Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

sonicrules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

Warnings: 0
Skyline wrote:
I am so happy for her! :D

I always like pretty girls winning money :-D

lmao, me too! lol very pleased for her, she deserved it for the guts she showed at the end!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:43 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

Billy wrote:
...out of all the episodes to bloody miss!!!!!

That'll teach you to lose faith in this show :twisted: Expect the unexpected!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice
Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
collydolly wrote:
Joey wrote:
collydolly wrote:
The viewing figures must be up due to David (h2005) being on the show

With all due respect to David, I very much doubt his presence on the show is having any effect on viewing figures!

I am just going by all the posters on here who say they had not watched the show for ages but were watching again now :D

Just read David's contestants thread :D

Thats about 10 people... and thats only because he was on this forum...

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:15 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

h2005 wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
collydolly wrote:
Joey wrote:
collydolly wrote:

With all due respect to David, I very much doubt his presence on the show is having any effect on viewing figures!

I am just going by all the posters on here who say they had not watched the show for ages but were watching again now :D

Add another two, see your contestants thread :lol:

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

h2005 wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
collydolly wrote:
Joey wrote:
collydolly wrote:

Hahaha well yes... :unsure

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:33 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

i mostly watch the days game online in the evening, cos i'm normally working when the show is aired...
anyway, went to watch FRIDAY'S GAME & noel said bout SECOND WELSH GIRL QUATER MILLIONAIRE.... :shock:
so i realised i hadn't seen thursday's game.....
[this was bout 3am sat morning..]
i ran upstairs & said to my other half... "there's been another welsh girl won the quater million"

he knew ?? :ponder:
that foxed me, cos thursday, we were in a funeral....all day... of my first grandchild...who died before she was born :smt009
so DOND was furthest from my mind...

so i just watched the wonderful brave alice get the jackpot :smt023

CLAIRE... that was my trouble i mentioned :(

but i'm sooooo happy for alice
i've just cried, laughed, cried...all at the same time

my head is up my bottom at the mo, but alice mead me forget all that...for a minute or two

congrats alice darling

thank you DOND for taking my mind off my probs for a bit..
jo
:smt049

jonny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:31 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

MisterAl wrote:
StatsMan wrote:
Er... I am in a complete state of shock at the moment - I did not hear about a 12th March £250,000 winner whilst I was down there earlier this week, so that was a complete surprise!

Although the warm-up guy almost gave the game away when he was talking about the significance of Welsh players during one of the recordings on Tuesday this week! I noticed that he very quickly managed to alter what he was about to say to only mention the first jackpot winner coming from Wales, and stop himself from saying any more. (Unlike one of the recordings last week where he blabbed a whole lot more...)

Oh God, he was blabbing completely about it when I went, and those were for May shows...he didn't mention her name, just went on about the Welsh thing (there were four Welsh players on the wings at the time), and how the banker didn't like Welsh women from Monmouth...etc

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

jonny wrote:
MisterAl wrote:
StatsMan wrote:
Er... I am in a complete state of shock at the moment - I did not hear about a 12th March £250,000 winner whilst I was down there earlier this week, so that was a complete surprise!

Although the warm-up guy almost gave the game away when he was talking about the significance of Welsh players during one of the recordings on Tuesday this week! I noticed that he very quickly managed to alter what he was about to say to only mention the first jackpot winner coming from Wales, and stop himself from saying any more. (Unlike one of the recordings last week where he blabbed a whole lot more...)

Oh God, he was blabbing completely about it when I went, and those were for May shows...he didn't mention her name, just went on about the Welsh thing (there were four Welsh players on the wings at the time), and how the banker didn't like Welsh women from Monmouth...etc

That's what makes the fact that the details weren't spoiled even greater. The fact that C4 would have to rely on a lot of pilgrims keeping their mouths and typing fingers quiet.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

Pilgrims take their confidentiality agreement seriously, you know. I would never divulge any details about upcoming games mainly because it ruins the enjoyment of the show for others - oh, and because I can't. The pilgrims, a loyal bunch of people, probably realised it would be much more of an classic if the ending was unexpected - the shock when the banker's gamble came, and with 1p and £250,000, I couldn't call the outcome, which was how it should be of course. It wouldn't be surprised if pilgrims kept their loyalty for a fair while to come, they are a trusty bunch you know... :lol:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

StatsMan wrote:
Pilgrims take their confidentiality agreement seriously, you know. I would never divulge any details about upcoming games mainly because it ruins the enjoyment of the show for others - oh, and because I can't. The pilgrims, a loyal bunch of people, probably realised it would be much more of an classic if the ending was unexpected - the shock when the banker's gamble came, and with 1p and £250,000, I couldn't call the outcome, which was how it should be of course. It wouldn't be surprised if pilgrims kept their loyalty for a fair while to come, they are a trusty bunch you know... :lol:

I guess if they were found to have blabbed then they would be banned from the Dream Factory forever.

bb67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:07 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

Thought i would post in this thread in particular. Not been on in a while due to work etc. But still been watching, and I loved this game, pretty obvious why lol. SOOOO glad someone else has won it, finally got that ghost off us!

beaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:18 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 12/03 Alice

jonny wrote:
MisterAl wrote:
StatsMan wrote:

She's not from Monmouth, she's from Undy in Monmouthshire. :smt009

Monmouth is about 20 miles away, Undy is nearer Newport and Chepstow than Monmouth.

She is from the County of Monmouthshire but its a fairly large area, I mean you wouldn't assume that everyone from Cheshire was from Chester or Warickshire from Warwick.

The producers are making far too much of it and come up with a minor connection and low and behold the only ones who win the £250k live in Monmouth :smt011

[ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]