Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:32 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:32 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:51 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Aaaaaaaaaarrrghhh! I missed todays show due to lectures and it sounded like a great game. Why oh why!!

But a fantastic win so well done to Tom after a bad run of wins in the last few weeks.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:06 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Wow what a game! Welldone Tom. Enjoy the money! :-D

hevsy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:13 pm    Author: hevsy    Post subject:

awwww....that's brilliant. glad tom did well!!! seemed like a top bloke!!!

hevsy xx

Jaz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:16 pm    Author: Jaz    Post subject:

smooth_criminal wrote:
Is it me, or was Noel doing his best to get Tom to go on and risk it all just because he's desperate for someone to get the quarter of a million. Give it a rest Noel - not everyone's got several million to fall back on like you have!

That's what I thought too. I thought Noel's meant to be impartial and help them...
But well done to Tom, he did brilliantly and he was really nice :D

hevsy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:33 pm    Author: hevsy    Post subject:

Jaz wrote:
smooth_criminal wrote:
Is it me, or was Noel doing his best to get Tom to go on and risk it all just because he's desperate for someone to get the quarter of a million. Give it a rest Noel - not everyone's got several million to fall back on like you have!

yeah, i totally agree with you there. he sometimes goes to far in trying to appeal to the contestants' daring sides, which is a bit out of order. I thought he was suposed to be impartial too. But like you say, I think he is really desperate for someone to win the big money. He usually gives them both scenarios i.e. you could win 50p or £250,000 if you carry on etc... but today all he basically said was are you denying yourself the chance to be the first £250,000 winner. glad tom made the right decision in the end!!!! :)

hevsy xx

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:35 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

he said "what would you prefer, waking up tomorrow morning with 33k, or being the first 250k winner?"

erm, noel, sorry but that makes no sense. i mean, which one would you prefer?? seen as he's on the show, i'm guessing he doesn't have an aversion to money...

no mention of the 50p there noel you blinkered fool - you're supposed to be the voice of reason!

mary sue

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:38 pm    Author: mary sue    Post subject:

:lol: :lol: Great Game today. Glad Tom got £33k, agree that Noel was a bit pushy today, but he's so lovely, I forgive him anything.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:38 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I thought that too! It was like it was a straight choice between the £33k and the £250k. "Erm...I'll go for the 50p please, Noel."

Joe Meredith

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:12 pm    Author: Joe Meredith    Post subject:

Yeah I don't reckon that £99,000 offer was that probable - look at Germaines game when he was left with the £1 (?) and £250k - £75,000 then...methinks it would have been nearer that figure.

Joe

rico7

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:30 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Joe Meredith wrote:
Yeah I don't reckon that £99,000 offer was that probable - look at Germaines game when he was left with the £1 (?) and £250k
Agreed. Even Morris was only offered 2K more than that at £101,000 when he had the safety net of £20,000 compared to just £5 for Tom. Anyone would choose winning £250K more than £33K when presented with that choice, but imo having three blues is not the best basis to no deal for the 10% chance of ending up with the dream scenario of 100K and 250K at the end.

simone

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:38 pm    Author: simone    Post subject:

I liked Tom & I was so glad he done well. I wish he had of got the 99K but I suppose 33K isnt that bad

jamtart25

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:59 am    Author: jamtart25    Post subject:

crazyeddie wrote:
£99,000... is not what I predicted. :o

I thought £80,000 would be fine, £88,000 as an afterthought, but £99,000... no-one's risked that much on the show. The banker must think unpredictable offers are the best way to stop a player from going all the way.

it can be accurate throughout.

I don't think this offer was accurate. Many months ago, Germaine had £250,000 and £1 left and he was offered £75,000. The banker always offers higher when the contestant has already dealt just to tick them off.

jamtart25

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:06 am    Author: jamtart25    Post subject:

smooth_criminal wrote:

I completely agree with this. Noel was trying his best to subtly manipulate Tom to play on especially after the 2nd round when Tom was considering the £18,000 offer. That would have been a bit of a boring show and Noel knew it!

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The correct question there would have been 'which is worse - throwing away £33,000 and ending with £5, or throwing away the chance to win £250,000?'

The real offer at the final two would probably have been £66,000 or £77,000. Probably £66,000, given that it would have been double the previous offer and also because they're that desperate for someone to win £250,000.

Noel's_Beard

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:21 am    Author: Noel's_Beard    Post subject:

Congratulations geezer. :-D

Enjoy the money :)

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]