Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Warnings: 0
WOW! :D

PERFECT NIGHTMARE :-D

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

That is brilliant says Noel

Banker's offer would've been:

£17,500

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 14 and reveals £20,000

Box 20 with Rachel has the £15,000

Noel tells Amy how that was nearly the perfect game.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
International Forums Moderator

It's a good thing that Noel joked about that, because some people (MARK! :roll: :evil: ) genuinely thought it!

And what a proveout! £17,500 is no match for £75,000!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Now that has gotta be "Game of the Month" right there! :D

A really really massive OPW that I've been crying out for so long!

Enjoy £75,000, Amy! :smt023

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Great win. 75k almost made it straightforward to deal though (except for those who believe that yesterday's boxes have some mysterious influence on today's game).

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
International Forums Moderator

I guess at that point the Banker-producer was worried that Amy would be seduced by the board and (given her anxiety at lower earlier offers) potentially end up with a crash that she'd have taken badly (even with a five-figure consolation prize), potentially making the rest of the 22 more conservative...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Forum Games Moderator

I am extremely happy for Amy as I really liked her and wanted her to win a lot of money! I was literally clenching my fists and praying for the boxes to be good. I was ecstatic at the end. Congratulations on a fantastic win Amy, and thank you for being the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen in my entire life! Love you loads Amy. xxx :smt058 :smt055

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Last edited by willrelf on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:08 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Forum Games Moderator

willrelf wrote:
I am extremely happy for Amy as I really liked her and wanted her to win a lot of money! I was literally clenching my fists and praying for the boxes to be good. I was ecstatic at the end. Congratulations on a fantastic win Amy, and thank you for making me really happy!

Totally agreed!

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:10 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

:smt038 what a fab game.Amy was lovely.thank goodness she chose to go at 75k.hope you have a swell time spending all that dosh.a sound banker spanking.give it some wellie Amy. :spank

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:26 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Forum Games Moderator

Skyline wrote:
willrelf wrote:
I am extremely happy for Amy as I really liked her and wanted her to win a lot of money! I was literally clenching my fists and praying for the boxes to be good. I was ecstatic at the end. Congratulations on a fantastic win Amy, and thank you for making me really happy!

Totally agreed!
You fancied her too did you? :smt023 :P

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy
Forum Games Moderator

No, I'm too young to get... ya know

/sarcasm

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:35 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

I think it took guts to turn down the £31,000. Average at that point I make out at £62,000, and I always say if i'm being offered half of the average I'll give it consideration. Ultimitely though the board was just too strong here. I'd continue, but I certainly wouldn't object to anyone dealing the £31,000.

As it happened though, I'd never in my wildest dream have expected an offer of £75,000. With an average of £84,000 it is just simply too generous, and I personally think that unless you're already very well off you'd be mad not to take this offer. As I put in the other thread I would "fistpump insta-deal" this offer, followed by a lap of the studio with one hand in the air.

Even the £15,000 is too low as a consolation prize compared to the £75,000 - that's a £60,000 difference.

I feel the banker maybe pitched that offer slightly wrong. I think he'd have got away with £60,000-£65,000 - offers which I'd have dealt. There might then have been some tension on whether or not to take it, and a bit more drama afterwards. As it was though it was such an easy decision, and as the player you simply have to ignore the remaining boxes, and not be upset if you had the £100,000 or £250,000.

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:40 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Well done Amy :D

Yesterday I thought I had seen my game of the month with Ben :D

Now I am not sure :D

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Great result, surely the best 5 box offer we've ever seen!

Well done Amy on £75,000! :D

To be honest I was surprised the banker went so high as 75K even with such a good board.
£50,000 would've still been a reasonable offer and worth consideration. Only Wakeyists would turn down
75K which was an automatic deal!

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

A phenomenal game by anyone's standards. And does this really mean that we have finally seen the end of the curse of the gorgeous girl? Apart from the two £250k winners it always seems the lovely lasses end up with small amounts, Joey and Siobhan immediately spring to mind.

Congratulations on a fantastic win and for getting out at the right time, Amy! :smt023 I hope the money does so much good for you. To think you had an offer of £12,500 and it gave you real pause for thought and you have won 6 times that amount. One of the best games ever without a doubt and I adored the yellow jersey too. :smt054

I'm with willrelf, Amy was a really gorgeous young lady.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Game of the year, wow!

I was pleased that he offered at least 70K at 5 box and might have 'only' offered 50K or something because it was too much to risk for her like Kathleen etc but then the perfect proveout as well!

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Agree with a few people, Amy was really quite beautiful! :D

Oni-91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:19 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

Very likely the best game I've seen. Even better than the £250k wins.

Also, hi all.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/06 Amy

I hope this game doesn't get put in the same heat as ben is the June Show of the Month, the cut off point is usually about the 10th/11th! :)

Well, that just goes to show all the Wakeyists out there that the best games don't necessarily have to be about open-your-box and it's a power 5 amount in there!

I did think the banker suddenly went from offering way too low to way too much at 5-box, but I guess a lot more people could have been tempted to Wakey it with £15,000 guaranteed (I think similar actually - I'd always accept a large amount if there was a chance of winning a blue or orange, even if it wasn't great for the board Lauren's £51k offer at 3-box immediately comes to mind!), but you ccan guarantee that if she'd found any red at the squashdown instead of the 1p she'd have got a Constance-like offer due to the threat of the low blue. That one box selection probably netted her about an extra £40k! :)

Lovely girl (she even wanted to give some money to charity!) and her parents were really good too, not being overly influential.

The banker must be scared of young girls now!

(Though Eddie and Liam have redressed the balance slightly of men not winning anything massive recently) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]