Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Warnings: 0
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

Now is it just me or did anyone else think of the Monty Hall problem at this point? I just had this gut feeling when the red cat was proved to not be the one that Brenda should change her mind and go for the yellow.

Except that Noel didn't know where the happy cat was and Brenda chose to have the red one revealed first.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:53 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Simon F wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

Now is it just me or did anyone else think of the Monty Hall problem at this point? I just had this gut feeling when the red cat was proved to not be the one that Brenda should change her mind and go for the yellow.

Except that Noel didn't know where the happy cat was and Brenda chose to have the red one revealed first.

True but he also (sort of) offered her the chance to change her mind, so conciously or not he was echoing the MHP.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

True but he also (sort of) offered her the chance to change her mind, so conciously or not he was echoing the MHP.

I think it was more of making certain of the 2nd colour she chose.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

It seems we can't go through Easter without an extremely low (in this case literally worthless) win, and as soon as she won the £5,000 from the box, I feared a Daimon-style gamble with the cats. Although, in fact, it was a lot more generous than his offer and far more worth going for, unlucky to hit the 33% chance but I'm sure most people would take it on with 2 cats to choose (but almost certainly not with just one).

Winning nothing must be absolutely crushing for her, and for some reason it seems to have a far greater psychological impact on a player than winning a low blue. I suppose it creates that extra 'humiliation' (for want of a better word) in that you've failed to win the full amount range of the board, and that the game in a sense feels 'void'. Shame as she really got into character for the theme and seemed to be enjoying the experience up to that point. Truly unlucky.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

sorry missed your game brenda how much you win ????

Phil 09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

0p.

How strange that the same namesake can win (or not win maybe!) the same amount twice? :o

Not the way to end on what was 'fairly' reasonable Easter Specials.

Phil.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

KP wrote:
Me-owch!!

An anti-Donna game. This could influence the players for some time to come.

It didn't influence Ramesh at least! :)

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]