Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 16/12 Gillian

Warnings: 0
Yes, I think most would've cut their losses at 5-box (me included) if not before at 11-box, but it was not a totally unjustified decision to go on if you're prepared to gamble on a red/ blue finish if the offer isn't that strong. Gillian, it seemed from the outset, was prepared to go to the end (and quite prepared for the outcome), and we were all hoping for the 50k/75k finish and it was absolutely devastating to instead face the worst possible finish!

But hey, it was an entertaining game in the studio, maybe the edit didn't fully capture this, but I enjoyed it (up until 5-box and the crash anyway!). Anyway, it was a late end to proceedings after this show, finishing at 9pm!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:33 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 16/12 Gillian

Wow. There's a tale of two halves for you: a bright, funny, light-hearted start to the game with nothing higher than £10K leaving the game in the first two boxes, and then all of a sudden - like a satellite falling out of orbit, a total freefall, capped off with the nightmare finish. At that point, infamy is all you really have to play for.

To address James' contention of £12K not being good enough for a final offer, you couldn't expect the Banker to offer much more than that. (I was actually expecting an offer of £10K, myself.) That's close to 20% the top amount on the board, and not only was there a 30% chance of disaster, but all three blues remaining were in the bottom five. Heck, a less bubbly player would've probably gotten an offer of £6K or £7K on that board.

I know I get on a lot of people's cases for dealing at 11-box, but that £15K stick actually looked very dealable to me, especially on the heels of a £285K round. This was certainly the type of game that a cautious player should've played, not someone who was determined to play to the end and showed clear cavalierness about the Banker's money.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:07 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 16/12 Gillian

Was I right in hearing Noel say "We haven't had anyone join the 1p club for a while" or words to that effect? Are you sure about that Noel...

Anyway, a bit of a rollercoaster game. Starting off so well, then awful luck. £12,000 was a decent enough offer for the 5-box, but when she no dealt it, I sensed a blue win due to the time. Didn't think it was going to be the 1p though..

Is that 9 1p members this year?

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:44 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 16/12 Gillian

It is :cry: I think the 1p box has only been sold about 3 times this year, and swapped away twice!

Wasn't there something like 9 members in 2006 as well?

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:34 pm    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 16/12 Gillian

Tom wrote:
"We haven't had anyone join the 1p club for a while"

Thank goodness "a while" can be of indeterminate length. Kinda like the first day of creation. ;)

bb67

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:15 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 16/12 Gillian

Very unfortunate result that.

I´d have dealt at 12,000 defo. can´t belive we have another member of the 1p club and so soon after Corrine. :(

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]