Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:24 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 11:24 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Warnings: 0
A guy called John today. Looks like a summer episode from Noel's short sleeves.

"My favourite show is Doctor Who" - I so want this guy to win the £250k :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:45 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I wonder if games like Corrinne's or £75k Justin are going to be shown in this HoF series or whether Noel is going for personalities (which is understandable as that's what people who say DOND is just people opening boxes don't understand is the reason we watch it so avidly)

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

...oh. Well, not quite £250k then :|

What an odd game to repeat. I guess simply because of the emotion involved, but looking at the Today's Show thread it got quite the negative reaction on this forum - am not surprised after how depressing it was. Why did he No Deal the fifth offer if he was so upset? I guess he was just going to go to the end whatever.

Not as bad as some games there's been, but still a pretty awful show :(

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

So, my birthday week in June 2009 - the week which featured 75k Amy and Bluffing Ben. Yet they chose to show THIS one?!

I was actually a bit worried they might, after the end bit was shown prominently in the montage on New Year's Day (I felt sorry for him but it did make me cringe!). Still not sure why it's on here though, there wasn't any tension like at the end with other over-emotional games like Kerry's and Claude's - it was just a guy taking a trainwreck game badly, and any game where the only offer worth considering is £3,500 is only going one way for most people! If I'd watched it not knowing what was going to happen I'd have felt short-changed.

Anyone else notice Noel say John was in the West Wing in the intro then walk straight over to the East? :roll:

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I agree. This wasn't a very memorable game for me. I do feel like it was only emotional because he was indeed taking the trainwreck badly. I only ever really like the emotion when he comes in a big money game. This was just disasterous.

Noel mentioned Amy's name, and you just brought her up now Brick. I really hope he repeats Amy's game. I missed that game because I was performing that day (it was on my birthday too, there is no way I could forget.) I hear the feedback from her game was quite good though, so I do hope it's repeated.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

The only good thing about the game was Pauline.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Amy's game was repeated last summer, though it wasn't presented as HOF as such. Can't see it being repeated again sadly.

I'm going to have to watch on 4OD to hear why Noel picked John for this. If he wanted a trainwreck I thought he'd have picked Derek Brown or Nikki Tucker! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

A game memorable for a 2 second soundbite from the contestant only (and Pauline's flirting with Noel)

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I still find the end speech very uncomfortable viewing.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Currently watching it on 4OD. God, he's annoying (even before the game collapses) the way he says "sir" all the time to men opening boxes, and indeed to Noel!!

(But as a plus point Rachel looks amazing, and Kerry too!!)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I found that a very uncomfortable game to watch, ended up skimming through most of it this time around.

I feel i should really be rooting for John as a fellow DW fan but while i found the emotion in Kerry's game extremely powerful and affecting, here it just felt...awkward. Certainly not a game i would have chosen to watch again.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

God, I've seen happier funerals. :)

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
International Forums Moderator

Didn't John end his game with an Edmondsian/Wakeyist spin remark of "don't let this stop you from gambling yourself" even as it was quite clear that he did indeed have regrets? Recap seems to imply as much :S

I was going to look and wonder how it affected future players but then I remembered Corinne was about to play!!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Corrinne wasn't in this one KP, this game was from last June, although Emma who was on the wings took a similar gamble on a smaller scale (no dealt on a £50/£75k finish and won the blue). Among that 22 were a few more blue wins and deals with varying levels of success, including Dan who got a 3rd offer outright win - the last we ended up seeing of those for a while afterwards! Difficult to say if this game did have much more of an impact than others I guess.

I suppose it was good that John told other players not to let his game influence theirs, saved Noel some of the effort, don't really think it made things any more bearable in the studio at the time or for us watching at home though. Let's hope for a better game tomorrow. It'd be great to see H2005's game repeated, I didn't get to see it at the time and it'd certainly do to remind everyone how much fun the show can be!!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

John said "Go and spank that banker for me". Sadly only 3 of the other 21 waiting players did just that under normal means (Jehad, and then Dan and Pat who were on their 2nd and 1st games respectively). Kerry got an OPW as well but that was far from normal circumstances. ;-)

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:01 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

A comparatively old episode today - William's from July 2008, the last show of Season 3. Not as good as the season finales either side (Asim's and Calum's) but still nice to see again.

Surprisingly unedited too, including all mentions of it being the end of Season 3, and that absolutely cringeworthy final montage to 'Perfect' by Fairground Attraction, which was filmed over a couple of weeks so you had contestants months apart from each other singing along - from Tommii and Clayton to Derek and Em. Still wish they'd have done it for the whole of Season 3 so it went back all the way to the days of Brian and Siobhan...

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:04 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

That is actually my favourite montage. I don't know why I love it so much, with some of the season 3 contestants dancing. It's jolly.

The game I found to be very mediocre though.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:31 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

To be honest I thought William had no idea what he was doing but I thought that a far better choice than yesterday even though it was still a surprise. Rather see someone obviously having fun and not taking it too seriously unlike someone crying like John.

When they are going to pick some women? There's only been Kerry so far in 9 games!

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

£35k Simon today. A game I missed first time around, so I'm glad they repeated it. Of course, this game was memorable for Simon's other half Angela fainting just as Simon was going to answer to the Banker's gamble.

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Yet another man, but a pretty incredible moment in the show's history - I imagine the only reason it wasn't repeated last year was because it was too recent.

The faint would have been quite the moment in itself, but for him to No Deal *and* win £35,000 was jaw-dropping! Listen out for the extended music too up to the box open, very rarely heard except in games like this and Orry's!

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]