Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:02 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:02 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Gareth with box 21 contains the £10,000

Spiro says the £3,000 is a lot of money, and he would have liked to have played on but couldn't take the risk of such a drop.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

...but he would've won 50p, I guess this is what you would call a TPW

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

kestral wrote:
Lets try and keep the zing going says Noel. We hear the Banker laughing down the phone!

Banker's offer:

£200

Not exactly in 'rewarding a brave no deal' mode.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

Oh that was really unlucky at 5 box, but hey at least it's a banker beating.

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

killersbee wrote:
...but he would've won 50p, I guess this is what you would call a TPW

It's actually a fairly big TBW

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

Well that wasn't half a reality check after yesterday from a similar but slightly weaker 8-box position, but I don't blame him for his £20k no-deal as he took the round from hell perfectly on the chin, and still really appreciated the £3,000 he managed to scrape out of it. On another day he could just as easily have missed the two biggies and got himself a big 5-box offer.

People who do tend to play the dayafter massive wins so seem to struggle though!! (well except Billy after Lauren and one or two others :) )

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro
International Forums Moderator

At least he took the crash well, and got a £3k bailout. I can't help but wonder how much Ramesh's game influenced him though.

Incidentally, is that the only time - other than Alex pulling off "the Banker's perfect start" - the opening round has consisted of five adjacent amounts on the board? The probability, if I've got this right, is about 1 in 1549 (being exact, 17 in 26334).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

KP wrote:
At least he took the crash well, and got a £3k bailout. I can't help but wonder how much Ramesh's game influenced him though.

Incidentally, is that the only time - other than Alex pulling off "the Banker's perfect start" - the opening round has consisted of five adjacent amounts on the board? The probability, if I've got this right, is about 1 in 1549 (being exact, 17 in 26334).

It's 1 in 1463 (18 in 26334) I think and today's show shows what a fallacy the banker's perfect round is in terms of being ideal for the contestant. If he'd hit 3 blues instead of the 3 oranges, the 5 box would have been a lot better.

A gambler the day after a huge win is always dangerous and my feelings about 2-box games at 8 box are pretty well documented on here.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Spiro

Unlucky really. The 8 box gamble was a worthwhile risk i thought, and Spiro was extremely unlucky to take out both the big reds in the next round

It could have been a lot worse of course, but it could also have been a lot better. Credit to Spiro for taking it in his stride.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]