Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:55 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:55 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Warnings: 0
daniel123 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
See people. Wakeyism does sometimes, and I reckon more often than not, pay off. A prime example of that was today's show.

Very welldone Ann for first of all playing the game the way that wins you big, big money and secondly on a massive £35,000. Spend it well.

487 blues to 457 reds so far brought to the table.
225 of the bankers power 5 to 205 of the players power 5.

I'd rather play the board.

Great result today but today was a day that Daniel's advice wasn't needed (or ended up on the cutting room floor)

Do note I only stated "I reckon". Now, knowing the actual statistics, I was totally wrong which I'll admit.

Still, a very well-played game and again welldone Ann. Like it or not it was the only way anything over the £25,000 offered could have been won today, and it paid off. Quite simple analogy from me today then, but given her mentality during the game it's not really worth talking about offers or generosity. Enjoy £35,000.

True and had she dealt the final offer, then I can imagine we'd have had the "not being true to yourself" comments from Noel. As long as today's game doesn't start a precident of games where players start convincing themselves the big money is there just because they think it is and ignore the offers, then the odd game like today is harmless and good viewing.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Whats wakeyism anyway. I'm assuming a guy called "wakey" played and he was going to open his box no matter what happened....

If this is the case, what did he win?

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

DanJudge wrote:
Was I not on that show!!!!!! I demand to speak to my agent!!!!

ha ha ha. She was pretty determined. I game advice on every show, but I guess they edited me out.

Glad that it turned out well for her though! I reckon my advice would have had her play safe at £25k.

I'm not surprised your advice got edited today. I don't think every person on the wings and in the audience advising Ann to deal would have made the blindest bit of difference to her.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

DanJudge wrote:
Whats wakeyism anyway. I'm assuming a guy called "wakey" played and he was going to open his box no matter what happened....

There's a list of the terms we use here.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11216

"Wakeyism / Wakeyistic: The idea of “no dealing” due to the aggressive pro-gambling nature of (now banned) forum member wakey1512."

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Well that was wakeyist. Was a good game though because you didn't really know how it would turn out as the last couple of offer were well pitched.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Yeah, that's more like it :D ! A great Power 5 win is always a pleasure.
Congrats to Ann, and enjoy every penny of that £35,000 :D .

EPIC WIN!
[23]

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:41 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann
Forum Games Moderator

I'd love to use my box 25 at this point :lol:

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

DanJudge wrote:

When Wakey was posting his opinions he was only in high school, which believes he didn't know the value of money (and I suspect he still doesn't) and has never risked four-five figure amounts in real life. He insulted people for dealing early by calling them idiots, this led to him being banned on Bothers Bar (when they did the commentaries before this site appeared) and on here more than one occasion.

Basically he's attitude was to disregard any offer regardless how big it is and open to box to see how much they win, pratically a 1 in 5 chance to winning £20,000 or more.

I don't tend to use the term Wakeyism as I find it such a silly word (sorry folks) and would rather use his method on a combination of extreme gambling and blind luck.

Last edited by travis P on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann
Administrator & Global Moderator

DanJudge wrote:

I'm glad you've asked that. Even though I've been on the forums since I was in nappies (almost) and know what the term means, I still think it'd be confusing to new members to use terms like "Wakeyism". I prefer the good old fashioned word "gambling" myself.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann
Forum Games Moderator

Is Wilsonism a synonym?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Skyline wrote:
Is Wilsonism a synonym?

You could say it is. I, however, have other words for it... one of which is *beep*.

(Wilsonism of course being another banned-forum-user related term meaning "being insulting to anyone who deals".)

DanJudge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Heres hoping that something in my game gets picked up by you guys and becomes a Danielism!!!

Whether that be good or bad, NO SPOILERS!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Haha! Here's hoping! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Oh and the even better news is that despite it being a Power Five territory win, it STILL isn't the biggest win of the day on TV gameshows: someone just stole £77,000 on Golden Balls! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

NICE! :D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

I've coined several "Markisms", none of which really relate to gameplay per se, but cater more the the results of games. Y'all know what they are by now ;) .

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann
Forum Games Moderator

DanJudge wrote:
Heres hoping that something in my game gets picked up by you guys and becomes a Danielism!!!

Whether that be good or bad, NO SPOILERS!

Can I join? Even though I haven't seen your game? Pleeease? :smt047

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

Which H conveniently disabled certain websites to stop you posting the images... :roll:

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

I haven't disabled any websites. I just added a certain word to the swear filter which stops certain silly images being posted. :)

Anyway it was a good game today and nice to see some risks paying off! I don't think she particularly made any shocking decisions as she always seemed determined to go to the end, right from the start of the game. Nevertheless, it was still a very tense show and it was great to watch. It'd have been terrible if she'd only won £50 after that, so well done Ann!

clareclw1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:26 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 27/01 Ann

It was such a brilliant game to watch and be part of - i found ann's determination very inspirational and being a teacher myself, i understood where she was coming from when she was comparing the game to her students and the classroom etc, hence the advice i gave.

Ann was 'in the zone' for want of a better word, for her whole show, and she had strong support from her husband which only helped her staunch determination.

This was a game where the inspiration made me emotional and i think we could all agree that some of her earlier offers (25k for example) would have been tempting for most. Good for you ann!!!!! :-D

[ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]