Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:08 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 3:08 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Warnings: 0
William's game was nice to watch again, a very likeable contestant who was clearly enjolying the experience and one of the funniest accidental inuendos from Lisa :oops: "I'd hate to see you go away with a blue Willy" And yes, that closing montage is a wonderful slice of nostalgia

Simon's game was a real classic, As soon as i clocked his wife i remembered why this one had been chosen - though perhaps its a bit odd that i recognised her faster than i did him . As i recall it was a little uncomfortable, even scarey to watch at the time not knowing exactly what we were watching but i do think it was the right thing to keep the cameras rolling. No doubt if they had cut the moment she fainted there would have been huge conspiracy theories raging about the outcome.

And given that was almost the exact same wing line up as for Callum's game it's amazing how different everyone looked :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:05 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I'm really enjoying these shows, picked for different reasons completely, and therefore I'd not be too surprised to see Reverend David's game being shown at some point :roll:

Anyway, my apologies for being away so far this summer. We will be starting the Forum Wing Line-Up Polls later today! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I really can't see why Slim, John and William have been included in this! They weren't even memorable. John's was just uncomfortable!

Good to see the rest of them though, especially Calum's. That was amazing.

Lets hope this week we have Corinne/Justin...or games that actually deserve to be in there...

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 am    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I'd love to see Corinne's. And, in fact, Richard's from May 2008 I've never seen - the forum might go into meltdown again though!

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:09 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

It were Big Ron's game today. I of course missed this game too being in the early stages of 2008.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

It was one of those rare games where big offers were made in early 2008. Of course the £80,675 offer with 10p and £250,000 left was a tad high given the overall offers at the time, but hey ho he only had 10p in his box! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Hadn't seen this one at the time so was good to watch it. I wasn't expecting it to be so emotional!

This was 2 games before Eunice played (good to see her again), and about a week and a half before Peter. I'm pretty sure Kelly had dark brown hair by Peter's game, yet she was blond here... :?

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:37 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

This was around when I stopped watching. Derek's game was the final game I watched apart from a few odd views of it until I started watching regularly shortly before Scrooge V Santa 2009.

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:26 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

T'was Dirk's game today. Very funny man, and probably the least depressing 1p win in the show.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Don't know why becuase Dirk was a legend, but I didn't find his show as amusing at it was when originally on for some odd reason. Probably becuase it didn't follow on from his great performnaces in the wings. Speaking of which I want Noel top pick h2005's game for this!!! :)

Still great to see someone take winning 1p so cheerfully - I think he was there for the fun of it rather than needing any money which is nice!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

SCDancing34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 pm    Author: SCDancing34    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

After a 1p win today, it looks like they'll be saving Corinne's game until next week.

Although they seem to be going more for the character with this year's HoF selection, as opposed to end result (car crash vs big wins), Corinne's definitely fits into both so I can't see it being missed out. I can see that being it for Series 5 ones though – Cheryl and Justin’s £75k wins weren’t that memorable and we’ll just have to wait and see for Ramesh.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:35 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Anyone else think that Corinnes game will be shown as the final one of the hall of fame shows on Fri 20th to build things up for the first show of season 6 on Mon 23rd ?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
International Forums Moderator

SCDancing34 wrote:
They seem to be going more for the character with this year's HoF selection, as opposed to end result (car crash vs big wins), Corinne's definitely fits into both so I can't see it being missed out.

I love how you described the game as a 'car crash' given her aim!!!

But yes, it seems like they listened to those of us (raises hand) who complained about the HoF being a thinly-disguised collection of games endorsing risk-taking last time around, and have picked a bunch of characters whose games definitely bear repeating. They got a few wrong, mind, but their heart was absolutely in the right place and for that I cannot applaud them enough.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:20 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Ah Mel's game. Coincidental that this was the last one game view I had during my DOND hiatus until started watching again regularly in December.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:24 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Mel's reaction to being picked was hilarious!

Interesting that she was studying social work, as I was actually teaching in a Health & Social Care department at the time this was shown, don't think any of my students had quite as much energy as her though!

Great game overall, and good to see this set of contestants again - a lot of them are probably better known for being dressed up like clowns during the Banker's Birthday week. I think Shell (microphone breaker! :bluelol ) was probably the most unrecognisable contestant to sit in the chair until Andy and Monique played during Easter...

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:20 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I thought Scarlet was pretty unrecognisable during Bankers birthday week myself.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

For me half the fun of watching this HoF games is seeing the old faces on the wings so the shocking thing about Big Ron's game was how few people i remembered, a few vaguely familiar faces (that bloke who looks a little bit like Dixon of Dock Green) but no-one really stood out for me, I think what i'm trying to say is that this particular time in the dream factory wasn't particularly memorable in terms of either games or contestants

Dirk's game on the other hand was great fun - though perhaps it lost something in being shown out of sequence. Some great comedy moments, a good line up on the wings and a fun contestant. Just a shame about the result. Those congratulatory messages seemed really odd given it was a repeat, wonder why they kept them in?

Mel's game was a bona fide classic, she was so vibrant and full of energy - loved that moment after her big win when she suddenlt realised "THat was a stupid thing to do" :laughing It was also great to see the likes of Scarlett Fever and the Laminator once again, though Shell's incident with the microphone was the standout moment from the wings on this occassion.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I loved Mel, her game, and the rest of the line-up actually, I'd been wishing it had been picked last year! It was a good time generally, I think most of the wingers then were the replacements of the people who were on the wings for h's game! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

No idea why Owain's game from Bonfire Night 2009 was chosen for the Hall of Fame shows.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I'm very surprised that Ramesh has not been picked yet! Come on Noel, it can't just be about fun characters (I do like a lot of them, though)

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]