speeches off camera there werent many play it safe players!!

I expect Rio, Corrinne, Michelle and Andrew to be involved in HOF games.

Harry from hull!!! woohoo!!

Last edited by HARRYwoohoo!! on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Fantastic to see Freddie's game again, I especially loved the way he looked so unmoved when Noel opened the £15,000!! :)

(Even though watching Christmas in summer was SO weird, more so than when they had Lauren and Orry in last year's HOF!)

Disappointed there were no hints from Noel at the start as to what would be coming up later this week, it would have been useful to know for which ones to set the video for....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:09 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
International Forums Moderator

Wasn't going to watch the repeats, but I'm glad I watched this one. Freddie carried the whole studio with him, and Noel was very chipper and energetic as well. Strange to see the old graphics again, but I quite like its simplicity.

And actual, decisive decisions on the offers. Admittedly the board was with him for most of the game; but it makes a refreshing change to have no dithering or fear in a player's eyes at the mention of five figures. The difference between recent games and this is the difference between night and day.

Incidentally, did anyone think the banker/producer was dressed up in the snowman suit? :ponder:

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:20 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

gotta agree that nearly all of our group went there to make the most of it, you always get some who just have a figure in their head and take the money then its "see ya later" but it seems this years contestants are there and as soon as an offer is slightly risky they take the money, some even at 2 grand really coonsidering leaving the game!!!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

It was great to Freddie's game again, he had a wonderfully droll sense of humour and i loved his responses to some of Noel's more obvious questions - plus i find it hillarious that his granddaughter was more excited by his win than he was :laughing .

The other thing i really appreciated was that although Freddie was clearly there to have fun and enjoy the experience he was treating the game properly and following the rules, it's very easy with that sort of charecter for the gameplay to fall by the wayside - mind you for much of his game Freddie had a very stroong board which probably helped.

Agree with old Faithful too, great to see Abbie again - even dressed as an Elf she was gorgeous.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:16 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Kerry's show today.

Kerry's show was first broadcast on 02/07/09 - You can read the original show commentary HERE....

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Ah yes, I remember her game very well, lots of tears but a tearful happy ending :)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:54 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I'd forgotten quite how emotional that show was to watch.

A beautiful, charming and sharp-witted contestant (loved the way she leapt to Irene's defence when Noel criticised her top :laughing ) who wore her heart on her sleeve, a cruelly unlucky board and the Banker at his Machiavellian best.

The all or nothing Banker's Gamble was very cleverly applied - can you imagine what the atmosphere would have been like in the studio if Kerry had gone home with nothing?

Odd that they chose to show two £15k wins in a row like that though, even if they did come from vastly different game boards.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:52 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
... can you imagine what the atmosphere would have been like in the studio if Kerry had gone home with nothing?

Only too well, given I was actually in the audience for that game (along with another forum member... :ponder: ), and the atmosphere was unbelievably tense due to how Kerry had personalised the game and wanting to take her daughter to Graceland, we were all so behind her, and having strongly persuaded her to take the gamble, most of us were so desperate to see it pay off.

Didn't realise how mad we went after the reveal, it was almost as if she'd won £100k! If she'd won nothing, it would've been complete silence and crying of a different sort, but what a great result and pure theatre at the end there! Great game to see live! :D

I wonder if they'll show Helen's game, as that was hilarious to see live!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:14 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Well today's show means the HoF shows aren't restricted to this season's shows. I still felt the same about the forced ending as I did the first time round.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Eddie, that would have been Chivers in the snowman outfit! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I loved Kerry's game but I can't imagine what would have happened if she'd won nothing. The studio would probably have had its second flood after Adam! :)

(Though I can imagine some people thinking she was nothing but an over-emotional drama queen and saying "God it's only £900 you're gambling on £15k or nothing, its not going to change your life, you'd think she was gambling £90,000 given how much she was crying before the box got opened! :D )

I'm glad that twist was only used as a one-off though, it was so customised for that particular player to be really good but would be terrible if used frequently!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Ah, Claude. Another emotional game, except it just didn't go his way. Fantastic personality too.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

When was Claude's game - October 08?* Oldest one so far this run.

A tough game, not a lot of luck, but some unexpected generosity from the Banker (which didn't pay off either). As i recall opinion on here was somewhat divided about Claude at the time, his humour was a little abrasive and not everyone liked it.

Still an interesting game.

*The only reason i know that is because the gorgeous Karina was on the wings and i remember her playing on Halloween night

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]