Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:05 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:05 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:52 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
He had the £500, but shock horror, box 1 was picked and it had the £5,000 in.

Mark sounds Liverpudlian to me, and its a shame there isn't anymore of him shown.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:53 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
He had the £500, but shock horror, box 1 was picked and it had the £5,000 in.

Mark souns Liverpudlian to me, and its a shame there isn't anymore of him shown.

Whatever gave that away? The incredibly thick Scouse accent? ;)

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:53 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Yes, and I'm too used to hearing it, it's annoying.

seanyuk85

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 pm    Author: seanyuk85    Post subject:

he had £500 pound on cos me, my mum and dad play asilly game where if were watching dond whoever picks the box with the lowest amount in has to make the rest a cuppa. sad i know but hey who cares

MEMBER OF THE SUEZAN FAN CLUB

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:55 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
Yes, and I'm too used to hearing it, it's annoying.

As someone with a Scouse accent himself, I don't care for that remark :!:

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:56 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

All my family except me have it so I should know how annoying it is. It sounds like you're about to spit all the time!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:57 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
All my family except me have it so I should know how annoying it is. It sounds like you're about to spit all the time!

Try living in Wales. Real hardcore Welsh speakers sound like they have half a pint of phlegm in the back of their throats....

Mark's accent is a very strong variant of the Scouse accent, though - not many Liverpudlians speak with that strong a twang.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:59 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I have a bit of a Welsh accent myself. My sister says it makes me sound posh! :?

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:02 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
I have a bit of a Welsh accent myself. My sister says it makes me sound posh! :?

"A bit of a Welsh accent" is fine - i.e. Rich today. Real hardcore Welsh speakers, who actually speak the language Welsh, have such a gutteral intonation that it sounds like they're trying to retch something up from their lower intestine. It's not the most romantic of accents.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:04 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

True, mine's only slight because it's a mix between Scottish and Welsh. Kind of a mix between Smiler's and Rich's accents. Although my mother is Welsh and my father is Scottish, they've got strong Scouse accents now, but I'm stuck with the weird accent. :(

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:06 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Rich didn't really have an accent though. You could hear the Welsh-ness on certain words. Smiler had an unmistakeable Scottish accent, however, so if you're mixed between them, I'd guess that you sounded more Scottish than Welsh. Poor *beep*.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:06 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Yes, all my friends say I sound Scottish, and most of them think I'm Scottish!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:08 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
Yes, all my friends say I sound Scottish, and most of them think I'm Scottish!

Your first name has Scottish origins too, unless I'm mistaken.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

You're not mistaken. It is Scottish, but I'm named after my gread-grandfather. Strictly speaking, I'm not English since I'm half Welsh and half Scottish, but I like to think I'm English, and not Scottish like my friends think I am.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:12 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
You're not mistaken. It is Scottish, but I'm named after my gread-grandfather. Strictly speaking, I'm not English since I'm half Welsh and half Scottish, but I like to think I'm English, and not Scottish like my friends think I am.

I don't blame you.......no offence to any Scots who may be reading this.

maggie que

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:43 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

Stewart wrote:
I was there in the audience for this one, so a couple of comments on the editing.

1. That moment where Noel ran to the phone wasn't really shown as it happened. Noel had said his playing it cool thing, and when the phone started ringing, wandered around the wings for a bit, just letting it ring, before dashing over.

2. They did a sweep at the £10k offer, and everyone said No Deal, apart from June (actually this may have been shown, I didnt catch the start)

3. On the 8,500 offer, Peter's advice to deal was shown. However, a sweep was done here, and in the sweep he said No Deal :S.

4. Mark gave Rich lots of advice during the game (more than any other player), but all of this ended up on the cutting room floor.

5. (and this is the most important one)

That dashing fellow that opened box 3 in the viewers competition was yours truly :D.
well well you look like a nice boy!thanks for the inside info,really interesting as l'm a dond freak. :lol:

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:31 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

That was an interesting game, even without the emotions in play, and though the £20,000 deal was a marginal decision, I think Rich gave the banker a run for his money.

He kept a poker face on for most of the game, along with the other 21 shows, so the banker had no idea what to make of him for certain.

The only 'mistake' he made was to tell the banker what he thought the offer would be, which changed what the banker offered. Had he said nothing, he might have won a couple of thousand pounds more.

His partner helped him make a sensible deal, for richer or for poorer, and he didn't end up going from riches to rags.

johindes

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:04 am    Author: johindes    Post subject:

never_wrong wrote:
greeny wrote:

"A bit of a Welsh accent" is fine - i.e. Rich today. Real hardcore Welsh speakers, who actually speak the language Welsh, have such a gutteral intonation that it sounds like they're trying to retch something up from their lower intestine. It's not the most romantic of accents.

ummmm I am Welsh speaker married to a Scot, no hope for us then :smt089

never_wrong

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:05 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

johindes wrote:
never_wrong wrote:
greeny wrote:

ummmm I am Welsh speaker married to a Scot, no hope for us then :smt089

I've actually tried to learn Welsh but it sounds like such a difficult language if you're not a native speaker. Hence why it sounds so peculiar to those of us who can only speak English, French, German and Italian....

johindes

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:17 am    Author: johindes    Post subject:

its quite similar to french, certain words are very similar. Fair play to you for attempting to learn it though. Not many people moving here take the time to bother.

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]