Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:03 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:03 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:13 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Warnings: 0
Yep it sure is Corinne's game.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

We all knew it was coming!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:37 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Very surprised £75k Justin's game wasn't included. Not long until my next pilgrimage appearance now though.

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Well £75k Justin was in February, and as was duly noted they haven't included any games from 2010.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:05 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

"Would you like to ask me the question?"

"NO!" :laughing

Good job I watched that in bed, saved me needing a lie down afterwards! You could tell just how much it got to everyone in the studio except Corrinne - the middle rounds when everyone was opening their box very slowly (for fear of having the biggie), and even the hip hip hoorays at the end sounded exhausted!

When Orry's game was shown last year, someone did post that it could be seen as either bravery unrewarded or recklessness punished, and you could say the same here, but either way, credit to Corrinne for taking her failed gamble so graciously, and I'm sure she is wearing her penny pendant with pride...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I'm just shocked at the bad reception she's seemed to receive online over on the Facebook fan page...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

You can hardly blame her for going all the way. Her dream cost £200,000 and no amount of statistics is going to give her that money. Whilst it was possible to get that, she bloody well chased it.

Exciting game it was too.

SCDancing34

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 pm    Author: SCDancing34    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Although predictable, Corinne's game was definitely the way to end the Hall of Fame :D!

She made it quite clear throughout the game that she regarded the outcome of the game to be solely a chance of getting 'that' car, and she wasn't really considering everything else in monetary terms - basically she was happy to go home with the 1p, which is fair enough.

As regards memorable games, this is the standard to beat - Series 6 listen up! 

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Well several sources, including Noel himself on the new series plugs, has described this first week of the new series as "unmissable" - so bring it on!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

We can only hope

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Predictable yes, but neccessary. That game is a classic, one that will never be repeated.

Even though I knew the outcome, I still felt tense watching it. Similar in that respects to Alice's game then...

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Corinne's "Is it 1p?" question at the end of the show is never going to be beaten in terms of daft questions contestants have asked.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:06 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I found Corrine's game uncomfortable to watch at the time, knowing how it turns out and that she had no regrets about the outcome makes it somewhat more palletable, but i would hate for all contestants to be like that.
Given that there were only two amounts Corrine wanted to win it's an incredible coincidence that those two amounts were in play right to the end. I do wonder if one or both had gone would she have done things differently?

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:50 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

DDRickyDD, Olly was reckless and cocky, his game was just rubbish.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:47 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Enjoyed seeing H's game again x

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]