Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:39 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:39 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

taff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Warnings: 0
Definitely one of my favourite games ever.
I do remember he won 40K but couldn't remember what he had in his box.
A classic to match my other favourite - Chris from Halloween 2007.

steppingmoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:55 pm    Author: steppingmoon    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

steppingmoon wrote:
I hope they show Callam's game. His was the last game of the last series. I missed the original and the repeat 3 months later. I know there is part 3 on the other website, but I would like to see the whole game. Maybe another member has a copy.

Wow, Channel 4 must have read my post yesterday. What a great game.
I thought his mother treated him like a child though & is proabably why he is like he is.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:09 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

God, i'm exhausted just watching that. Definately one of the all time classic games, an incredibly energetic likeable contestant and a great feelgood ending.

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:38 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

The original thread for Calum's game (first broadcast on July 24th, 2009) can be viewed HERE.

Has to be said, the ice cream flavours were a bit suspect for the last show of the season, but after a game like that, who cares really...

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:59 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Brick wrote:
Has to be said, the ice cream flavours were a bit suspect for the last show of the season, but after a game like that, who cares really...

I can't stand Neapolitan (hate how the flavours mix when it starts to melt), but I absolutely LOVE banana ice cream and it's always really hard to find! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:07 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I was going to sit down and watch Peter's game but then I spotted Angela, who came onto the old Channel 4 forum and was a nasty piece of work to a number of people there and in the show (if the rumours are to be believed). Anyone recall that who was on Channel 4's forum??

Posh Paws

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: Posh Paws    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Hi Kaled, I don't remember Angela coming on the Channel4 forum - what was her User ID, can you remember that? I think I remember her game - did it all go wrong and she got very emotional?

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Well I would never have thought Slim would have got picked for this, but I'm pleased they seem to be going for characters over big gambles!

Seeing the rest of the line-up does remind me of bad times for the show (which was probably made worse by this forum being the worst it's ever been around then with contestants reacting badly to harsh comments made), with people like Nikki Tucker, big squanderers like Louise, Carol and Scruffy Lance, Doom-mongers Derek and Les, Brian who sold a mug to the banker for nearly £4,000.......but on the plus side some other great characters like Em, Posh Charles, Reg who was the oldest contestant before Joe, Chris who had a surprise £15k box win out of nowhere!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Posh Paws wrote:
Hi Kaled, I don't remember Angela coming on the Channel4 forum - what was her User ID, can you remember that? I think I remember her game - did it all go wrong and she got very emotional?

Not sure about the C4 forum but I think she was known as 'Spangyflange' on here. You're spot on about her game - she won £100, was inconsolable and Noel really looked like he didn't want to be there - something which seemed to happen quite a few times over the next few weeks that followed!

I do seem to recall her and another contestant on this forum laying into someone else who'd been on the show at the same time as them.

I was surprised to see Slim's game repeated too. I agree with James that this was an era where a lot was going wrong with the show - I think that a lot of contestants from season 3 struggled with being on the show. This was down to any number of reasons. The credit crunch is often mentioned, but at the time it did also feel like people were thinking more about the outside experience of DOND - meeting new people, partying - and had drifted a bit from the game itself. Hence your name being called out, standing there with all the cameras, audience, EVERYONE looking at you - no wonder a good few people's brains turned to jelly. Particularly after we'd had the 'wakey winter' of season 2 where standing in front of all those people and turning down huge sums of money looked almost easy. The game itself hadn't and hasn't changed of course, but I do think a lot of contestants from that season were less prepared for the whole occasion compared to the first 2 seasons, and the 2 seasons that have followed.

Phew! I hope that made some sense, I'd been thinking about that season in comparison to others for a while now (apologies if it still all seems complete gibberish, I fall over my words at the best of times :oops: ). In a way I could compare it with Weakest Link, which I used to watch a lot - a couple of years into the show's run, there was a time where the amounts won seemed to drop and tactical voting seemed to become a lot more prevalent than it had been. I suppose there's always going to be a few 'stagefright' episodes with DOND, but there are eras where it's much more prevalent than others, and the latter half of season 3 was probably where it was most at the forefront.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I think it was Emma (who stood next to Peter) who Angela was quite scathing about. Why I've no idea, but I know I liked Emma on the show a lot more than Angela....:)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:46 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

That was an odd game to chose,i have to agree though I think i enjoyed it more at the time - seeing it now out of context it's hard to recall the relationship that Slim had with the Banker. Some games benefit from having got to know the contestants in the days & weeks beforehand and i think this is one of those. In isolation it just seems like another game where the player deals one round too soon, but i'm sure there was more to it

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I too was shocked to see Noel choose Slim's game, but it's nice to see that he's choosing games based on the character rather than what they win. Saying that, I would quite like him to throw a few big victories in there as I found Slim's game quite boring to watch at times due to his board collapsing.

I quite enjoy seeing all the people on the wings again too through these hall of fame shows.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 am    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Oh lord, this was an awful time for the show - everyone just seemed really really depressed. Games like Colleen's and Karl's just consisted of the player crying literally through their entire show, and after Slim went it was even worse - I think the £250k was on the table for three shows in a row or something and the forum was going into absolute meltdown.

You had the occasional good one - Del didn't win much but for someone to actually go to the end and win a low red was incredible given the lack of luck going on, and then there was Les who only seemed to be telling players to Deal on the wings (although this was due to selective editing, according to Les) only to be one of the biggest No Dealers ever. But seeing Slim's game just reminded me of how bad the show was at the time, I stopped watching again for ages.

It was also the beginning of when the silly costumes/themed episodes began to get a bit OTT...the Summer Specials had Noel dressed up for the first time I think, and from then on things went insane with gimmicky subgames and costumes so detailed you had no idea who the players were.

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:58 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Andrew's game today, with his £50k win. A great game from the recent series, Andrew was a great character and it was good to see him win such a big amount of money.

I won't be shocked to see Michelle's game tomorrow now. In fact, if they are planning to show Michelle's game, it would make sense to do it tomorrow because what made it a great game was how strikingly similar it was to Andrews game.

matt26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Indeed. The fact that it was the first time ever that there had been two Wakey power 5 wins in a row was brilliant enough, but both of them involved getting it via swapping away a blue. And in Andrew's game, Michelle was the one who had the 50k that he swapped for!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
International Forums Moderator

You can't not pair those games up, really.

For some reason reading that it was Andrew's game reminds me of reading about it in Eastgate Shopping Centre in Basildon. That or Michelle's game anyway. Think it was the latter. Didn't particularly want to be reminded of that place, but certainly an extraordinary pair of games that both belong in this Hall of Fame - and like James1978 and seemingly others, I'm absolutely made up that this sort of game hasn't dominated the repeats!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:08 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I had never saw the game, what a lovely contestant Katie was. I started watching again after I gave up during the Angela and Slim Days of Series 3 on Harry's game. Katie was so positive and wise.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:01 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

A great game, bizarre to think it all hinged on a lucky rabbit :-D Andrew was really positive and likeable and you couldn't help but root for him.

I'd actually forgotten about Katie :oops: so it was great to see her on the wings again - that's a game that deserves repeating as well - and one of Abbie's first appearances too

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
International Forums Moderator

Yes, Katie's was a fabulous and well-played game that deserved far better than to be in the shadows of the complete freak game that was Corinne's!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

unclekevo wrote:
I had never saw the game, what a lovely contestant Katie was. I started watching again after I gave up during the Angela and Slim Days of Series 3 on Harry's game. Katie was so positive and wise.

You're dead right about Katie. I know Abbie at the time was so popular with most straight guys on here, but I thought Katie was tons more attractive (and a better personality too)!

Loved Andrew's game anyway. What I couldn't stop laughing at that obviously I didn't notice at all at the time was how Corinne (probably the most well-known contestant in the 22) was really quiet but she just seemed to be constantly grinning, probably becuase she liked how Andrew played the game, I guess most of us didn't have a clue what we were in for a few days later! :D

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]