Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

rico7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:20 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Stevie is lovely, and I was sad she didn't walk away with more. I was screaming at the TV for her to take the 21K offer as I felt the odds were not in her favour for it to increase. I do agree that contestants should offer measured advice, and not tell them that they are lucky and to just keep going unless they know something most other people don't! But regardless, it was still Stevie's decision to keep going.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:20 am    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
Stevie is lovely, and I was sad she didn't walk away with more. I was screaming at the TV for her to take the 21K offer as I felt the odds were not in her favour for it to increase. I do agree that contestants should offer measured advice, and not tell them that they are lucky and to just keep going unless they know something most other people don't! But regardless, it was still Stevie's decision to keep going.

I totally agree. poor stevie. wished she'd have taken the 21k but she played the game. Well done stevie anyway. shes taken home just over 1k and a nice bunch of red roses. At least she has some money unlike the 1p members. and she seemed to win over the banker, he did give some good offers.

albolton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:24 am    Author: albolton    Post subject:

Stevie was v good

Ian W

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:13 am    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Poor Stevie, I think personally I would not have taken 21k but i think i would have then taken 11k

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:21 am    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

That was one of the classic unfortunate games where the player should have come in with a set exit fee in their mind and bailed out.......... you can buy loads of Newcastle Brown Ale with over £20K......(says he who lost £5k in the time it takes to blink.......)

Just for the record £10K and I was out of there.........

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:25 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

£20k would be my "target amount", so I'd have been very tempted at £21k, especially knowing that taking out the £250k or maybe even the £100k would see a ridiculously large drop in the offer - which is what happened. But it was a strong board and I don't blame her at all for going on.

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:15 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

For the record guys!!!

Stevie is a good friend of mine and we had a conversation before the show and I knew exactly what Stevie wanted from the show. Its very easy to criticise me for telling Stevie to 'NO DEAL' at 21K and blame me for her losing the game.

That was hardly the case. Stevie went there to play the game!!! She went two further rounds after asking my opinion.

Making a comment like I hope you win 1P is stupid! Get a life!

Stupid comments without knowing the facts are a waste of time!

My opinion. I think Stevie is a fab lady with loads of spirit. She wanted to win well (dont we all) however, she wanted to play the game too!

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:23 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:D Well said Suzanne. I, for one, hope you screw the banker for loads!

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:26 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

Thank you so much Smooth Criminal.

That has really upset me.

I am made out to have lost Stevie her game. We are all friends and want everyone to win well.

I appreciate your support,

:D

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:31 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

When a player asks another one for advice, they can hardly be blamed for losing them thier game if it goes wrong afterwards. Also, I'm convinced Stevie would have 'kept going' anyway - even if you'd advised her to deal.

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:34 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

:D

You have hit the nail on the head.

Exactly right. There was no way she was stopping at that point!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:47 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Suzanne I know it wasn't your fault. :-)

I think it is very unfair how people can blame you just becasue you voiced your opinion. The editting didn't do you any favours either as it appeared you were the only person to tell Stevie to keep going...I bet if the game went the other way, everyone would be praising you for your advice but because it didn't they think they can crititze and put the blame on you for Stevie's decision...it isn't fair. :evil:

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:24 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

Lots edited.

However I wont take blame and stupid remarks from some who think I made her 'NO DEAL'

We all talk before shows so we can advise accordingly. Stevie is a friend and I would of wanted her to win the 250K!

No one wants any player to go away with a small sum of money. We form close ties and we all want everyone to do well.

I am the fall guy! Thats OK. Just dont appreciate comments like 'I hope she goes with 1P.'

I have said my piece and for most who know how the show works, like yourself, you will understand that editing reduces many, many other comments.

Sezzi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:43 am    Author: Sezzi    Post subject:

At the end of the the decision whether or not to deal or no deal has to lie with the contestant themselves. Like everyone I was really disappointed for Stevie but she played the game!

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:45 am    Author: Maud    Post subject:

nick wrote:
She would have won alot, but Suzanne opened her big gob with all this 'lucky day' nonsence.

I don't think the other 21 players should get involved in the players game. It's there game not yours, so shut your mouth.

Also something that's grating on me.
A player says, 'I've had 64 reds, and only 1 blue so far, so this is a red.' No it could be anything. The box doesn't have a brain, it could be another blue. It's like a coin flip. The law of averages is aload of hogwash.

You may have guessed I wanted Stevie to win alot. You'd be right. I hope Suzanne goes away with a penny. :evil:

Nick I understand that you were angry as you liked Stevie but it's not fair to take it out on Suzanne, it's not her fault.

louise23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 pm    Author: louise23    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
kestral wrote:
Stevie quickly says NO DEAL even before Noel can ask the question :-D

Suprised the banker never got a bit peed of like in Sandy's game :o

mmm

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:08 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject: Suzanne

I am horrified to think someone would blame Suzanne for Stevies decision what a load of twaddle Suzanne Rocks

Suez

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]