Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Warnings: 0
Owain's game was an odd one - that was only last year right? It must have been the hats & scarves because i had real trouble recognising/remembering the faces on the wings, though a lot of the name badges were familiar

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Owain's game was an odd one - that was only last year right? It must have been the hats & scarves because i had real trouble recognising/remembering the faces on the wings, though a lot of the name badges were familiar

Yep. They mentioned the 4th anniversary show so must have been 2009.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 am    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Owain's game was a weird choice as the only stand out moment I noticed was Noel calling him a level student. Nice to see Bibs again though. Loved her during the More 4 repeats of her time on the wings.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Maybe it was the novelty value of him being the youngest ever contestant or something.

I was just glad it was this one, it may not have been great but when Noel talked about Bonfire Night I was worried they were going to show Martin's game from the year before! :unsure

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

I thought it was worth showing for the "Noel bingo" and Debs trying to do a Geordie accent and ended up sounding Scottish (my mum LOATHED Debs for some odd reason! :) )

Oh and Mary of course!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:24 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Oh I loved Debs, she was nice. Strange that we see a player on the wings the day after seeing their game being aired :lol:

Strange that I recognise most of the players on the wings despite not seeing the games when they originally aired but during repeats. Hollyoaks fans, does anyone else think that Sarah on the wings looks like Jem Costello, Gilly's ex-fianceé? Oh and spooky how two contestants on the wings ended up on the 1p barge.

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Loved £35k Laura's game which was repeated today. If I remember correctly, it was around about this time when nobody had won a power 5 amount from the box for a fair while.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:07 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Ah yes, the other contestant called Laura who got a power 5 box win!

Indeed, on its own it's easy to forget this followed on from September where almost every player crashed and burned (it was one of the worst months in terms of payouts ever!), and while October's players had fared a little better, we hadn't had a 'mega money' win in a while, and this was just what the doctor ordered methinks! The win aside, there was also great banter with Noel getting the wing names wrong, Harold the duck and the slightly worrying revelation Laura had never heard of the Battle of Hastings...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Oh i loved that game, odd for them to show two games from the same 'era' back to back though. I was trying to work out how long before Owains game that would have aired by counting how many faces on the wings were there for both games but I couldn't do it.

Great game though, i loved Bubbly little Laura and her infectious giggle, and her strange affection for Harold the Duck.
And some people do have a strange blind spot over history, I worked with a girl once who thought the Battle of Hastings was when the Romans invaded :shock: , another time she told me she'd seen this history programme on the TV where tanks in London ran over some protesters - took me a few moments to work out she meant Tianamen Square.

SCDancing34

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:03 pm    Author: SCDancing34    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Oh i loved that game, odd for them to show two games from the same 'era' back to back though. I was trying to work out how long before Owains game that would have aired by counting how many faces on the wings were there for both games but I couldn't do it.

Great game though, i loved Bubbly little Laura and her infectious giggle, and her strange affection for Harold the Duck.
And some people do have a strange blind spot over history, I worked with a girl once who thought the Battle of Hastings was when the Romans invaded :shock: , another time she told me she'd seen this history programme on the TV where tanks in London ran over some protesters - took me a few moments to work out she meant Tianamen Square.

I think Owain's game was about a fortnight after Laura's (or there abouts). I'm surprised they didn't show them the other way around, considering how close together the two shows were originally aired - it seemed strange having the person whose game had just been show back in the wings again. Regardless, I thought Laura's was a great game to show again, made more sense than Owain's (it wasn't that memorable of a game was it?!).

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Laura's game was a breath of fresh air, someone went to the end and the luck payed off for once! Season 6 needs more games and contestants like this

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:55 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

What's going on? That's three shows in a row now less than a month apart.

For those who haven't seen it today's "Hall of Fame" game was David's game from Halloween week 2009 - so it would have been about midway between Laura and Owain's games. To be honest I'm getting a bit fed up with seeing the same faces every day :|

Not a bad choice though, the Banker was very clever.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Playing at this time of year involves a lot of dressing up, what with Halloween, the birthday show AND Bonfire Night. Considering the players who were there for all 3 games looked significantly different each time, the producers probably thought it made sense to show them back-to-back (even though they haven't all seemed like good choices to repeat).

David's game then... Well, considering the £40k was more than twice what he'd been offered at that point (wonder why that was...), it wasn't exactly a bad deal for the board, although he got a hard time afterwards for it apprently being obvious the banker had seen the £250k. Indeed, this game is probably best known for the summary Noel gave of it the following day...

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Absolutely HATED David's game despite the fact I liked him and he won a large amount......Yes he was such an idiot to risk £40k on calling the banker's bluff Noel, you fool! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Gerraint's game - when was that? November 2008 judging by the wing line up (I remember Sam's time on the wing overlapping with that of Karina who played on Halloween night - Karina wasn't there so it was after October 31st :D )

Sherlock Holmes eat your heart out.

A great show a player with a wonderful,outgoing personallity, a strong board and some clever offers from the Banker. who cares if it wasn't a player victory, £31k is a pretty good result in anyones book

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Ah, November/December 2008. Now there's a DoND era that I remember fondly. And Geraint was a brilliant player. Good money won, and a brilliant personality.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Whoever's game is shown today will be only the second game shown on my birthday. Last year it was Orry..

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Happy birthday Tom, hope Pat's game was a good choice.

I quite enjoyed that game, plenty of tension and she got out just in time. I'd forgotten about the prank with the make-up Ladies, i seem to recall they got their own back on the guys in the next days show :laughing

Oh and how gorgeous was Lois, I can't believe i'd forgotten about her

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Our very own H2005's game makes it into Noel's Hall of Fame today :D

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Summer Break - Noel's Hall of Fame/Repeats

Well done H, on getting picked for the Hall of Fame :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]