Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:25 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 4:25 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:19 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Warnings: 0
Some twits from Twitter...

Quote:

Quote:

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

And some more...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:32 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

steppingmoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:38 pm    Author: steppingmoon    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Some of this year's summer break repeats are not as 'classic' as last year. I remember the banana boy who is on now was so irritating that I switched off, and have done so again today. How this one can be classed as a 'best of' game is beyond me.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:44 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Ha ha! This one's from the actual Banker!

Quote:

jsf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:48 pm    Author: jsf    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

This is David H2005 our administrator steppingmoon!!! :-D

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Wayyy! Good show, especially considering I missed it first time around. Sure enough, Noel has gone for characters and a well played game from David there. Congrats on getting into the hall of fame H! :-D

If the advert for next season is anything to go by, then I think we can safely bet on Corrine being the final game of the Hall of fame. Obvious really.

Muriel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

On watching this game again it's reminded me of what an attractive young man David is. On reflection though David, I'm sorry if this disappoints you, but I really don't think things would work between us.
It's true you certainly have a nice wayof filling a pair of slacks but I think the age difference between us might eventually be a problem.
Also I have now become very cautious after being used and then turned down by a certain young man from Hull.

When is administrator Jimmy going to post his photo? Maybe there could be something on the cards here if you're a little nearer my age. ;)

tophertown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm    Author: tophertown    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Was nice seeing david's game today, but the hall of fame has been lacking in classic deal scenarios :(
HAS to be corrinne's game tomorrow!!
can't wait for the new series!
x

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:53 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Was awesome to see H's game again, such a surreal game but a brilliant one nonetheless.

But seriously, it MUST be Corinne's game tomorrow...surely??!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks everyone (including steppingmoon). I must admit I was surprised when I was informed my show had been selected for the hall of fame repeats - but surprised in a nice way!

A rare thing is about to happen - a link to a page on the official site being posted here!! (Don't ban me kestral!!!!) ;)

http://blog.dealornodeal.co.uk/?p=599

It's almost as if I was asked to write that in advance, isn't it?

Anyway thanks to the producers (sorry, I mean Noel) for choosing my show for the hall of fame, and thanks to the website team for inviting me to write that blurb and for posting that nice pic of Steve and I on there. :-D :D

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I'm a bit behind with these...

Geraint's game on Tuesday was good, worth seeing again as he was probably the only real 'character' on the wings at the time after Constance left, and even then his game had probably been a bit forgotten about as it was just before Keran's!

I was surprised Pat was picked, her relationship with her grandson didn't seem as significant in the game as Noel made it out to be, but thinking back, the episode was probably just very much of its time - it was just after 2 blue wins, would have been very tense in the studio, and to have got £18k out of a game where most people would have got four figures at best was certainly an impressive feat. Summer 2009 certainly had its fair share of tinkers, a lot of games having offers after every box, banker's gambles or even both!

(I used to have the exact same glasses as Pat's grandson. Just had to add that.)

And finally onto H2005's game - didn't get to watch it first time round so was very pleased to finally watch it all today. The producers obviously decided to play it for laughs and full marks to David for taking it in his stride! Plus he didn't lose track of the game and got out at a sensible time with a good offer.

Corinne's game is most likely to be seen tomorrow - must admit I wasn't expecting it to be left until last, but I imagine it was probably the most tense game of the last season, and that is one of the things that keep people coming back...

Incidentally, am I right in thinking no games from 2010 have been included in the Hall Of Fame? Don't think that's indicative of the quality of the games this year, they're probably just saving them for the next summer break when they'll seem less recent, which is fair enough.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

That H guy is quite hot and im sure he'd scrub up well with a good tidy haircut :laughing.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Who's this? Some weird guy with two bananas? Boring game. Nah really it was hilarious and very entertaining.

Love ya really H :lol:

SCDancing34

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 pm    Author: SCDancing34    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I did think about a week ago whether H's game would be shown, seeing as they were doing it by character this year (instead of game outcomes I suppose). Anyway, congrats on making it to the "Hall of Fame" :D.

Anyway, I think we can be 99% sure that Corinne's game is in store for tomorrow. She manages to make it into every single montage since her game was show so I'd be amazed if it wasn't - she's even in the clip shown over the past few days advertising the new series! But as it's been mentioned above, we've gone the whole four weeks without a single 2010 game - I'm not sure whether that's a bit disheartening seeing as I've only really watched every episode since Christmas 2009, but I just hope that they're saving the games they regard as memorable for next year - there's been quite a few characters so far this year hasn't there? :eyes:

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

As far as 2010 is concerned, I was hoping to see re-runs of Haz and Jean's games. But I reckon they are probably saving them until next year. Also, the HOF is a good opportunity to relive old games, and obviously we've just seen the game from the past 7 months. Give us a bit of a chance to forget them before being shown them again.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:00 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Sometimes i really wonder where they find these contestants :roll:

In all seriousness it was nice to see H's game again, a game with plenty of humour, not just from the star but from the wings as well. I'd forgotten it was David who first introduced us to Dirk's Huka and all that stuff with the bananas :laughing

gemini1949

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:30 pm    Author: gemini1949    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

great show again today, i still havent heard anything even tho i offered to make the banker dinner on my application, includig home made apple pie!!! lol :laughing

DDRickyDD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 am    Author: DDRickyDD    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Why didn' they show Olly Murs' (From X-Factor fame) game. Perhaps they will show his game today.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I really wasn't expecting them to show David's game again and I'm kicking myself I didn't tape it for my archive! Shame they missed off one of the funniest bits at the start (Noel pointing at all the men on the East Wing saying "And here we have a coward"!), but as bonus one of the funniest bits I never realised was when half the West Wing followed Dirk doing his war dance, how funny did Linz look doing it in fluffy pink boots? :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]