Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 17/05 De

Warnings: 0
Aw poor De :(, such a lovely lady and a great character. I think this wasn't helped by the fact that Noel nearly influenced her decision by constantly saying she had the 35 grand when it was unlikely that she did.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 17/05 De

crazyeddie wrote:
Just to emphasise how bad her game was, the chances of having 9 blues and 1 red at 10-box is 605/646646, or less than 1/1000. Or one-in-a-cowsand. Ahem.

True, although since having 10 blues only would be an even worse situation, the more relevant probability to be quoting here to illustrate the unluckiness of the 10-box board is actually 616/646646. I am pedantic.

(Although that's less than 1/1000.)

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/05 De

Simon F wrote:
I wonder after this game, whether the Muller sponsorship seemed a good idea.

I can see it being on there for a bit more and then replaced, if necessary

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:38 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/05 De

Oh my, what a shocker :shock: Absolutely nothing she could've done to avoid that, save taking a cautious £2,500, which I wouldn't have blamed her for given the way the game was panning out. I think that's the first time we've had 9 blues and a red, although we've had the reverse of that with someone whose name currently escapes me... :ponder:

Not a lot more to say, except that De was a fun contestant if slightly zany in her obsession with cows, and didn't deserve such misfortune.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:58 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/05 De

Awful game, incredible bad luck throughout and just when you think it can't get any worse...De swaps boxes to ensure a 1p win.

Thought the 5 box offer was a reasonable get-out, perhaps some people (who don't need a calculator and twenty minutes head start to work out the averages) will say it was a bit low but with a 60% chance of taking out the last red in the final round definately worth considering. No shame in carrying on either though.

Just one of those games.

matt26

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:06 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 17/05 De

StatsMan wrote:
Oh my, what a shocker :shock: Absolutely nothing she could've done to avoid that, save taking a cautious £2,500, which I wouldn't have blamed her for given the way the game was panning out. I think that's the first time we've had 9 blues and a red, although we've had the reverse of that with someone whose name currently escapes me... :ponder:

That would be Sheran from early 2007. At 10-box she had 1p versus every red except 3k and 250k. Funnily enough she had the penny all along!

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Thought the 5 box offer was a reasonable get-out, perhaps some people (who don't need a calculator and twenty minutes head start to work out the averages) will say it was a bit low but with a 60% chance of taking out the last red in the final round definately worth considering. No shame in carrying on either though.

I was expecting her to take 2.5k actually. I don't know, she just gave off this air that she was going to. At 5-box there were 3 possible combinations:

- 40% chance of around 10-11k (blue/35k finish).
- 15% chance of a half-decent consolation prize (£500)
- 45% chance of pocket change

In a sense, the question was 'Would you like a 40% chance of 10k and a 60% chance of a blue win, or a 100% certainty of 2.5k?' For me, I'd definitely have gone for the former. I'd need somewhere along the lines of 3.5-4k minimum to deal there.

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]