Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:27 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

Warnings: 0
Well, Alice was always going to be a tough act to follow but Wayne was a good choice for today's show. Have to admire the way he dealt with the Banker's blackmail attempt. :D

An amusing diversion too with the Banker's firing and rehiring (quite plausible in the current circumstances)

Personally I would have probably gone at £35k but i wouldn't have taken £21,500, I know i've said before a 5 box offer which is higher than 80% of the board is worth considering but in this case it was only £1500 higher which is negligible relatively speaking

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:41 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

alexandercbrown wrote:
Andrea10163 wrote:
Hardly seems fair that he isnt getting the bankers gamble

The show isn't 'fair', Alice only got the banker's gamble because she was young, Welsh and the 1p was left.

Nonsense! Because she's young and welsh?! Probably was offered cos of the whole risk taking attitude she'd brought up throughout the show, then 'bottling' it at 17.5k. The banker's gamble was pretty obvious by 5 box time. I do agree that the presence of the 1p made it a perfect gambling board for someone who made a point of their attitude to risk. THAT'S why the gamble was offered, not because of her gender, age or nationality!

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:50 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

Andrea10163 wrote:
:shock: My 12 year old son took one look at Wayne and said "he's gay".....I said "don't be silly and don't say things like that about people"

:eyes: Guess he can tell better than me lol :smt046

Lol! I used to think i had a pretty good gaydar, but i missed wayne on it this time! I have been known to shock my mum with my accuracy when spotting gay players. And yes, i know what you mean-dont say that!-but since i have no problems with it, its really all in good humour:-) an aside-while waiting for a prescription in boots in Belfast in 2006, i saw a really familiar girl walking about at the makeup counters. Til i realised it was marcus!(from march 06) i had to stop myself from running over and congratulating him on his brilliant show!

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:52 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

Was Wayne's show filmed on the same day as Alice's?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:01 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

Yep! So not bad for a recovery down to earth for the camera's sake ay? :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

cfd wrote:
What's the point of that hypothetical swap? Are we to assume he would have no dealt £90,000 and gambled, because if not then that swap is utterly pointless.

My feelings exactly - in which case I just ignore Noel and take the opposite view to what he says (i.e he sold a £250k box for £21.5k).

Glad to see that Wayne resisted the encouragement to gamble at 5 box (which was understandable after Alice's game). The 8 box offer was better but on a 4/4 board, it could have easily have gone his way.

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:41 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

well done wayne
caught end of your game
:smt023

KP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne
International Forums Moderator

This was the most important game of the season (he types while watching Manchester United v Liverpool :D) and we get a £35k eight-box No Deal (albeit on a board where it was worth considering) followed by a 'ha ha, you coward' two-box hypothetical joke. Fortunately it would've been an OBW anyway AND they still carried out the hypo swap - if they'd not hypo-swapped so that they could go 'ha ha, you squandered £250k' I'd have really, really feared for the show.

However, Wayne rose above the very dangerous post-£250k euphoria, and had he bought any other box to the table then failure to resist the pressure to duplicate Alice would have led to a Craig-esque self-inflicted trainwreck!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

KP wrote:
This was the most important game of the season (he types while watching Manchester United v Liverpool :D) and we get a £35k eight-box No Deal (albeit on a board where it was worth considering) followed by a 'ha ha, you coward' two-box hypothetical joke. Fortunately it would've been an OBW anyway AND they still carried out the hypo swap - if they'd not hypo-swapped so that they could go 'ha ha, you squandered £250k' I'd have really, really feared for the show.

However, Wayne rose above the very dangerous post-£250k euphoria, and had he bought any other box to the table then failure to resist the pressure to duplicate Alice would have led to a Craig-esque self-inflicted trainwreck!

I think the 2 box offer, whilst inflated, was somewhat justifiable in the context of the banker not wanting to risk a send QM-aire in consecutive days.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

Well it was always going to be an interesting game after Alice's and no wonder the original Banker got the sack after offering that type of gamble he did to Alice...but i'm glad Geoff didn't last and the normal Banker got his job back.

Just imagine if the Banker had offered the Banker's Gamble again today as well. Potentially two £250,000 winners in the same amount of days.

At 5-box it was all about whether it was worth the risk of chasing the £250,000 or taking the offer, with Wayne taking the offer, which is understandable. It's a shame that £250,000 remained though (well technically it couldn't be found) till the end, but for a split second I thought the Banker might offer the gamble - though of course I knew it wouldn't really happen two days in a row.

Been a very interesting week. We've had Alice become the second QM winner and we had George who just missed out on the 1p club. Just what will tomorrow bring? Hopefully a big win so that we can get the biggest payout in a week.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:42 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
KP wrote:

I think the 2 box offer, whilst inflated, was somewhat justifiable in the context of the banker not wanting to risk a send QM-aire in consecutive days.

Oh it may well have been that offer in active play for that storyline. In fact that was the one justification, in my view, for the encouragement to No Deal!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:16 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

A good game to have after the colossal game of Thursday.

Wayne was great, I loved how he didn't let the Banker intimidate him and it was good to see him go away with a decent sum of money. And yeah, the biggie was in there again, but to be fair, I didn't care.

I guess I would be right in saying that he would have dealt the £90,000?

WCF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:47 pm    Author: WCF    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

Some really good comments there, but good or bad, I'm glad I did my bit and walked away with a nice sum. To be fair though, better than that I have made some fantastic friends and have built up a decent level of self-confidence that I had lacked when I was younger.

All the best guys - kepp on enjoying the adventures of the Dream Factory....

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne
Administrator & Global Moderator

WCF wrote:
Some really good comments there, but good or bad, I'm glad I did my bit and walked away with a nice sum. To be fair though, better than that I have made some fantastic friends and have built up a decent level of self-confidence that I had lacked when I was younger.

It's great to hear the whole DOND experience has done you good, and I echo what you say about making friends and building confidence.

It was always going to be difficult playing the show after such a big win like Alice's. I was *beep* myself at the start of Friday's show, thinking it'd be me. We were both on 21 shows so were "on the radar" (to quote Dirk) but luckily they pulled you out of the bag instead of me. :P

I have to say, I did like your expression when your name was called. :o And Noel's impression of you!! :o :o

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Wayne

WCF wrote:

All the best guys - kepp on enjoying the adventures of the Dream Factory....

Thought you were very brave to No Deal the £35k offer, and then thought you should have gone on when you dealt but c'est la vie. It couldn't have been easy following Alice.

What would you have done had the BG been offered at the end?

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]